The Champions League

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Considering the hype, the record he has and the teams he's played for, I've still never seen Ibrahimovic have a good game.

Ditto.

Could it have something to do with that we only watch him in the Champions League, when Inter are actually playing decent teams?

Didnt he have 5 goals in 5 games in the CL before last night?

Guest king harry

His record is superb, but ive seen him live last night, and for juventus the other year. He doesnt get a kick, some inter fans say he doesnt turn it on in big games, but destroys teams in average matches.

His record is superb, but ive seen him live last night, and for juventus the other year. He doesnt get a kick, some inter fans say he doesnt turn it on in big games, but destroys teams in average matches.

Cristiano style.  :shifty:

That's a myth. For Sweden, he's been immense when needed. He scored one of the best goals I've seen against Hungary in the qualifiers for the 2006 WC, in the 92nd minute that won Sweden the qualification, and against Italy in the 2004 Euros he played a blinder and then scored "that" goal out of nothing. As for recently, he scored a brace against CSKA Moscow that was out of this world. All of it is youtubeable, and those who doubt his ability should really have a look at it. (But he was s*** last night, but so was every single Inter player).

That's a myth. For Sweden, he's been immense when needed. He scored one of the best goals I've seen against Hungary in the qualifiers for the 2006 WC, in the 92nd minute that won Sweden the qualification, and against Italy in the 2004 Euros he played a blinder and then scored "that" goal out of nothing. As for recently, he scored a brace in the Milano-derby that was out of this world. All of it is youtubeable, and those who doubt his ability should really have a look at it. (But he was shit last night, but so was every single Inter player).

So....When was the last time he scored for Sweden....?

That's a myth. For Sweden, he's been immense when needed. He scored one of the best goals I've seen against Hungary in the qualifiers for the 2006 WC, in the 92nd minute that won Sweden the qualification, and against Italy in the 2004 Euros he played a blinder and then scored "that" goal out of nothing. As for recently, he scored a brace in the Milano-derby that was out of this world. All of it is youtubeable, and those who doubt his ability should really have a look at it. (But he was s*** last night, but so was every single Inter player).

So....When was the last time he scored for Sweden....?

He missed a couple of games due to a fight with Lagerbäck, and yes, he hasn't scored in a while. But to suggest he is a player who only does well against poor opposition is unfair to him, that was my point.

<No football clips on the forum, thanks.> - that goal against Hungary if you haven't seen it.

I am really really optomisitic about tonight, i think that Arsenal will win 2-0 (although i cant watch it  :dave:)

I also think Lyon will be a very tough oposition, but i think defensively they wont be able to handle Manure (3-1 to manure imo)

Celtic - Barca 0-1 i think

Considering the hype, the record he has and the teams he's played for, I've still never seen Ibrahimovic have a good game.

Ditto.

Could it have something to do with that we only watch him in the Champions League, when Inter are actually playing decent teams?

I've seen him the odd time in Serie A for Juve and Inter too. Not saying he's crap - he obviously isn't - just he's always been crap when I've seen him. Hope he has a blinder in 3 weeks. Then Inter go out in the next round :razz:

Would love to see Barca complete rape Celtic tbh

Should be a cracking match.

Good games today. Lyon ManU (6pm??), then a choice between Arsenal Milan or Celtic Barca.

I think they're all kicking off at 19:45, Sky just feel the need for an hour and forty-five minutes of buildup.

Guest Ice__Mag

I am really really optomisitic about tonight, i think that Arsenal will win 2-0 (although i cant watch it  :dave:)

I also think Lyon will be a very tough oposition, but i think defensively they wont be able to handle Manure (3-1 to manure imo)

Celtic - Barca 0-1 i think

Boumsong playing for Lyon!!

Do any of these actually watch Totti week in week out btw?

I must say I don't tbh, but Totti has always played brilliantly against lesser teams when I've watched him, then fails to show up against the better sides.

I dunno, maybe I'm watching the wrong games? Gave up following Italian football about two years ago so most of this perception is from before then.