Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Anybody who thinks Zarate is "class" and worth anything over £4-5m has been watching too much MOTD. Watch him through a match and you'll see he is extremely greedy and actually no better than average. Apart from his goal he did fuck all for Birmingham at Reading on Saturday.

alberto gilardino.... seems his days at milan is finish... i think he is type of player would suited to premiership... he's bloody cheap though because milan want to get rid of him...

FMtastic. Have you seen Gilardinho play? What makes you think at all he'd be suited to the Premiership. He gets pushed about and doesn't like a kicking from the Italian defenders, god knows what he'd be like if he had to play against teams like Bolton or Blackburn every week.

Anybody who thinks Zarate is "class" and worth anything over £4-5m has been watching too much MOTD. Watch him through a match and you'll see he is extremely greedy and actually no better than average. Apart from his goal he did f*** all for Birmingham at Reading on Saturday.

agreed! he didn't do anything against us

Guest Phil K

Kenwynne Jones is not realistic. I think Niall Quinn would rather eat s*** than sell him to Newcastle.

I would find that acceptable.

As long as it's filmed and put on the net, me too.

I'm sure he'd share with Roy, too.....

alberto gilardino.... seems his days at milan is finish... i think he is type of player would suited to premiership... he's bloody cheap though because milan want to get rid of him...

FMtastic. Have you seen Gilardinho play? What makes you think at all he'd be suited to the Premiership. He gets pushed about and doesn't like a kicking from the Italian defenders, god knows what he'd be like if he had to play against teams like Bolton or Blackburn every week.

I know he's cack right now.... have you seen him on Parma shirt though? worth a punt... i'd say

Yossi Benayoun? Not sure how happy he is sitting on Liverpools bench and whether he`d come to us? could do with some creativity obviously

or D`allesandro? On loan at River Plate at the moment after falling out with Zaragoza`s coach. We could get him on the cheap ala Ginola (like when he was at PSG). I know he`s left sided but Duff and NZogbia`s futures have been put into question lately

Yossi Benayoun? Not sure how happy he is sitting on Liverpools bench and whether he`d come to us? could do with some creativity obviously

or D`allesandro? On loan at River Plate at the moment after falling out with Zaragoza`s coach. We could get him on the cheap ala Ginola (like when he was at PSG). I know he`s left sided but Duff and NZogbia`s futures have been put into question lately

do you really think liverpool are going to get rid of both kewell and benayoun ?

Anybody who thinks Zarate is "class" and worth anything over £4-5m has been watching too much MOTD. Watch him through a match and you'll see he is extremely greedy and actually no better than average. Apart from his goal he did f*** all for Birmingham at Reading on Saturday.

Zarate is 21, has come from the Qatar League and has only had a couple of starts for Birmingham. He's nowhere near adjusted to the pace, style and physicality of the Premier League yet. Anyone who has written the guy off already is just being stupid.

Tevez was rubbish for about 6 months when he started playing in the Premier League, and i'm sure plenty of people wrote him off then, but look at the fella now.

I've been impressed with what i've seen of Zarate so far and i reckon he'll make a major impact in this league in the future (if he stays)

What about Lorik Cana of Marseille?

Seems to know how to pass and head balls well and runs around a lot.

Think he is being tracked by some big clubs, also Marseille are in 4th place at the moment and could be playing in the Champions league next season (need to win up a 6 point lead that Nancy has on them though). Doubt that we would be able to attract him here.

Zarate is 21, has come from the Qatar League and has only had a couple of starts for Birmingham. He's nowhere near adjusted to the pace, style and physicality of the Premier League yet. Anyone who has written the guy off already is just being stupid.

Tevez was rubbish for about 6 months when he started playing in the Premier League, and i'm sure plenty of people wrote him off then, but look at the fella now.

I've been impressed with what i've seen of Zarate so far and i reckon he'll make a major impact in this league in the future (if he stays)

he looked a class act when he played for Velez Sarsfield in the Argie league and I reckon given time he`ll be a top class player in the future. The lads only just turned 21

Cameron Jerome has potential, and if we are looking for a powerful striker could be an option. Still young too.

Jorge Vadivia is bound to go to a big club, but we would be stupid not to look at him. A creative goalscoring midfielder, Chile international.

Cameron Jerome has potential, and if we are looking for a powerful striker could be an option. Still young too.

Jorge Vadivia is bound to go to a big club, but we would be stupid not to look at him. A creative goalscoring midfielder, Chile international.

Jerome is awful

Guest wheatley74

newcastle utd to buy for next season -  goalkeeper - cudincni. right back - glen johnson. left back - john arnne riisse. defenders - sendoros, dunne, brown. midfield -  huddlestone, scholes. right midfield - bentley. left midfield -  downing. forwards - ashton.

get rid of - harper, carr, cascapa, geremi, butt, duff, viduka, ameobi.

toon starting eleven - 2008/2009 (with covers)

1. cudincini/given

2 glen johnson/h beye/brown

3 j riise/enrique

4.dunne/brown

5 sendoros/taylor

6. huddlestone/butt

7.milner/bentley

8.emre/scholes

9.owen/carroll

10.ashton/martins

11.nzogbia/downing