Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Guest elbee909

Had a thought about Huddlestone.  He's always been someone I've rated

Ah you see, there's your immediate problem.  You have a faulty grasp on reality. ;)

Guest hikickry

Had a thought about Huddlestone.  He's always been someone I've rated

Ah you see, there's your immediate problem.  You have a faulty grasp on reality. ;)

yep, the spurs fans dont seem to rate him much on their forums, not intelligent enough in his play.

Cologne are confident Lukas Podolski will return to the club amid reports he is again unsettled at Bayern Munich after losing his place to Luca Toni.

The Germany striker considered leaving Bayern this summer, but new boss Jurgen Klinsmann was able to persuade the forward that he had an important role to play this season and he agreed to stay.

However, after scoring a penalty on the opening day, Podolski was left out in favour of Italy striker Toni and Miroslav Klose in the following game and, according to Bild, launched into a furious rant when approached by TV reporters.

And Cologne president Wolfgang Overath told the Welt on Sonntag: “I am completely sure that he will return to the club at some point.

“We will always fight for him and will try to bring him back – in each transfer window.”

17.08  According to reports in Norway, Blackburn Rovers and Newcastle United have made bids in the region of £6million for Rosenborg midfielder Per Ciljan Skjelbred. The Norwegian club are set to decide on the offers at a board meeting, with Tottenham and Portsmouth also linked with Skjelbred.

17.08  According to reports in Norway, Blackburn Rovers and Newcastle United have made bids in the region of £6million for Rosenborg midfielder Per Ciljan Skjelbred. The Norwegian club are set to decide on the offers at a board meeting, with Tottenham and Portsmouth also linked with Skjelbred.

Is this the lad who signed a new contract about a month or so ago?

:snod:

Yep, though if I remember correctly his agent said it wouldn't put off the clubs chasing him, just perhaps rise the club's asking value. Which, if this is true, it obviously has as we were linked back in July planning on doing a £4 Million bid or something. Don't remember all of it really.

Guest geordienorway

I find it strange that we are bidding for Skjelbred now and not 3 weeks ago. We will have to pay at least 2 million £ more now.

I do vaguely recall it being said that the player has a verbal agreement that he could move abroad when he wanted, and that the contract was merely to strengthen the club's financial position.