Obafemi Martins

Wullie

Part of me saw that coming tbh, he seems to love the club and the area

That said, they'll still try to sell him

what a f***ing laughable post.

he is on £70k, a wage i doubt no other club will offer, no wonder he wants to stay.

we need to get rid of the dross at this club who are burning a hole in the clubs pocket. he has done nothing, absolutley f***ing nothing to justify his wage packet.

i f***ing hate the c***.

keeping us up in 06-07 didn't justify it? He's been poor since his injury, and you hate him for it  :lol:

Talk about being a hypocrite. :lol:

You hate Owen and the same can be said about him keeping us up in 07-08, as well as being poor since his injury at City.

and you were in the toilets with Otter when Martins scored his 6 goals in 12?

Where were you when Owen scored 9 in 14 before Portsmouth?  Just admiring Martins?

Exactly. Averaged almost 2 goals in 3 games throughout 2008 and had an injury since which he's been sh*t...a la Martins since his injury.

Guest wshmag

and you were in the toilets with Otter when Martins scored his 6 goals in 12?

i was completley blown away, 6 goals is indeed, something special.

what's even more impressive was that he accumulated an astonishing 8 goals in 25 appearances this season. the man is a fucking genius.

The difference between Owen and Martins (imo) is that one never fulfilled his job description when here and the other one at least made a good stab of it. Owen was bought as a goal-scorer and didn't do consistently.

Seriously, why even bother bringing Owen into the argument, he's fucked us all over and laughing about it. He's gone and I for one would agree with a permanent IP ban for the next person to mention his name on this board after June

Guest wshmag

The difference between Owen and Martins (imo) is that one never fulfilled his job description when here and the other one at least made a good stab of it. Owen was bought as a goal-scorer and didn't do consistently.

Seriously, why even bother bringing Owen into the argument, he's fucked us all over and laughing about it. He's gone and I for one would agree with a permanent IP ban for the next person to mention his name on this board after June

did he fuck man you stupid cunt.

Seriously, why even bother bringing Owen into the argument, he's f***ed us all over and laughing about it. He's gone and I for one would agree with a permanent IP ban for the next person to mention his name on this board after June

did he f*** man you stupid c***.

Relax mate.  Everyone in our team has been utter wank barring one individual.

he is on £70k, a wage i doubt no other club will offer, no wonder he wants to stay.

we need to get rid of the dross at this club who are burning a hole in the clubs pocket. he has done nothing, absolutley f***ing nothing to justify his wage packet.

i f***ing hate the c***.

keeping us up in 06-07 didn't justify it? He's been poor since his injury, and you hate him for it  :lol:

You hate Owen and the same can be said about him keeping us up in 07-08, as well as being poor since his injury at City.

please correct me if i'm wrong but hadn't he only managed 1 in 8 before his injury at Man City?

so 6 goals in 12 (prior to the injury) is poor?

as for the rest of the arguement  :lol:

When you are doing posts like this you are bound to get comparisons with Owen.

Owen in between injuries for us - minus post January this year, was always very good. 

i f***ing hate the c***.

please correct me if i'm wrong but hadn't he only managed 1 in 8 before his injury at Man City?

29-11-2008 English Premier Middlesbro 0-0 Newcastle 0

06-12-2008 English Premier Newcastle 2-2 Stoke 2 

14-12-2008 English Premier Portsmouth 0-3 Newcastle 1 

21-12-2008 English Premier Newcastle 2-1 Tottenham 0 

26-12-2008 English Premier Wigan 2-1 Newcastle 0 

28-12-2008 English Premier Newcastle 1-5 Liverpool 0 

10-01-2009 English Premier Newcastle 2-2 West Ham 1 

17-01-2009 English Premier Blackburn 3-0 Newcastle 0

4 in 8.

i f***ing hate the c***.

4 in 8.

you're missing out the games against Hull in the cup there, but fair enough

i f***ing hate the c***.

4 in 8.

you're missing out the games against Hull in the cup there, but fair enough

Even with the cup games then, 4 in 10 games isn't the worst in a crap team.

1 in 8 (f you include the city game) or 4 in 10, we can both spin it whichever way we want tbh

The argument is getting very old and he's gone. I just hope that in 4 years time we aren't having the same arguments about his replacement. :lol:  Time to look to the future, be it Beckford or whoever

Martins: (In 3 years)

88 games (28 goals)

Owen: (In 4 years)

71 games (29 goals)

Maybe it's better just getting rid of them both  :undecided:

:sadnod:

It is fucking ridiculous how low those appearances are for both of them

he's scored 17, 9 and 8 in 3 seasons

34 goals is better than 1 in 3, not that bad for a striker not considered an out and out goalscorer

How many assists has he got then?  those 3 seasons .. i bet that figure is pathetic looking.

I f we HAD to keep one it would be Oba for me, if we have to sell oBA THEN fair enough, I will be gutted but we are a Championship side and cannot afford to reguse offers for him.

I know him and others are saying they want to stay fine PROVE IT!!

Do that by takling a wage cut and even if the club accept an offer for you refuse to talk to the club in question.

Guest Gemmill

I think i'm the only person who has called him what he is all the way through - s***.

If you were calling him shit after his first season then you need your head read

I remember crossing swords with Gemmill regularly in his first season - he was saying what everyone (generally) agrees now upon in that he's erratic, stupid and wasteful. In that first season he scored a grand total of 11 league goals which is hardly earth-shattering.

So essentially Gemmill was on board the Martins-hating bus early, and I wasn't alone in trying to argue with him, but he was right all along...

In a nutshell, yes.

I f we HAD to keep one it would be Oba for me, if we have to sell oBA THEN fair enough, I will be gutted but we are a Championship side and cannot afford to reguse offers for him.

I know him and others are saying they want to stay fine PROVE IT!!

Do that by takling a wage cut and even if the club accept an offer for you refuse to talk to the club in question.

That just wouldnt happen, even to the most loyal players sadly.

You have the agent saying it's time to move if the club wants you gone.  The manager would of probably had input on the decision, so he wants you gone too.. if you refuse it's possible you will be benched or worse.  The other club are more than likely going to assure you a key role and wage increase.

he's scored 17, 9 and 8 in 3 seasons

34 goals is better than 1 in 3, not that bad for a striker not considered an out and out goalscorer

How many assists has he got then?  those 3 seasons .. i bet that figure is pathetic looking.

10 according to espn, which is 9 more than Owen incidentally