Alternative NUFC timelines

James

It was widely believed when we signed Jonathan Woodgate that a similar deal for John Terry was also in an advanced stage, and that it was up to Robson to choose which one to go for.

What if he had opted for Terry instead? How would things have turned out?

It was widely believed when we signed Jonathan Woodgate that a similar deal for John Terry was also in an advanced stage, and that it was up to Robson to choose which one to go for.

What if he had opted for Terry instead? How would things have turned out?

No.

Robson tried to get Terry in the summer that Roman took over, not at the same time we bought Woody and we were told no chance. Thread over.

We were looking at christiano ronaldo/viana

We all know which one we chose.

Would they have swapped places?

Honestly if Viana went to Man U and Ronaldo went to Newcastle Viana might be the one scoring a bazillion goals a season now. You never know with this sort of thing.

For a more recent "alternate timeline" game, imagine if we chose Sven over Big Sam last summer.  :knuppel2:

What if Mourhino had said yes to Sir Bobby?

Would he have been promoted to manager when Bobby got sacked? Or would he have been let go too?

probably unlikely that he would've been promoted given our probable distrust over what would be an (at the time) unproven foreign manager.

He probably wouldn't be half the manager he is right now without his experiences at Porto anyway, so a moot point.

Guest RodrigoPalacio

John Terry was about to get into his car and drive up here until Desailly or someone got injured and they pulled the plug.

Terry has been immense for Chelsea, regardless of what he's done for England.  I know the media has their collective head up his ass, but he's still a top quality defender, even if he isn't he best in the world and isn't captain fantastic.

We were linked with Terry at around the time we bought Woodgate but we were also linked with Gallas too (i.e. paper bollocks). I think Robson only actually went for Woodgate at that exact time though. Chelsea were skint back then though.

If we'd won the title this club would have been catapulted into the REAL big time tbh. :(

Like Blackburn? ;)

I bet if you ask Blackburn supporters if they'd rather our last 15 years or theirs, they wouldn't have to think very much :)

I'd rather 1 win than a whole bag of 'almost but fell at the last hurdles'