Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Bluffing I think to ty and get Zenit to lower their price.

Sell Milner and put the money towards this lad, having him and Jonas down the wings would be awesome. O0

i said a few weeks ago i wouldnt want him for that price, but if we have the money and we have a chance then it would actaully be amazing. Him linking up with Jonas, Martins Owen could be lethal.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Spurs lose and panic..........no problem. They will flatter to deceive and be too lightweight. Wish we'd signed Modric though.

17mil or whatever would have been a huge gamble. He is very lightweight, good on the ball but he dosnt have any 'effective' qualities, eg explosive shot ala Lamps,scholes, able to drive through a back line ala gerrard, strong in the tackle ala batty, keane. I know i will get shot down for this but i think Guthrie will do the same job for us as Modric will for Spurs from what i have seen.

We need a midfielder with an 'effective', 'special' quality as i have mentioned above to go along with Barton/Guthrie/ Butt ?. They are few and far between, but they would make a huge difference to us

Agree he would have been a gamble but there's not many with an eye for the special pass that he has at his age. Arshavin is more of a gamble because of his age and I'm not sure he can play with Modric. Thought Guthrie was great today and won't be disappointed with another CM who can hold and still pass like Tiago/Alonso. Still think Modric instead of Duff today would have been killer.

Apparently corporate fans were given decent spiel by 'Iron` Mike Ashley. Our supremo told the corporate that they should expect a 'wow signing` imminently. The Telegraph believes it to be another Argentinian, Javier Saviola. Upon hearing the news KK quipped:

"I can`t wait to call him to hear who the 'wow` signing is. It`s a shame he told the corporate fans before me. Dennis Wise, Mike Ashley and Tony Jimenez know we need three more players. We are working really well to get some quality signings in. Over the past few years, Newcastle have got some players in who haven`t been good enough, for whatever reason.

If Dennis gets me three more like that! Gutierrez was terrific. Coloccini has had one training session yet he showed his class. I had young Danny Guthrie as my man of the match. He could prove to be as good as the other two, who are both internationals.

I`ve told Steven Taylor he can learn from Fabricio. I told him if he learns, he can take the step up. Steven is in the Under-21s now and can step up again to where Fabricio is - a full international. They could be our partnership for the next five years.``

http://www.newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=120755

Apparently corporate fans were given decent spiel by 'Iron` Mike Ashley. Our supremo told the corporate that they should expect a 'wow signing` imminently. The Telegraph believes it to be another Argentinian, Javier Saviola. Upon hearing the news KK quipped:

"I can`t wait to call him to hear who the 'wow` signing is. It`s a shame he told the corporate fans before me. Dennis Wise, Mike Ashley and Tony Jimenez know we need three more players. We are working really well to get some quality signings in. Over the past few years, Newcastle have got some players in who haven`t been good enough, for whatever reason.

If Dennis gets me three more like that! Gutierrez was terrific. Coloccini has had one training session yet he showed his class. I had young Danny Guthrie as my man of the match. He could prove to be as good as the other two, who are both internationals.

I`ve told Steven Taylor he can learn from Fabricio. I told him if he learns, he can take the step up. Steven is in the Under-21s now and can step up again to where Fabricio is - a full international. They could be our partnership for the next five years.``

Keegan hinting that he won't be buying another centre back?

Keegan hinting that he won't be buying another centre back?

Faye leaving is a ballache but i don't think it's essential that we bring someone else in. We've got decent cover and i don't mind Taylor, can be a liability at times but there's still plenty of time to improve, plus he's alright anyway. Looks good with good partners. The two played well together today anyway.

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

Or Yuri Zhirkov, its been pretty quiet regarding these two. Which i find surprising.

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

Should of kept hold of Emre, then sold him after he convinced him to come here. :lol:

Lucho González is a player i would love to see at our club and who i think would be the perfect player atm for us.

Hard working, great passer, good shot, pretty tall, versatile. What more could we ask for?

Maybe not realistic though. But im sure it wouldn't be IMPOSSIBLE..

Lucho González is a player i would love to see at our club and who i think would be the perfect player atm for us.

Hard working, great passer, good shot, pretty tall, versatile. What more could we ask for?

I think he's brilliant, but don't you think we need someone who's capable of breaking into the opposition half and making things happen from there? Lucho is a technical player who likes to keep possession, a little in the Carrick mould.

I think he's brilliant, but don't you think we need someone who's capable of breaking into the opposition half and making things happen from there? Lucho is a technical player who likes to keep possession, a little in the Carrick mould.

Yeah maybe. I guess i just like Argentina a little bit too much atm ;)

Guest optimistic nit

Arshavin pissed about and now he can rot in russia for all i or the premiership cares.

dont want him here.

Guest Heneage

I agree to an extent with your analysis but I still feel he could break forward, as he tends to net for Porto and at least create.