Obafemi Martins

Wullie

If we are actually going after him, I'd be disappointed if we offered any more than £7m.

You might end up with Owen yet, at least you won't have to pay a fee for him. I would imagine a club doing as well as yours wouldn't want their front line grinding to a standstill though.

Owen will score goals for Everton if he goes there. From a midfield consisting of the grand end product of Butt, Nolan & Gutierrez, to Fellaini, Cahill & Arteta...I'd tip him to get close to 1 in 2 there anyway.

You're getting far to complicated there, discussing other players ability to provide and whatnot - way to much common sense involved. Owen is just finished as a player, it all happened at christmas.

If we are actually going after him, I'd be disappointed if we offered any more than £7m.

You might end up with Owen yet, at least you won't have to pay a fee for him. I would imagine a club doing as well as yours wouldn't want their front line grinding to a standstill though.

Owen will score goals for Everton if he goes there. From a midfield consisting of the grand end product of Butt, Nolan & Gutierrez, to Fellaini, Cahill & Arteta...I'd tip him to get close to 1 in 2 there anyway.

You're getting far to complicated there, discussing other players ability to provide and whatnot - way to much common sense involved. Owen is just finished as a player, it all happened at christmas.

It's true though. He wouldn't have to spend half of his time dropping deep to get the ball because of the sh*te playing behind him because there's quality players there to get the ball to him.

Guest toonlass

Didn't catch it properly but SSN just said Martins or his agent has claimed that Arsenal, Villa and Everton have all made enquiries about him.

Good -  inconsistent, over-hyped. Thanks for the memories but not what we need.

I reckon 8-10 mil is a fair price in the current market

the only memories i have is a thunderbolt away to spurs, a couple of canny efforts but in the end, a lazy, work-shy, inconsistent, huffy tosser.

hope he has a career ending injury when he f***s off elsewhere, like most of the players who will be leaving this summer.

You should thank your lucky stars you don't sit anywhere near me at the game (if you even go)

hahahahaha

aye?

To be fair that was a pretty pathetic thing to say so I can understand his response.

wind your neck in.

:spit:

Guest wshmag

Didn't catch it properly but SSN just said Martins or his agent has claimed that Arsenal, Villa and Everton have all made enquiries about him.

Good -  inconsistent, over-hyped. Thanks for the memories but not what we need.

I reckon 8-10 mil is a fair price in the current market

the only memories i have is a thunderbolt away to spurs, a couple of canny efforts but in the end, a lazy, work-shy, inconsistent, huffy tosser.

hope he has a career ending injury when he f***s off elsewhere, like most of the players who will be leaving this summer.

You should thank your lucky stars you don't sit anywhere near me at the game (if you even go)

hahahahaha

aye?

To be fair that was a pretty pathetic thing to say so I can understand his response.

wind your neck in.

:spit:

what a wonderful, well thought out post.

Guest wshmag

H

did anyone else just catch the SSN ticker?? it said oba wants to stay for his final two years. hmmm...

fucks sake.

fuck him off man.

I'd absolutely love to keep him if at all feasable. It's a case of either paying £4M for Beckford or losing the £6M for Martins and paying his £70K a week

Why on earth would that be the case?

Part of me saw that coming tbh, he seems to love the club and the area

That said, they'll still try to sell him

I think he loves the pay packet above anything else, maybe he realises he won't get that if he moves elsewhere? Or maybe he's doing a Barton and is going to claim he was sold against his will so will be due a loyalty fee?

Thinking hypothetically, Keeping Martins would not be such a financial disaster considering the amount it'll cost to replace him

I reckon it'd be tough though - he's one of our most sellable assets, meaning we'd probably get £7m+ for him and £70kpw off the wagebill. Given that we'll struggle to get rid of the likes of Butt, Duff, Smith, Barton etc (all on high money) it won't be the case of trying to accomodate one high earner - which could be possibly justifiable.

I get the impression that Loven could be sticking on to be our first choice 'pacy' striker next season - he won't cost anything and will be on lowish wages. I don't think he's as good as Martins and won't create as many chances by himself but he's got a better footballing brain and seems more composed. If the situation is keeping Martins on £70kpw or letting him go for £7m and 'replacing' him with McLovin up top for £20kpw I know which one would be preferable for the health of the football club.

I wouldn't mind to keep him but his wages will be an absolute fortune and we simply can't afford it. And of the players we'll get decent money for, he's the least effective.

Guest firetotheworks

Theres too much of this 'they'll be good in the championship though' stuff going around, which is fair enough, and especially in Martins case, but if were not careful we'll end up wanting the same shit that sent us down.

I wouldn't mind to keep him but his wages will be an absolute fortune and we simply can't afford it. And of the players we'll get decent money for, he's the least effective.

He's less effective than Coloccini? (Bassong i'll give you)

He's less effective than Coloccini? (Bassong i'll give you)

I think we'll get more for Martins though.

Guest BooBoo

Part of me saw that coming tbh, he seems to love the club and the area

That said, they'll still try to sell him

What's that based on?