Man United (h) - 23/02/08 - pre-match thread

womblemaster

get smith to start a fight with ronaldo and ghet them both sent off. then we win

That's actually not a bad idea.

Maybe he can be useful for once and break the annoying little cunts legs.

"lets see how many goals YOU score after breaking your leg in two places. :angry:" -Alan Smith

He'd still be a better player than Smith.

And even without Ronaldo, they are still a gazillion times better than us.

Erm, is that the same Emre who disappears in big games?

We have never exactly played to his strengths have we. allardyce left him o the bench and he has been unlucky with injuries. the fact remains though that he is the best passer at our club as well as being the most creative

Undeniably, he has disappeared in big games, and that can't be blamed on anything other than himself.

Beye - Faye - Cacapa - Enrique

Duff - Geremi - Emre - N'Zogbia

Owen - Martins

Taylor is better than Cacapa. Milner is better on the right than Duff. Geremi is absolute wank.

Can't say I agree with that.

Agree with the others though.

Guest Urban Fox

Geremi had some steady games pre-season as a DM - rather have him than butt.  The key to saturday is to keep the ball and I can't remember the last time Butt passed to someone with the same colour shirt on as him.

is jose injured?

Hope not, he has to play this game!

i think so to i thought he was one of the better players when we played them last time, but he was on the bench against villa so im not so sure he'll start

If we play 451 against Man Utd, is there any point in playing Owen? may as well rest him for the games he will actually get chances to score with.

If Martins misses a chance you will get "Owen would have scored"

If we play 451 against Man Utd, is there any point in playing Owen? may as well rest him for the games he will actually get chances to score with.

True, but I'm more concerend about losing Owen through injury in this game, thus ruling him out for the games we really need his goals in.

Who, in their position, is better than Owen over 90 minutes?

Owen is our best player.

thats why i wonder why keegan chose carr ahead of jose for the villa match

and Allardyce wouldnt play him...

Reminds me of Souness and Roeder with Lucky Luque.

One game? He was probably just not risking him playing twice in a week or whatever. This is nothing like the Luque situation at all.

If we go 4-5-1 i will be bricking it from the very off. Well, i will be anyway.

Personally, regardless of what system we play, i think it'll be the same old story. We'll do well for 45 minutes or 60 minutes or so, then get bummed as we run out of puff. Our endurance situation really is a joke. When we concede one we concede a million. The type of thing relegation fodder do.

If we get to half-time at 0-0 and then sneak ahead after half-time, and get the crowd behind us, i think we may just nick a point.

Realistically though, 1-3. Rooney to bag a hat-trick this time.

Guest toonlass

Harper

Beye              Taylor                Faye          Enrique

Duff                Emre                  Geremi        N'Zogbia

Owen                Viduka

Subs : Forster, Edgar, Barton, Carroll, Milner

Heart says 3-2 to us, head says 3-0 to them.

be optimistic!! keegan is a mastermind, given is a legend, smith is one of the best strikers in the premierleague, nicky butt is actually michael carrick, ronaldo and tevez are dogshite, viduka is a beast AND weve got carr.

shearer to come out of retirement and score. 1-0

Marco Polo Italian Restaurant on Dean Street in the city centre are once again sponsoring NUFC.com this season.

And for this particular fixture Marco's Match Prediction is very simple.....

If Newcastle beat the Red Devils on Saturday, then all pre-match food & drink bills will be refunded.

:lol: