Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

I'd love to see Bendtner on loan but I'm not sure whether that's a realistic possibility. Less pie-in-the-sky than some, though.

I'd love to see Bendtner on loan but I'm not sure whether that's a realistic possibility. Less pie-in-the-sky than some, though.

If it was with a view to a permanent transfer (ie not just a Rossi-style 'get some experience there' affair) I think that'd be a pretty astute move.

Guest GeordieAce

Skysports is reporting that were interested in Badr El-Kaddouri of Dynamo Kiev. Anyone ever heard of him?

Off topic, but Ikon, your avatar is hilarious.  :thup:

hehe i had to kill some time while waiting for some breaking news about possible transfers (Colo) But i guess that could take some time...

One player that i would of liked us to look at was Sunday who's now with Osasuna on loan from Valencia...

Guest NorwegianMag

Luisao is a very good player. Would I've been more than delighted if we signed him! A real beast!

When it come to the creative midfielder that we need, I think Diego is a good bet.  Not mentioned these day, but a truly great player. I don't know what the price would've been, but for a price around 15mill £ would have been great considering the talent and the age.

Guest elbee909

Luisao is a very good player. Would I've been more than delighted if we signed him! A real beast!

When it come to the creative midfielder that we need, I think Diego is a good bet.  Not mentioned these day, but a truly great player. I don't know what the price would've been, but for a price around 15mill £ would have been great considering the talent and the age.

I don't think it's the price, just that he's going to move to a more upper tier club than us at this point in time.  I'd love to be proved wrong though.

http://www.diariodesevilla.es/article/deportes/191731/nikola/franco/insiste/con/bougherra.html

Nice quote from Bougherra of Charlton's agent. Basically saying if Real Betis don't offer more money, they'll go back to the offer from Newcastle. :lol:

Agents love to pretend Newcastle want there players don't they.. its so easy for them now that nobody inside the club is confirming or denying any transfer rumours.

http://www.diariodesevilla.es/article/deportes/191731/nikola/franco/insiste/con/bougherra.html

Nice quote from Bougherra of Charlton's agent. Basically saying if Real Betis don't offer more money, they'll go back to the offer from Newcastle. :lol:

This is the same idiot who went to Charlton instead of us last year because Moyes said he'd have to play as a defensive midfielder during the season. :lol:

Given the relative silence over a creative central midfield player & a target man I'm hoping we have offers on the table for the one's we want. KK can't be serious about being content with what he has got. Barton will not start the season & a pairing of any of Butt, Guthrie, Geremi/ Milner/ Zog/ Faye/ Smith would get circles run round it.

Meanwhile up top Viduka & Owen are/ have had knocks & Oba's pre-season has been stopped. I'll not mention Smith or Ameobi; but just now one of them could be looking at a starting place. Carroll is still not ready. Look at our lack of goals from our front players in the pre-season games to date. It is clear that we need to strengthen.

I'd still take Heskey (especially over Baptista) if our main targets fall through. Bellamy has been mentioned in other posts; he did fantastic for us but he is a little twat & he needs to play off a bigger man. He's not what we need; even if Martins left Owen would get in ahead of him.

Given the relative silence over a creative central midfield player & a target man I'm hoping we have offers on the table for the one's we want. KK can't be serious about being content with what he has got. Barton will not start the season & a pairing of any of Butt, Guthrie, Geremi/ Milner/ Zog/ Faye/ Smith would get circles run round it.

Meanwhile up top Viduka & Owen are/ have had knocks & Oba's pre-season has been stopped. I'll not mention Smith or Ameobi; but just now one of them could be looking at a starting place. Carroll is still not ready. Look at our lack of goals from our front players in the pre-season games to date. It is clear that we need to strengthen.

I'd still take Heskey (especially over Baptista) if our main targets fall through. Bellamy has been mentioned in other posts; he did fantastic for us but he is a little t*** & he needs to play off a bigger man. He's not what we need; even if Martins left Owen would get in ahead of him.

Heskey over Baptista? Sigh

For the money yes. He's played with Owen before, is unselfish & has years of PL experience. Baptista would cost perhaps x 5, double/ treble wages & hasn't cut it with RM or Arsenal. I really could not see him being a success here.

For the money yes. He's played with Owen before, is unselfish & has years of PL experience. Baptista would cost perhaps x 5, double/ treble wages & hasn't cut it with RM or Arsenal. I really could not see him being a success here.

Heskey is 30 whilst Baptista is 26. At least if Baptista flopped he`d have a bit of sell on value

What the hell happened to Arda Turan?

my guess he and his club are sitting tight on a few bids waiting to see up anyone ups the anti before the deadline (same goes for a fair few players round europe).

IMO things are only just starting to maove on the transfer front......will we be much involved ?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Inler keen on Gunners move      4thegame

Friday 01 Aug 2008

The agent of Udinese midfielder Gokhan Inler claims he is set to fly to England to open talks over a move for his client to Arsenal.

The 24-year-old Switzerland international has been linked with the Gunners for several weeks and his representative, Dino Lamberti, hopes to be able to make a move to the Emirates Stadium become a reality.

He told the Swiss media: "I'm due to go to London and take a look over everything, but no deal has been done yet with Arsenal.

"It is difficult for us to take a decision, but Arsenal is certainly something that Gokhan needs to look at. Arsene Wenger is someone who helps young players move forward."

Inler was part of the co-hosts' squad for the European Championship finals this summer, starting all three of Switzerland's group games.

He started his career in Turkey with Fenerbahce, before to Switzerland to link up with FC Aarau and FC Zurich.

Inler moved to Italy at the beginning of last season and was a regular for Udine as they finished seventh in the table to qualify for the UEFA Cup.