Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Spuds ready to sell

Bent for £8m

Chimbonda for £2m

Lennon for £6m

Kaboul for £2m

I'd probably take the lot at once if am honest, would boost the squad no ends.

Also Huddlestone for £5m, i'd have him as well.

I'd take Lennon and Bent, wouldn't want the others. There's a reason they want rid.

Didn't think you'd accept other clubs' cast-offs btw. ;)

Why are they wanting to sell Kaboul for £2 million only one season after they bought him for £7 million?  Seems absolutely crazy to me unless they put him on massive wages when they signed him..

Why are they wanting to sell Kaboul for £2 million only one season after they bought him for £7 million?  Seems absolutely crazy to me unless they put him on massive wages when they signed him..

coz he was shite for them just like Boumsong for us

Spuds ready to sell

Bent for £8m

Chimbonda for £2m

Lennon for £6m

Kaboul for £2m

I'd take Lennon and Bent, wouldn't want the others. There's a reason they want rid.

Most players sold are cast-offs, just depends on the quality of the cast off.

All of the above for those prices would enhance our squad, some of them straight into the 1st team. I don't mind good business, and they would be good business.

coz he was s**** for them just like Boumsong for us

But he's 22 and he's only been there one year, its insane to take such as loss on such a young player just because he's had a bad first season.

Okay, I should have put Spurs' cast-offs.

Depends on the quality, i wouldn't want Tiano, Dawson, Robinson, Gardner, but those on the other list are good players and would add to our squad, is that difficult to understand?  :laugh: I only want what's best for my club, and good deals for good players are welcome no matter where those players are from.

Guest shaun11177

Dont see anything wrong with Huddlestone

Liked the look of Torosidis and Anyukov

Guiza looks fast/strong

Anyway its the usual-waiting for the top teams to sign whoever their signing and hopefully there is something left for the rest of us.

Kaboul was voted best defender in french lge before he signed for Spurs then again Gomez was Germanys player of the year.

Only goes to show you have to watch a player more than 40mins to make a judgement-Gomis?

I'm just pulling your leg, at times it reads like you'd only be satisfied with the best players in Europe.

I'm asking my club to better itself, if its massive jumps like Arshavin or smaller steps like Lennon i really don't mind as long as it happens.

I'd prefer the bigger names as it will attract better players, or the other way of doing things is to build a competitive squad which the Spuds did under M Jol and that in itself attracts.

We need a squad, maybe not a massive one like Spuds as we have no Europe, but to get Europe a one with good players pushing each other for places will do us just fine next season.

PS: I'd be satisfied with Barnes, so really that comment is a bit wrong imo.

Spuds ready to sell

Bent for £8m

Chimbonda for £2m

Lennon for £6m

Kaboul for £2m

Most players sold are cast-offs, just depends on the quality of the cast off.

All of the above for those prices would enhance our squad, some of them straight into the 1st team. I don't mind good business, and they would be good business.

Ramos thinks Kaboul may have moved into the Premiership too early but isn't writing him off.  He may still go to WBA on a season long loan, other clubs are also in the mix for a loan.

Of the others, Spurs won't sell Bent for £8m while Sunderland are in regular contact, Chimbonda may go for £4m, Lennon a bit more than £6m and Hudd may possibly go to Blackburn as part of a deal for Bentley, depends on who Ince actually wants to be added to his squad.

i'd like huddlestone / lennon, but i'd be worried if jenas has said anything to poison players against newcastle.

'Don't go, its like a goldfish bowl'

'Yeah whatever you twat'

i'd like huddlestone / lennon, but i'd be worried if jenas has said anything to poison players against newcastle.

'Don't go, its like a goldfish bowl'

'Yeah whatever you twat'

"and put your mobile phone away, it smells"

Guest Sniffer

Although I'm desperate for some signings, I'm not sure if I'd  be happier with Bent and Lennon signing or Southgate coming in with a triple swoop for Smith, Geremi and Viduka and us signing nobody.

I genuinely reckon that when we make our first signing, it'll be done instantly. Announced totally out of the blue, if you know what i mean. And it'll be comments along the lines of "... didn't see that coming..." in the respective thread. That was the case towards the back end of the transfer window last summer, with this board.

Beye and Faye were both announced at once, after it had shut. Enrique was like "wtf?" - really sudden transfer. And Caçapa was much the same. A story came out that we'd got an experienced defender on the free, but again it was pretty much all of a sudden.

It's the way it seems to work with our board now.

Guest 22bnw

Duff came out of nowhere

I refreshed NUFC.co.uk and it was there...I even emailed SSN because I felt so cool...