Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Jeremy Menez from Monaco.......creative attacking midfielder/forward.......though not sure about signing French players due to our fairly bad record and constant whinging we usually get from them

Thought he was being fought over by Milan and Juve.

Jeremy Menez from Monaco.......creative attacking midfielder/forward.......though not sure about signing French players due to our fairly bad record and constant whinging we usually get from them

Thought he was being fought over by Milan and Juve.

didn't you say he was going to Inter a few months back?

To be fair, at 4m and 30,000 pounds, it's not like he's costing us much money.

Lets sign me up aswell then, I can hit a ball hard and won't cost £4m. Would even settle for £20,000 a week.

should have spoken up when we gave Shambles his last contract. Less than half the wage, and able to hit a ball.......

Newcastle United and Manchester City are reportedly tracking Porto defender Bruno Alves.

Alves has been in excellent form for the Portuguese Liga champions, and reports claim scouts from both United and City have been monitoring his progress.

The 26-year-old's current contract runs until 2012, and it is claimed that Porto would not accept an offer of less than 30million euros (£23.6million).

The central-half's agent, and father, has confirmed that a number of clubs are interested in signing Alves.

Grand proportions

"Porto is not interested in a sale right now, but anything is possible after Euro 2008," agent Washington Alves said.

"Bruno is playing very well. A number of European clubs have asked about his contract situation."

The Porto defender added: "I am flattered by the reports but I have signed a deal with Porto, which complicates an exit.

"The club would only study an offer for me if the fee was of grand proportions."

My signings

Dunne- 5/6 million

Bent- 10 Million

Arshavin- 8 million

Fernandes- 8 million ( the one from Everton)

still need a DM but cant really think of a good one

Bent isn't value for money there. The rest would probably be good signings. Think Arshavin would be way more expensive though.

Juan Román Riquelme would be the best in my opinion not sure if he would come though seems happy at Boca and is playing very well there

Don't think he'd work out in the prem.  We'd be better off with a younger, hungrier player with pace.  Nasri or someone or pretty much any young Brazillian playmaker playing in Russia.

Bafetimbi Gomis has hinted he will leave Saint Etienne this summer, but on good terms, with Newcastle United and now Bolton Wanderers joining Marseille in tracking the powerful attacker.

Les Verts' involvement in Europe will be a factor in his decision during the close season, they currently lie fifth in Ligue 1, but, realistically, it will be difficult for the club to keep their star man on board.

Gomis has drawn comparisons with Didier Drogba for his all-action style and it is little wonder Marseille want to recreate the success they had with the Ivory Coast international.

However, Kevin Keegan has had the 22-year-old watched and Bolton have also thrown their hat into the ring with their Premier League safety secure. Arsenal and Tottenham have also reportedly cast admiring glances his way.

After the frustrating goalless draw with Lille, he told reporters: "For the moment, I feel good in Saint Etienne.

"They promised me a good exit but it does not necessarily mean that I will go myself.

"I will take time to reflect.

"The fact of playing or not competing in Europe can change many things.

"There will be no arm-wrestling."

President Bernard Caiazzo claimed recently it would take over €20 million (£15.7 million) to land his prize asset.

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/05/06/Ligue-1-Gomis-on-future/

l'equipe (via tribalfootball :blush:) say we've bid £3.5 million for Stephane Sessegnon apparently.

Done a bit of digging. This player apparently plays either on the left wing or as an attacking midfielder, and is not a defensive midfielder.

Maybe he is our fall back option after Modric didn't quite work out. Seems to play similar positions to Modric.

Would fit into the Geremi/Barton role in our current setup. Hopefully replacing Geremi.

Also linked to Crouch again today. I wasn't too hot on this a little while ago, but he would suit our current setup really well in that Viduka role, as he is very good receiving the ball to feet and maintains posession and finds a teammate very well.

I'm struggling to think of any other strikers out there, who we could realistically go for, who could come in and give us the same type of play as what Viduka brings in our current setup. There are few foreign strikers who are in this mould and in the premier league the only other guy other than Crouch is perhaps Ashton, but Ashton is always injured as well.

Will be interesting to see who Keegan goes for.

Ashton and Crouch would be great.....

Ashton injures himself every time he takes a shot at goal, no ta.

Crouch i would consider, he'd be on the cheap as well.