Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Watching some american "soccer" as they call it for some talent.

Going to sleep now....

New York Red Bulls

vs.

Kansas City Wizards

Crap players, crap league and crap "soccer"....

Watched some when I was out there working last year. It really is at a shocking level. It would struggle to be considered any better than non-league football over here...

Hardly a surprise though, is it, considering that over there "soccer" is for the kids that aren't good enough to play American Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey or any other number of sports.

As someone who watches a fair bit of NFL, I can tell you that the NFL Europe was a dreadful quality of American Football too.

True. Over there "soccer" is a girls game. Girls and, as you said, less talented guys who can't make it in the more popular sports. For that reason, it'll never take off, no matter how many Beckham type signings the MLS makes.

Its more the fact there isnt anywhere for the majority of players to go when they leave school. if they had a structured league system with relegation and promotion the league would be moving up there. its the most played sport in n.america. franchises are a big problem too.

Its more the fact there isnt anywhere for the majority of players to go when they leave school. if they had a structured league system with relegation and promotion the league would be moving up there. its the most played sport in n.america. franchises are a big problem too.

I find that bit in bold very hard to believe. I mean, forcing kids to play something in school is one thing, but that doesn't make it popular. Seriously, 'football', basketball, baseball, hockey etc. are all miles ahead of this in terms of fan base. Don't mean to de-rail the thread, was just pointing out that the MLS is not really a league we should be looking at for talent. Unless we can get that Santiago Munez kid, he looks good...

:crazy2:

Guest MaetihS

Damn St Etienne is in Europe next season. Do not think Gomis will come here if we are interested.

Guest Guinness

Just discovered that Samir Nasri has a release cause of £15M. Sign him KK.

Where did you discover that?

I remember reading an article on Satanta saying a similar thing.

Just discovered that Samir Nasri has a release cause of £15M. Sign him KK.

Where did you discover that?

I remember reading an article on Satanta saying a similar thing.

Yeah their chairman was saying something about a release clause thje other day.

Turan and Zarate, yes please!

If we can tie up Turan before Euro 2008 we could probably get a real bargain if he has a blinding tournament, plus help heal the Modric affair! (yes I'm still reeling!)

As for Zarate, I have said before how good I think he is and how much we need to sign him, would love it!

.com says we were watching Gomez yesterday. "We understand that United were represented in the Gottlieb-Daimler Stadium on Saturday, as Stuttgart ended their season with 2-2 draw at home to Bielefeld."

Can't see how we could attract him though. Hmmm feels like I keep saying that over and over again. Well you never know.

.com says we were watching Gomez yesterday. "We understand that United were represented in the Gottlieb-Daimler Stadium on Saturday, as Stuttgart ended their season with 2-2 draw at home to Bielefeld."

Can't see how we could attract him though. Hmmm feels like I keep saying that over and over again. Well you never know.

Boka?

Guest NorwegianMag

eeehm we are signing Tore Andre Flo ????

Fear not, he's retired.

Hehe, was more like that picture of Mario Gomez on nufc.com

Very look-alike :p

Guest Anth.Nufc

28 goals in 32 games for Stuttgart this season and 6 in 9 starts for Germany!  Yes please  :celb:

Second that!

Boka?

Would love Boka  :smitten:

Have we been linked with many defensive players? Veloso has been the only defnsive target that has really excited me. Not exactly been linked with many young defenders in the same vain as the attackers.