Favourite Non NUFC/England Footballing Moments

Tooj

Zaire defender charging out of the wall in WC 74.

Absolute f****** magic.

That was superb! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rivaldo's last minute overhead kick that sealed his hatrick and clinched Barca's place in the CL ahead of thier opponents Valencia.

Absolute class. :nope:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1016/1420289677_cf8c9b2dc5.jpg?v=0

Arsenal beating Liverpool at Anfield in the last minute of the season to win the title on goal difference was funny, so was the Mackems losing a play-off penalty shoot-out to Charlton after a Mackem scored a hat-trick against them.

the arsenal one and watching john "the absolute horrible b******" aldridge refuse to shake hands with paul davis walking off the pitch,only months after ruffling brian laws hair and giving him a thumbs up after an OG in the hillsbrough semi replay.

if you cant take it. dont give it.

(on my birthday aswell,in corfu,on my first med holiday,dancing on a table as the 2nd went in in a blur of amstel,ouzo and meze's)

Obviously, as non NUFC fans, us outsiders have an advantage, so, taking the easy route ...

Villa games: standing with nigh on 20,000 Villa fans on the Clock End at Highbury last day of the season 1981, seeing us lose, having that sinking feeling in the stomach, then hearing Bosko Jankovic had scored again for Boro against Ipswich and we'd won the league, turned round to my uncle and he was in absolutely floods of tears, looked around me, and so was almost everyone else near us.

Standing at the end of the 82 European Cup final, feeling absolutely numb. The only time in my life I've ever really had that feeling.

Other teams: Michael Thomas's goal in the last minute at Anfield to win them the title was the most remarkable end we'll ever see to a football season.

Platt's swivel and volley in the last minute against Belgium, 1990.

The 1982 France - Germany WC semi final.

1982 - Northern Ireland v Spain

France v Portugal 1984 European Championships.

Actually, I'll tell you what my favourite moment of football history is, it is Brazil's fourth goal in the 1970s WC final, and in particular the way Clodoaldo nonchalantly skips past four Italians at the start of the build up.

If anything epitomises the beautiful game, then it is that goal.

The Carlos Alberto goal in the 1970 World Cup against Italy is my all time favourite goal, bit unoriginal.

Also the Roberto Carlos free kick at the Le Tournoi (?), unbelivable goal. Greatest freekick ive ever seen. Could watch that all day.

For England, Beckhams goal against Greece was pretty memorable, Owens goal against Argies in 98, and the best games ive seen England play, that i can remeber, was vs Holland 96, and vs Germany 2001. Memorable games.

Guest Sporting

and in particular the way Clodoaldo nonchalantly skips past four Italians at the start of the build up.

Would that count as humiliating the opposition today?

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8494/pic312rm8.jpg

After 4 years of injury agony and being forever haunted by that incident prior to the '98 WC Final, Ronaldo managing to finish the top scorer in the tournament and winning the World Cup was a fantastic advertisement for the sport IMO.

WC 2002 really was a great tournament, it had everything, controversy, intrigue, underdogs, upsets, and ultimatley, beautiful football winning the day over the evil machine.  WC 2006 was so dissapointing and pedestrian by those standards.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41016000/jpg/_41016525_ashtonemp.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41016000/jpg/_41016497_mckenzie_emp.jpg

http://cache4.gettyimages.com/xc/52608908.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19364A19ADEE617E8A87E0199F65E58F4B2A240DCA8EAFA1EA9

For some reason, that one always sticks out at me as well.  Just watching that game slowly turn towards Norwich, realizing they had a chance with their lives on the line, and Rooney being at fault for both the goals, it was just great, really highly charged and emotional match.

and in particular the way Clodoaldo nonchalantly skips past four Italians at the start of the build up.

I loved Wenger saying Nani was not showing respect the other day.

It made me wonder how his team's constant niggling at referees, begging for players to be booked or sent off or waving imaginary cards at the ref is showing respect.

I loved Wenger saying Nani was not showing respect the other day.

It made me wonder how his team's constant niggling at referees, begging for players to be booked or sent off or waving imaginary cards at the ref is showing respect.

And remember that Pires/Henry penalty against City a couple of years ago?

Zaire defender charging out of the wall in WC 74.

Absolute f****** magic.

Living the dream. I'd love to do that to Cristiano Ronaldo.

absolutely fantastic that one :-)

Guest Slippery Sam

The day both the mackems and smogs were relegated from the top division as we marched onward and upward.

Clive Mendonca at the Wembley play-off against the mackems. 'Mickey' Gray missing a penalty the same day.

A brilliant goal scored by Paul Brietner (I think) for W.Germany in the opening game of the '74 World Cup.

The day both the mackems and smogs were relegated from the top division as we marched onward and upward.

Clive Mendonca at the Wembley play-off against the mackems. 'Mickey' Gray missing a penalty the same day.

A brilliant goal scored by Paul Brietner (I think) for W.Germany in the opening game of the '74 World Cup.

Would the first two count as non-NUFC moments? ;)

Guest The Libertine

the mackems getting beat 3-1 at home to Charlton with "sargent wilko" in charge.

Nothing unusual about that, just another hopeless mackem defeat.

.......until you consider that the hopeless fuckwits in red and white scored all 4 goals.

Don't think we'll ever see anything like that again.

3 own goals within 7 minutes  :thup:

Bruce Grobbelaar got accused of match fixing for less  :iamatwat:

Sorry Speccy,but Ricky Villa scoring that amazing winner vs. Man City in 1981 cup final replay.

Keith Houchens header vs. Spurs in 1987 cup final.

Paolo Di Canio pushing Paul Alcock over,Alcock making a Cristiano of it all.

Di Canio again, with an empty net in front of him,kicking ball out of play because Everton keeper,Gerrard i believe,lying prone,seriously injured.