Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

A Milner/Lennon hybrid would be an immense player.

In fact just give Milner Lennon's pace.

He's called Bentley

Bentley isn't that fast. Excellent player but not because he's got blinding pace.

And Lennon really isn't an appreciably better player than Milner at the moment. Certainly has more potential though.

A Milner/Lennon hybrid would be an immense player.

In fact just give Milner Lennon's pace.

He's called Bentley

Bentley isn't that fast. Excellent player but not because he's got blinding pace.

And Lennon really isn't an appreciably better player than Milner at the moment. Certainly has more potential though.

Bentley looks quite slow to me for a winger, although his use of the ball is faultless.

Guest ObaStar

what about harry kewell, out of contract in the summer.

seems to tick all the boxes for a newcastle player:

• From one of the "big four"

• Over the hill, past his prime

• Injury Plagued

Watched the HSV - Leverkusen game midweek and aside from Van Der Vaart who'd never move here i thought Pablo Guererro (striker) looked good: quick, good feet, 6ft plus. Also midfielder Guy Demel who looked like a poorer version of Michael Essien

Watched the HSV - Leverkusen game midweek and aside from Van Der Vaart who'd never move here i thought Pablo Guererro (striker) looked good: quick, good feet, 6ft plus. Also midfielder Guy Demel who looked like a poorer version of Michael Essien

you mean paolo guerrero. i mentioned him earlier in the thread, would love him here, bit of a mix between santa cruz and berbatov. another player i mention Pjanic from metz was linked with arsenal and real madrid in the papers today so that one might be dead in the water.

you mean paolo guerrero. i mentioned him earlier in the thread, would love him here, bit of a mix between santa cruz and berbatov. another player i mention Pjanic from metz was linked with arsenal and real madrid in the papers today so that one might be dead in the water.

aye close enough. Yeah he reminded me a bit of Santa Cruz but that might just be the Bayern connection.

Guest LucaAltieri

Paulo Ferreira might be worth a punt.

He's been mentioned a few times but I'd like to see us go after Pasquale Foggia, too. Highly rated in Italy at the moment so might cost a wedge to get him from Lazio.

Also think Alexei Eremenko Jr. would be worth a go as a cheap option. Young, forward-thinking midfielder. Finnish international. Good with set pieces.

Scott Sinclair.

I reckon he's someone we could get regardless of whether we go up or down, as long as we are willing to pay for him.

Chelsea seem possessive of their young players, but lets face it - a manager would never dare pick him for as long as he has several proven strikers at his disposal.

He's a bit like Dyer, but with more end product - something we need. At 16 he was one of the best players in the Championship, and his general play is already better than Obafemi Martins.

Scott Sinclair.

I reckon he's someone we could get regardless of whether we go up or down, as long as we are willing to pay for him.

Chelsea seem possessive of their young players, but lets face it - a manager would never dare pick him for as long as he has several proven strikers at his disposal.

He's a bit like Dyer, but with more end product - something we need. At 16 he was one of the best players in the Championship, and his general play is already better than Obafemi Martins.

Nothing worse than someone making out a young player is better than he actually is.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

ok i know it's been said a million times, but seriously ashley:

give diego all the money he wants and get him here pls.

Scott Sinclair.

Nothing worse than someone making out a young player is better than he actually is.

I've seen him play live as a sixteen year old, saw Walcott at around about the same time. Thought Sinclair was better. His running on the ball and movement scared people, he seemed instinctively more inteligent than many quick strikers we see in the Premier League.

Anal Oliver reckons Vetere and co have been watching Luis Fabiano, Sevilles Brazilian striker. Don;t know much about him myself..

always looked canny when i've seen him, he seems to know where the net is

Scott Sinclair.

Scott Sinclair is a very talented youngster.  Don't believe James is making him out to be better than he is at all.

Scott Sinclair.

I've seen him play live as a sixteen year old, saw Walcott at around about the same time. Thought Sinclair was better. His running on the ball and movement scared people, he seemed instinctively more inteligent than many quick strikers we see in the Premier League.

I've seen him too and you're making him out to be far better than he is, he's a decent prospect who will be 19 in a few weeks and has done nothing to suggest he's good enough to start in the Premiership every week.

Who did he play for in the Championship for when he was 16?

Not saying he should start, but should be allowed to develop from the bench - unless we get relegated, in which case we should pull out all the stops to sign him and build a team around him.