Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Guest Sniffer

I think a lot of you have forgotten what last season was like. Very few players provided any consistently acceptable performances and enrique was no better than the rest. To say that a player we should buy is as good as enrique and use it as a valid reason means we are not improving a defence that leaked christ knows how many goals........ ably helped by a shite midfield and front players whocouldn't hold the ball up of course.

I said a while ago that if we head into the new season with basically the same team we will struggle. We won't compete with the top teams on a skill level and run the risk of getting outfought by the Wigans of this world. Buying players who are basically no better than we have just because we need warm bodies does not improve the team over last season. I expect us to be just as inconsistent this time around unless we markedly improve the midfield either by buying better players who can do the job or current players raise their game dramatically. Meaning the likes of N'zogbia, barton, geremi, milner.......I don't see it happening. 

Guest Sniffer

Duff hasn't threatened anybody at the Toon since he came, n'zogbia hasn't for two years or so and jonas..who knows? Same as who knows about guthrie and Butt is getting on. Geremi is shite and Barton might be gone until Christmas if the FA have their way. MIlner's no better so far..

I mostly agree with morgster but feel midfield is more of a priority than attack. WE agree we need a CM who can control possession but I think Butt is past it and we need a new holding CM player. I view Guthrie as a squad player and Geremi as too slow. I'm not sure where and where and when Barton fits in.

I'd still like Martins and Owen to be paired together and think Viduka is a good complement when fit. Carroll could be a fourth striker or we could use one of the wingers to play centrally (Duff?) if we play five in midfield.

In short I'd like an Emre who stayed fit and a giant to patrol in front og the back four (Faye?) and help protect dead balls against the likes of Bolton. In my dreams I'd like better but think KK should be able to progress with these two.

SSN just said something along the lines of Steve Coppell expects Shorey to sign for a premier league club by the middle of the week

Shorey not!

Wouldn't mind him here. Alright player.

Don't really mind which, was just suggesting it because I'm pretty sure we've bid for Warnock (was that confirmed? I lose track)

Aye it was maybe we have been priced out and switched targets

Probably not us like would expect him to go elsewhere

Guest JamesyJazz

Dunno if anyones mentioned this guy before in the thread but I see that Jimmy Bullard is having some contract probs at Fullham.

Always thought he would be a favourite here and the way he's come back from that horrific injury is terrific.

Love to see him signed.

Dunno if anyones mentioned this guy before in the thread but I see that Jimmy Bullard is having some contract probs at Fullham.

Always thought he would be a favourite here and the way he's come back from that horrific injury is terrific.

Love to see him signed.

What a waste of a signing that would be.