Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Guest Knightrider

I wouldn't know where to start with names, I do believe KK will indeed look to bring in just 4-5 players though, with maybe a couple of younger potentials both homegrown and foreign to bolster the squad and reserves added in.

For me he will look to sign 1 to 2 big names max, to set the place alight as he puts it, he'll then look to 2 at the max quality known quantities who will see us as a step up, players that the top 4 won't want but players that most certainly will be good enough for us, more than likely English players, then 1 to 2 at max lower league younger players with room for maybe 1 unknown foreign player.

He will concentrate 90% of his interests on the first-team I know that and will not be afraid to dip into the lower leagues to bring in another Guppy, Kitson etc.

He'll be looking for a CB, 3 midfielder (probably 2 wingers and a playmaker) and 1 forward for the first-team in my opinion.

It wouldn't surprise me if he planned a double swoop for Henry and Deco (dream players, 1 forward, 1 playmaker to set the place alight), Lennon and SWP and Richard Dunne. If not Dunne the Rangers centre-back and if not SWP, McGeady.

Squad players may come in the form of that Belgium player (unknown foreigner) we are being linked with and a few under 21 internationals from the lower leagues and Scotland. Players like that anyway.

He'll look to ship out only a select few, Emre, Shola, Carr and maybe the likes of Ramage, Cacapa and Carroll on loan.

KK would rather have quality than quantity and while a big squad is needed, he'll look to play a settled side every week and will believe his methods will keep the majority of them fit enough, so a big squad may not be as important or as essential to KK as it would be to how we look at things.

I expect an exciting summer myself and nothing would surprise me really.

Here's a bizarre link that won't have any substance.

Gattuso. I don't know the strange rules about linking on here so i'll just say it's on the channel 4 football italia site.

Press reports in Italy suggest that Milan could begin their summer clearout by sensationally selling Gennaro Gattuso.

The world champions(you what?!) have just five games left to save their season and secure Champions League football by clawing back fourth-placed Fiorentina’s four-point lead.

With the Rossoneri’s squad ageing, they are expected to make sweeping changes at the end of the campaign wherever they finish in the table and Gattuso, who has disappointed this term, could make way for new blood.

There have been suggestions that Bayern Munich could step in to sign the 30-year-old, who would link up with Azzurri teammate Luca Toni.

It has been reported that Premier League sides Tottenham and Newcastle and Scottish giants Rangers are keeping an eye on the Gattuso situation.

A move across the Channel doesn’t seem out of the question given that Rino spent the 1997-98 season with Rangers and has a Scottish wife.

out

Duff

Ramage

Carr

Ameobi

Emre

Well said, should get rid of all above mentioned. ;)

Must add Smith to that list, as long as some fucker will be daft enough to have him. Even as a 'back-up' player he's too much of a liablity, even coming on as sub. Get rid before his value declines after spending next season on the fucking bench

Guest DaN tHe MaN

Would anyone be against a bid for Tim Cahill? He would be just the player we need to slot into the center alongside a playmaker or a defensive mid.

Would anyone be against a bid for Tim Cahill? He would be just the player we need to slot into the center alongside a playmaker or a defensive mid.

only on the proviso he promises to stop being a diving,cheating,nipping,pulling hair,whiney bastard.

only on the proviso he promises to stop being a diving,cheating,nipping,pulling hair,whiney b******.

plus he wouldnt sign for us anyway

only on the proviso he promises to stop being a diving,cheating,nipping,pulling hair,whiney b******.

he would if we showed we were more ambitious than everton(of which there is a possibility). the top 4 are unlikely to want him.

personally though no.... i wouldnt sign him.

he would if we showed we were more ambitious than everton(of which there is a possibility). the top 4 are unlikely to want him.

Owen does the same job in any case, i.e. steal in to the penalty area late to score goals. Cahill and Lampard have been rumbled.

Owen does the same job in any case, i.e. steal in to the penalty area late to score goals. Cahill and Lampard have been rumbled.

Actually, rather than being found out I think Cahill might have had his best season this year if you go by goals per game.

He wouldn't sign for Newcastle anyway like.

Guest DaN tHe MaN

Personally I think he would sign for us if given the chance, also have dukes here to convince him. No matter what he would be an improvement on what we have. He ticks all the boxes for what KK whats for buying someone with PL experience and is still young.

Horrible dirty injury prone bastard.

Got a Gary Speed type head on him though, but i'm not his biggest fan.

Rather get Arteta who's getting some flak but is easily a better player for me.

We could do with a Cahill, just not Cahill.  :lol:

Whatever I said about us being a step up from Blackburn certainly doesn't apply to Everton like.

There's no way we're signing their best players.

We'll finish ahead of Everton next season. We don't need their best plyaers because they are shite. Maybe they'l buy our cast offs at an inflated fee. That's how I see it.