Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Would you consider Lennon a realistic target and would you want him if he was?

Realistic yes. Depends who the alternatives are though for whether I'd want him. I don't think he's a great deal more than Milner with pace.

£7m for Milner, £5m for Lennon then I'd take it (assuming similar wages etc).

Lennons pace gives us a better option than Milner if we want to vary 4-3-3 and 4-4-2.

Also remember when Gillespie first signed he was all pace a varied end product. Only really kicked on after the summer. I know Lennon is a bit older, but given the right targets to aim for maybe...........

In that scenario then yes obviously I would too - it's an upgrade for less money.

My point was that if the choice is between Lennon and SWP, I'd want the latter as it's more of an upgrade IMO. If SWP is available, I'd be disappointed if we went for Lennon.

Realistic yes. Depends who the alternatives are though for whether I'd want him. I don't think he's a great deal more than Milner with pace.

Lennons pace gives us a better option than Milner if we want to vary 4-3-3 and 4-4-2.

Also remember when Gillespie first signed he was all pace a varied end product. Only really kicked on after the summer. I know Lennon is a bit older, but given the right targets to aim for maybe...........

In that scenario then yes obviously I would too - it's an upgrade for less money.

My point was that if the choice is between Lennon and SWP, I'd want the latter as it's more of an upgrade IMO. If SWP is available, I'd be disappointed if we went for Lennon.

Agreed, I'd happily pay £12-£15m for SWP if Milner was going for £7-£9m

Agreed, I'd happily pay £12-£15m for SWP if Milner was going for £7-£9m

Having said that, I hear BWP may be offloaded from Soton. At the price I've heard he'd be a steal

Can't argue with that at all, I think SWP is a vastly superior player who has suffered from lack of playing time.

A relative of Robert Segal (Bentley's agent) is saying that Bentley wants back to London and would be happy at Spurs (though I guess he would be happier at Chelsea).  Blackburn are said to be wanting £18m which is £5m more than Spurs want to pay.  I believe Spurs would be wanting around £10m for Lennon but he won't be moving until there is a replacement in, whether that be Bentley or someone else.

Guest MaetihS

Christ if Villa are a nothing club then what are we?

Shiteam is that you ??

Remind me who has finished above us over the past two seasons? Oh yeah, villa!

A Whole two seasons ! Fantastic !

Villa have a far more promising future than us.

Do they s****.

Right now they do.

They have the much better squad, a stable manager, are in momentum and regaining lost respect in the footballing world.

And about to lose their best player.

And? Villa will still finish ahead of us without Barry and be near £20m richer or have Bentley and Sidwell and take another leap away from us.

no matter how realistic i am, why would Bentley join Villa from Blackburn?? about the same standard.

Europe? Or the choice between Sam/McClown and O'Neill

ok a long time since i am positive. i say we are in for a shout if Bentley considers Villa. no harm trying.

First attempt and I think I've broken him!

Then again....i think u are right. we cannot compete with the likes of Villas cos they have Europe ,,,,,,,

Na you have not broken me yet and

NA number 2: i do honestly think we can compete with Villa for signings. Its not like they are the top4, Spurs, Everton,

newcastle utd is linked with galatasarays and turkish national teams central defender servet cetin for 3 million euros..

Can't argue with that at all, I think SWP is a vastly superior player who has suffered from lack of playing time.

A relative of Robert Segal (Bentley's agent) is saying that Bentley wants back to London and would be happy at Spurs (though I guess he would be happier at Chelsea).  Blackburn are said to be wanting £18m which is £5m more than Spurs want to pay.  I believe Spurs would be wanting around £10m for Lennon but he won't be moving until there is a replacement in, whether that be Bentley or someone else.

You've really outdone yourself this time.

Stephen Segal, Spurs ITK.

Whatever next?