Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

What about Zarate on loan at Birmingham? watched played yesterday albeit only 20mins but he scored a terrific goal and looked very good I feel he would be the one for the future even if his club want silly money.

Guest Roland

Whats this Boussaffa kid like?

Dutch left footed playmaker. Good technical and passing skills.

Played in the Ajax youth and left after a conflict with the club. Plays for Anderlecht for a couple of years now.

Guest elpapi

right footed by the way, playing on the left for some reason

also played for chelsea reserves before coming to belgium

a bit light for this league i think, about as big as zola but less gifted...

staying put anyway

What about Zarate on loan at Birmingham? watched played yesterday albeit only 20mins but he scored a terrific goal and looked very good I feel he would be the one for the future even if his club want silly money.

He is looking very good atm, not sure if we will make a move though. I dont think he falls into the category as one for the future as looking from afar it looks like he can do the business now.

not sure how much of you watch La Liga but what about Juan Arango? Brilliant little playmaker that doesn`t get the recognition he deserves because he`s from one of the lesser known South American countries.

Carlos Martins is also another one, attacking midfielder.....been one of the steals of the season in La Liga for Recreativo Huelva. Attacking midfielder also that was a product of the Sporting Lisbon system but fell out with their coach.

In Serie A there`s a nifty Peruvian player called Juan Vargas (Catania) who can play anywhere on the left and defensive midfield. If we get rid of Zog it might be worth a look as he can cover at left back/left midfield

I think the likes of Arango are more realistic than some of the names being bandied about like Ronaldinho  :idiot2:

What about Tiago?

Would people like to see him here?

which tiago? juve one? that one is s***... ranieri want to get rid of him soon

He`s been starting in recent games. He played particularly well last week for them....not sure how he played against Juve the other night. I reckon he`s a good player though and he did fine when he had his chances at Chelsea, infact Mourinho didnt want him to go but he wanted first team football. Brilliant at Lyon which got him his move to Juve....maybe it was the wrong move but he`s not s a bad player at all IMO

He is looking very good atm, not sure if we will make a move though. I dont think he falls into the category as one for the future as looking from afar it looks like he can do the business now.

What I meant by "one for the future" was!, yes he seems to able to to do the business now but I was more in thinking the guy can only get better and would be a great asset to the club.

We'd be wise to take a look at Zaragoza's squad, they're in the relegation zone and have some names. Ayala(albeit 34 years old, once of the best defenders of the past 10 years, a class act, but for all i know he might have lost it this season), Aimar, Milito, Zapater. Obviously some or all of these players aren't doing the job, but they would be worth a look. It's amazing that a a squad like Zaragoza's in in danger of being relegated.

We'd be wise to take a look at Zaragoza's squad, they're in the relegation zone and have some names. Ayala(albeit 34 years old, once of the best defenders of the past 10 years, a class act, but for all i know he might have lost it this season), Aimar, Milito, Zapater. Obviously some or all of these players aren't doing the job, but they would be worth a look. It's amazing that a a squad like Zaragoza's in in danger of being relegated.

That is a good shout :thup:

Not keen on Ayala though O0

Guest LUKASJJ

I have been watching some of the championship games recently. I saw Palace vs Stoke. I thought Palaces winger Victor Moses looked different class. I think he is only 17 but looks very good already. Might be worth a punt even if we buy him and loan him back to give him games.

I have been watching some of the championship games recently. I saw Palace vs Stoke. I thought Palaces winger Victor Moses looked different class. I think he is only 17 but looks very good already. Might be worth a punt even if we buy him and loan him back to give him games.

Chelsea and Barca amongst others tried previously to sign him, apparently he wants to continue his development at Palace.  When he does move on, I think it will be to a CL team with a fee to match.

EDIT: Still not admitting that your Emre/Parker argument doesn't stand up then?

No, I just thought your reasoning about that bit was s***. So I decided to ignore it.

So you honestly think this is exactly like when we signed Emre and Parker?

You're a nonce mate, and I can't be bothered debating with you anymore.

Face it, Shearergol.  You thought Tiago wouldn't come here because hes already rejected spurs and, in your opinion, you think Spurs are a more attractive club than Newcastle. So why would he want to sign for us? (Even though there isn't much between the 2 clubs)

Wellthats a load of bollocks, mate.

No, I just thought your reasoning about that bit was s***. So I decided to ignore it.

Face it, Shearergol.  You thought Tiago wouldn't come here because hes already rejected spurs and, in your opinion, you think Spurs are a more attractive club than Newcastle. So why would he want to sign for us? (Even though there isn't much between the 2 clubs)

It's been widely reported in the media that Tiago still wants to play CL football and not take a paycut (reputed to be on c £90k pw, a hangover from his Chelsea days).

Spurs fall down on both counts.

It's been widely reported in the media that Tiago still wants to play CL football and not take a paycut (reputed to be on c £90k pw, a hangover from his Chelsea days).

Vindicated tbh ;)

Vindicated tbh ;)

I'm a realist! :lol:

Also being reported on a few sites that Lennon may be on his way to SJP for a knockdown £4m.  Lennon may make the move but I can't see Levy selling anyone on the cheap tbh. 

James McFadden, anyone? I think Birmingham will go down, in which case he'll become available.

nah, no better than what we have imo, he's had a decent spell at brum since he went there tbf though

Santa Cruz would be a much better signing than Crouch. 39 games, 19 goals and 6 assists this season. He cost them 4 million or so? I reckon we could get him for 10-12m.

How old is he? McCarthy has always impressed me. I like Santa Cruz but feel we should look elsewhere.

Santa Cruz would be a much better signing than Crouch. 39 games, 19 goals and 6 assists this season. He cost them 4 million or so? I reckon we could get him for 10-12m.

How old is he? McCarthy has always impressed me. I like Santa Cruz but feel we should look elsewhere.

26 according to Wikipedia. So perfect age really. I see him as a perfect alternative to Viduka.