Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Been listening to an egyption radio channel while searching romanian newspapers on the net... new news as of yet but i'll keep you lot posted.

Why? :lol:

I'd say thats a lame way of trying to make fun of me and what I just wrote. Nevermind him.

Let me clarify then, the guy who wrote the article on the swedish website, is portuguese, and its just a wild guess, but i think he does listen to portuguese radio, just to keep himself updated with news in his homeland. Wouldnt you do that if you were living in a foreign country?

I'm failing to see what egyptian radio stations and Romanian newspapers have to do with Miguel Veloso.

:lol:

Been listening to an egyption radio channel while searching romanian newspapers on the net... new news as of yet but i'll keep you lot posted.

I'd say thats a lame way of trying to make fun of me and what I just wrote. Nevermind him.

Let me clarify then, the guy who wrote the article on the swedish website, is portuguese, and its just a wild guess, but i think he does listen to portuguese radio, just to keep himself updated with news in his homeland. Wouldnt you do that if you were living in a foreign country?

I'm failing to see what egyptian radio stations and Romanian newspapers have to do with Miguel Veloso.

:lol:

What is he talking about? :lol:

Rather have Shorey than Bridge

Aye

I wouldn't. Gone backwards IMO, and would want a fortune in wages.

Edit - oops. Didn't see your FYP. :blush:

Twas a sneaky one.  O0

Please no Dunne him and Faye the slowest partners ever.

Nonsense. Faye is not slow. Neither is Dunne tbh. He isn't super fast, no, but not particularly slow.

True and if you are a top class centre half then speed shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Aye.  Faye & Dunne would be no slower than Adams & Keown or Bruce & Pallister.  And Terry, Carragher, Hyypia etc. are slower than Dunne.

:lol: eh??

just having a go at the ludicrousy of some of  these sources (and no captain, not singling you out mate, sorry if it came out that way)

Nonsense. Faye is not slow. Neither is Dunne tbh. He isn't super fast, no, but not particularly slow.

True and if you are a top class centre half then speed shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Aye.  Faye & Dunne would be no slower than Adams & Keown or Bruce & Pallister.  And Terry, Carragher, Hyypia etc. are slower than Dunne.

And another point... do we currently possess a "quick" centre-half that Dunne would potentially oust from the team by being partnered with Faye?

Of course the answer to that is "do we fuck". Dunne's probably quicker than Taylor, so it'd be an improvement if anything.

Faye & Dunne are nowhere near the level of defenders you mention & would not have the protection in front of them like Keane or Hiller/Petit/Vieria & the full backs either side are not in the same class as Dixon/Winterburn or Irwin/Neville.

Carragher is deceptively quick, and he has the very fast Skrtel and Agger alongside him now that the game is so focused on pace. Dunne has played along Distin and Richards the past few seasons, a faster pair of centre-halves would be hard to find. i also think Faye, and the team in general needs someone composed on the ball who can take it out of defence, and also pass it out from the back. faye has always looked pretty uncomfortable at this aspect of the game imo.

I'm still not completely convinced with Faye, but would like to see him alongside a partner where he'd simply be "the muscle". I don't think him and Dunne would be bad, like. I don't think many strikers would fancy facing them two as a pairing.

If he had someone to boss him then I think he'd shine, there's a lot of pressure on him at the minute.

We've missed him when he's been out, like.

Guest Heneage

Carragher is deceptively quick, and he has the very fast Skrtel and Agger alongside him now that the game is so focused on pace. Dunne has played along Distin and Richards the past few seasons, a faster pair of centre-halves would be hard to find. i also think Faye, and the team in general needs someone composed on the ball who can take it out of defence, and also pass it out from the back. faye has always looked pretty uncomfortable at this aspect of the game imo.

Its not all about pace but you either need it to make for your mistakes or be good enough to cover I question them for both.