Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

This is from July 3rd.

“Udinese Calcio kann aufatmen: Gökhan Inler dürfte trotz den diversen Top-Angeboten im Friaul bleiben. Gökhan Inler wird voraussichtlich auch nächste Saison noch bei Udinese Calcio für Gaudi. «Ich gehe für zehn Tage ans Meer und konzentriere mich auf meine Ferien», scherzte Inler gestern. Und während der Shootingstar die Sonne geniesst, werden sich verschiedene europäische Top-Klubs die Finger wund wählen.

Inler-Berater Dino Lamberti verrät: «Bis anhin sind über 20 Anfragen und Angebote für Gögi eingegangen.» Schon vor einem Jahr war Inler von diversen Grossklubs geködert worden. Und jetzt als Fixstarter in der Serie A und nach beeindruckenden Leistungen an der Euro locken klingende Namen wie Arsenal, Liverpool, Sevilla und Fenerbahçe und auch das grosse Geld von Schachtjor Donezk aus der Ukraine. Am intensivsten buhlte Newcastle United um die Dienste des Schweizer Internationalen, zumindest bis gestern. «Ich habe aber den Engländern definitiv abgesagt», betont Lamberti.

Das Interesse an Inler ist gewaltig, doch der 24-Jährige bleibt seinem Charakter entsprechend bescheiden: «Die vielen Angebote ehren mich natürlich, aber mir gefällt es sehr gut in Udine.»

Lamberti unterstreicht: «Gögi hat in Udine einen riesigen Stellenwert, und Trainer Pasquale Marino setzt voll auf ihn. Es geht ihm super.» Die Friauler dürfen aufatmen – Inler wird ihnen wohl für ein weiteres Jahr erhalten bleiben. Denn die Verantwortlichen von Udinese Calcio sind bereit, seinen Vertrag dem Marktwert anzupassen. «Gögi will seine tolle Saison in der Serie A bestätigen», erzählt Lamberti. «Der Teamgeist bei Udine ist einfach super», schwärmt der Vielumworbene selber.”

here is the Translation:

Gökhan Inler said he’ll probybly still be at udinesse next season. He wants to concentrate on his holidays, while Inlers Agent Dino Lamberti said there have been more than 20 enquiries and offers for Gögi. Apparently top clubs such as Arsenal, Liverpool, Sevilla, Fenerbahçe and the Ukranian club Shaktar Donezk.

The most serious and intense offer for the Swiss international though came from Newcastle United. „But i’ve defnitely turned down the english offer“ his Agent Lamberti clarified.

Lamberti underlines the importance of Gokhan Inler to the Italian side and how much their coach Pasquale Marino rates him. So the Udinesse fans can breath a sigh of relief, as it seems that he’ll stay for another year, as those responsible at Udinesse Calcio are going to offer him a new contract to match the current market value. „Gögi wants to certify his fantastic season in the Serie A“ Lamberti added. „The Teamgeist here in Udine is simply brilliant „ the much sought after player himself said.

All the talk about getting another left back in but we're just as desperate for cover at right back tbh.

Geremi, Taylor or Edgar? :jesuswept:

Can Colo cover there?

Providing me sign him?

Would be such a waste.

All the talk about getting another left back in but we're just as desperate for cover at right back tbh.

Can Colo cover there?

Providing me sign him?

Would be such a waste.

Aye but i think KK would settle for that

Stephen Carr is available?

They're fine as back up.

Are they?

If Beye was to get injured and be out for a few months would people be happy with one of these playing there every week?

They're fine as back up.

Are they?

If Beye was to get injured and be out for a few months would people be happy with one of these playing there every week?

Course I wouldn't be happy, but I wouldn't be happy if Zog got injured and we had to play Duff, Viduka got injured and we had to play Smith etc There's more positions to look at first imo.

I'd rather not spend £9 million on a centre back and have him cover right back, you need 2 players for every position.

Agree with this, especially with matchday squads going up to 18 this season, although it's bloody hard for a club in our position to have that kind of competition.

We could still do with a proper LB and a RB incoming, although I can't really see it happening, would only expect the former.

There's still a few deals to be concluded, I'd say.

Just catching up with the videos on NUFC.co.uk and Keegan talks about "3 or 4 squad players" to support "3 main signings" being what we need to have a decent allocation to choose from.

You'd assume Gutierrez and Coloccini (trying my best not to curse this one) would be two of the three "main" ones and that Guthrie and Bassong would be two of the three/four squad signings.

Left-back and a striker on top of that, you'd expect, maybe a central midfielder as well.

There's still a few deals to be concluded, I'd say.

Just catching up with the videos on NUFC.co.uk and Keegan talks about "3 or 4 squad players" to support "3 main signings" being what we need to have a decent allocation to choose from.

You'd assume Gutierrez and Coloccini (trying my best not to curse this one) would be two of the three "main" ones and that Guthrie and Bassong would be two of the three/four squad signings.

Left-back and a striker on top of that, you'd expect, maybe a central midfielder as well.

Isn't Bassong an able deputy as a left back?

If so then it would be stupid to go out and buy warnock/shorey etc

I would settle for Baptista to kill two birds with one stone in AM and CF, if we are in for him and he wants to come. I think he can add alot to the team. If the market isnt going in our favour and players arent sold on us yet Baptista would be a decent stop gap.

A left back is still a must, but its nice to have Bassong in to cover if we really need.

Ideally of course I'd love a LB, AM and CF, but we shall see what happens.