Man United (h) - 23/02/08 - pre-match thread

womblemaster

Even the most die hard nufc fan cant surely see us beating mufc on sat??

We just arent at the races atmo.

imo best we can hope for is a 2-0 defeat, ie keep the score down.

So...play 451?  Someone to man mark ronaldo?

or throw caution to the wind and go 3-3-4    :iamatwat:

keegan and defensive?  never in million years.  that is why i love the guy.  Man Utd aren't the greatest team in the world.  Football is very unpredictable, who knows in the first five minutes we could of had a penalty and them being reduced to ten men.

We can't play defensively.  I don't think we have the players, the systems or the crowd patience to play a stifling game.  Much better to attack them from the start and hope the players are on song.  If we can get them on the back foot early and keep going, this result might just surprise some people.

We can't play defensively.  I don't think we have the players, the systems or the crowd patience to play a stifling game.  Much better to attack them from the start and hope the players are on song.  If we can get them on the back foot early and keep going, this result might just surprise some people.

Thats the spirit!

:(

I don't think we can play defensive, a better approach would be pick players who can match them for pace and movement in the key areas. I'd seriously consider Zog and Faye in the middle. A midfield of Duff, Zog, Faye and Milner won't get over-run like creaky chitty-chitty bang-bangs, Butt and Barton.

Absolutely cannot sit back.  Have to go at them from the off.  Let's say ... oh, 2 - 1 to us, why not. 

As an aside, it's funny watching some of the manu message boards -- the number among them who think KK has been "saving" his first win for them is astonishingly high.  Here's hoping they're right.

We couldn't play that way to save our lives - these players are basically second-raters and when it comes to defending, THIRD raters..

Better to have a go than try to defend at SJP - can you imagine the field day the media would have about NUFC 'locked in their own half all game - terrified of Man U etc etc'....

Almost certain defeat - better to lose by going down fighting than playing chicken all game.

Guest mr quimbys beard

Attacking footie will bne the order of the day i bet if KK has owt to do with it(which he does lol), probably be a few goals in it.

As long as people realise there is an excellent chance we will get totally spanked on Saturday, because the players we currently have are clearly not good enough, and therefore won't start a huge kneejerk reaction after the game.

As long as people realise there is an excellent chance we will get totally spanked on Saturday, because the players we currently have are clearly not good enough, and therefore won't start a huge kneejerk reaction after the game.

It will happen all the same! I'm expecting a draw at best, but a drubbing otherwise.

Need to make it a cauldron of hate at St Jame's from now on, maybe we'll be able to influence the opposition and win a couple of games at least.

We haven't got the players to go defensive, we haven't got the players to go attacking.

In the words of a great man.

"That's it man, game over man, game over! What the fuck are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?"

I'd go for it and play 4-3-3 Duff central just behind the front 2.

Harper

Beye  Cacapa  Faye  Enrique

Emre      Barton\Butt    Zoggy

Duff

Martins        Owen

Lets face it we're not expected to get anything out of this game so just go for it from the 1st whistle.

For us to go defensive on Saturday we'd need to do the Greek Phalanx back line...

http://dl.nlb.gov.sg/digitalk/300_phalanx.jpg

Lets see Ronaldo dance his way past that fucker.

Seriously tho, we need to attack them.

For us to go defensive on Saturday we'd need to do the Greek Phalanx back line...

http://dl.nlb.gov.sg/digitalk/300_phalanx.jpg

Lets see Ronaldo dance his way past that fucker.

Seriously tho, we need to attack them.

Fuck that! If we had that line up why not just send it into the away end?

Guest Stephen927

Attack is the best form of defense.

Get at them, keep a high line, press them inside their own half and try and keep a high tempo going.