Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

I'd feel sick for days if we signed Crouch.

I'd be happy for days if we signed him for under 10 mil.

Better player than a fit Viduka, who doesn't seem all that likely to be playing regular football in the Premiership ever again, so we need a replacement anyway.

I'd feel sick for days if we signed Crouch.

I'd be happy for days if we signed him for under 10 mil.

Better player than a fit Viduka, who doesn't seem all that likely to be playing regular football in the Premiership ever again, so we need a replacement anyway.

In what ways?

Not a target for us, but i can't believe Roeder hasn't offered Huckerby a new contract

speaking of glenn, he has given lee clark's brother in law a full time scouting position at norwich.

jobsfortheboys

Paul Baker has quit Blue Star for Norwich? He is one of the good guys of NE football Paul Baker.

Wonder if still lives in Clarkies old house a few streets down from me & Janitor?

aye, he's as straight as a die to be fair, canny fella

Guest MaetihS

We shld gp for Dos Santos...we need his type of player;pacy and flair fw/winger. If Man City can go for him and seem to be favourites to sign him, cant see why we would not be a more attractive proposition if we are interested?.

Why would Barca sell?

Either he's not cutting the grade or really its bullshit.

Selling someone so young is a bad move, Barca don't really need to do that for any good reason. I'm confused.com

I think he's overrated btw.

Also Guardiola is now the new Barca manager and they reckon he's the kind that will give youth a chance and kick out the old wasters.

Really cannot see Dos Santos leaving, over rated or not.

Also Guardiola is now the new Barca manager and they reckon he's the kind that will give youth a chance and kick out the old wasters.

I think he's a good player and will be that don't get me wrong, just he's obviously been overrated by a lot of people who have seen a few youtube clips and his FM ability. Whereas I think Bojan is the real deal.

I love Guardiola like, he was one of my favourite players.

I think he's a good player and will be that don't get me wrong, just he's obviously been overrated by a lot of people who have seen a few youtube clips and his FM ability. Whereas I think Bojan is the real deal.

I love Guardiola like, he was one of my favourite players.

SBR went for him here, shame we never pulled it off.

Guest elpapi

Nasri can leave for 16m to 20m euros according to the president of marseille (l'equipe)

Guest teepee

i think we'll see a major clear out at barca - henry, gudjohnson, deco to name a few - we should stay close!

They alluded to this last night after the game. Reading between the lines of what Ten Cate and Balague were hinting at, I'd say Barca would listen to offers for about half the squad. They were talking about a "white list" (their words) - a list of players they definitely wanted to keep. As opposed to a 'black list' of players who would be made available.

Whether they'd move is another matter entirely though. 

Guardiola doesn't want Henry, Toure at Barcelona (tribalfootball, i know)

Too bad if true that we wouldn't be able to attract someone like Toure here, "Would" of been a perfect replacement for butt and ten times better..If he's available i can see Arsenal going for him, would be perfect for them next season

watching the argie football on setanta, river plate vs san lorenzo. d'alessandro plays for the latter and is running the show, river plate went 2-0 up, san lorenzo had two sent off but they've just clawed it back after he created two goals, one from a dribble down the right the other a perfect corner. might be worth a punt in the summer, surely wouldn't cost a lot.

Guardiola doesn't want Henry, Toure at Barcelona (tribalfootball, i know)

Too bad if true that we wouldn't be able to attract someone like Toure here, "Would" of been a perfect replacement for butt and ten times better..If he's available i can see Arsenal going for him, would be perfect for them next season

Surprised he doesn`t want Toure. He`s been impressive in La Liga and was voted best buy recently buy some spanish paper

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3538048,00.html

"Crouch wants to play every week but knows he must fight it out with Fernando Torres," Benitez said.

"We keep seeing Portsmouth linked with the player but we have had no offer as yet.

"A £15m price tag would not be unreasonable."

???

another case of an overpriced english player

There's a few links for us going for Sol Campbell lately.

Is this the sort of player Keegan's looking for with Premiership experience?

Turning circle of a flatbed

Signing Portsmouth's cast offs would be pretty desperate.

Dude has lost all of his mobility and is increasingly looking a bit more clumsy by the match.

He is essentially morphing into Titus Bramble as he gets older and we really don't need that Kev. We really don't!

There's a few links for us going for Sol Campbell lately.

Is this the sort of player Keegan's looking for with Premiership experience?

I thought he was too old for us last year..

My sources tell me he's a bit older now, so nah thanks

The independent reckons Xabi Alonso could be flogged as Liverpool are skint, they've priced Crouch at 15 million apparently.

I'de take both of them, for a sensible price of course.

Xabi would be great sat in our midfield.

I agree on Alonso, would be a great signing and a good fit for our needs. I'm not sure he would fancy the move though, still if you don't buy a ticket you won't win the lottery.