Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Tiago to Everton, Juve go in for Alonso and Liverpool finally gets Barry?

I think the Barry thing is buggered now. If they weren't willing to match the fee before, why will they now he's cup-tied?

Not that arsed about Tiago. Would have been a good addition in a needed area but i believe there are better players out there for us.

Have to say i'd have liked him only on loan but I think Saviola is the better prospect, Can play as striker or attacking midfield.

We'd only really need a powerhouse in a holding midfield role and a left back.

Ideal situation is Saviola, Attacking midfielder, Holding Midfielder and left back but a bit of a big ask in 2 weeks unless the deals have been worked on for sometime.

When it comes to centre midfielders, we need someone with a "quality" that they can bring to the side. Now i know that sounds obvious but what i mean is, we need someone who can bring a more specfic attribute.

For example, if we brought in Tim Cahill we know he would get beyond the strikers and grab us a few goals from midfield or if we got Diarra we know he would dominate the midfield and win the ball. Although, Tiago is decent on the ball i feel right now we need a player that adds something special to our midfield.

Highly-rated Sparta Prague defender Michal Kadlec looks set to spurn any interest from England to move to Germany.

The left-sided defender, who almost joined Celtic a couple of seasons ago, is attracting strong interest from a host of clubs - one of which is reported to be Newcastle, who are in the market for a left-back.

However, Kadlec - the son of Czech legend Miroslav, is keen to follow in his father's footsteps, as he spent eight seasons in the Bundesliga with Kaiserslautern.

Hamburg, Borussia Dortmund and Bayer Leverkusen are all to be interested in taking him to Germany.

As well as German and English interest, Real Betis and Lyon have also enquired about him - but Kadlec seems intent on his future.

"I don't want to be more specific, but everyone who knows me well knows that I would like to play in Germany," he told Denik Sport.

"Either Leverkusen or Hamburg or Dortmund, with all those the negotiations are only at the beginning. I stay in touch with my agent Pavel Zika who told me that we would sit down and discuss my future during the international week."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_4011026,00.html

Guest mackas86

not sure on his situation but we should have gone for orlando engelaar, looked powerful and commanding at euros, good height and decent age  :joker:

De La Red should be available as soon as Gago returns to Real Madrid after the Olympics. He could be a great option for our DM position.

Wouldn't be surprised if we are waiting to make a move tbh.

De La Red should be available as soon as Gago returns to Real Madrid after the Olympics. He could be a great option for our DM position.

Would love to sign him

Would love to sign him

He is quality, could be much more than just a defensive midfielder, good going forward too.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Not sure where D'allessandro is playing nowadays but I think he'd be quite a good, creative player for us.

i think he signed for some team in brazil a couple of months back, just missed the boat on him i think. doh! good player though

one of the most over rated players I've seen. Made Robert look as consistent as Baresi.

Highly-rated Sparta Prague defender Michal Kadlec looks set to spurn any interest from England to move to Germany.

The left-sided defender, who almost joined Celtic a couple of seasons ago, is attracting strong interest from a host of clubs - one of which is reported to be Newcastle, who are in the market for a left-back.

However, Kadlec - the son of Czech legend Miroslav, is keen to follow in his father's footsteps, as he spent eight seasons in the Bundesliga with Kaiserslautern.

Hamburg, Borussia Dortmund and Bayer Leverkusen are all to be interested in taking him to Germany.

As well as German and English interest, Real Betis and Lyon have also enquired about him - but Kadlec seems intent on his future.

"I don't want to be more specific, but everyone who knows me well knows that I would like to play in Germany," he told Denik Sport.

"Either Leverkusen or Hamburg or Dortmund, with all those the negotiations are only at the beginning. I stay in touch with my agent Pavel Zika who told me that we would sit down and discuss my future during the international week."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_4011026,00.html

Gone to Leverkusen.

Not that arsed about Tiago. Would have been a good addition in a needed area but i believe there are better players out there for us.

Have to say i'd have liked him only on loan but I think Saviola is the better prospect, Can play as striker or attacking midfield.

Ideal situation is Saviola, Attacking midfielder, Holding Midfielder and left back but a bit of a big ask in 2 weeks unless the deals have been worked on for sometime.

When it comes to centre midfielders, we need someone with a "quality" that they can bring to the side. Now i know that sounds obvious but what i mean is, we need someone who can bring a more specfic attribute.

For example, if we brought in Tim Cahill we know he would get beyond the strikers and grab us a few goals from midfield or if we got Diarra we know he would dominate the midfield and win the ball. Although, Tiago is decent on the ball i feel right now we need a player that adds something special to our midfield.

Frings would do it especially if the purse strings have been loosened.

Too old, he's 32 in three months time.

Guest elbee909

Too old, he's 32 in three months time.

Perhaps, but what I don't understand is how the top teams can get these players in, who aren't young but are still quality, but we apparently shouldn't.  I think sometimes an exception can be made if a player is still at the top of their game and would improve things, even for just a couple of seasons.  We're still painfully short in the centre too.

Guest elbee909

Which top teams buy 32 year olds for big money though?

Maybe not big money, but reasonable money for what they'd bring.  Inter, Real, they've done it.

Guest elbee909

The person I replied to seemed to indicate we'd need to pay big money for Frings.

Who let Frings' agent on here?

The person I replied to seemed to indicate we'd need to pay big money for Frings.

Who let Frings' agent on here?

Didn't say he was right, just that my reply was to the suggestion of buying Frings for big money, not buying him full stop..