Reading FC Watch

oldtype

Only team in the prem (other than Derby) playing worse than us at the moment. Five league losses on the trot, no league goals in the last four matches, last won on December 22nd.

Seeing how the Mackems/Boro/Wigan/Birmingham are all playing decently and Fulham and Derby are already down, I think it's basically us v. them for the last spot.

Surely they won't get anything at Villa Park, so hopefully our head start is staying at six points. They also arguably have the more difficult schedule from now on. However, the complication is that we still have to play them and we always seem to lose these games against team's having a bad run.

So.. Think we can do it?  :frantic:

Guest kingdawson

Only team in the prem (other than Derby) playing worse than us at the moment. Five league losses on the trot, no league goals in the last four matches, last won on December 22nd.

Seeing how the Mackems/Boro/Wigan/Birmingham are all playing decently and Fulham and Derby are already down, I think it's basically us v. them for the last spot.

Surely they won't get anything at Villa Park, so hopefully our head start is staying at six points. They also arguably have the more difficult schedule from now on. However, the complication is that we still have to play them and we always seem to lose these games against team's having a bad run.

Fulham will not go down this season imo.

Say bye bye to Derby, Sunderland and Wigan.

Fulham could concievably survive if their luck turns around in a big way, but Sunderland and Wigan?

NUFC are more likely to go down than either of those two. Maybe Brimingham.

Fulham are dead and buried in my eyes.

No chance Wigan will go down now, they've done well recently and look a decent side. I think Steve Bruce is a pretty good manager, better than the likes of Hodgson & Keane. Fulham, Reading and Sunderland all more likely imo.

Guest mobiius

Fulham could concievably survive if their luck turns around in a big way, but Sunderland and Wigan?

NUFC are more likely to go down than either of those two. Maybe Brimingham.

granted we have played absolute shite lately. but to say we will be more likely to drop than the scum imo is plain daft. they (the scum) have played well at home but have you taken a look at their run in of home games all top table teams and the smogs for good measure.i won,t mention their away games against the lower tier teams including us cos theyve won nowt away for 20 odd games. us on the other hand only really have chelski at home that are a top table team our away games are a lot harder but i know which fixture list i would prefer if i had a choice. so i would disagree with you, i think the scum are more likely to get the drop than anyone else.that of course is only my opinion.

The more I start thinking of this as us v. Reading the more I worry. Neither of us are playing like any semblance of a football club, but the vast majority of Reading's squad either came through the academy or has spent the best parts of their careers there. When push comes to shove and relegation draws near they will play their hearts out to save the club they love.

As for us, I can't help but think the vast majority of our players are probably just thinking "oh f*** it, if we get relegated I'll just jump ship." The likes of N'Zogbia, Viduka, and Enrique probably already have one foot out the door. How many of our players do you think would be honestly devastated if we're relegated? I suppose Taylor, Milner, and some of the young lads may show some tears on the pitch, but would anyone else care?

It's this sort of thing that disturbs me and makes me wonder if we can come on top when the do-or-die match vs Reading or whoever else ends up being our rivals for 17th place comes around.

The bad news is that we are playing badly a little too frequently of late - first half against you lot was particularly awful.

I fear a bad result.

You lot better win! If you can't beat reading we want our points from two weeks ago back  :angry:

0-0 with Villa. Barry missed a penalty 10 mins ago.

Current stats from Yahoo sports updates:

Reading  V      Villa
0        Score       0
2        Shots      12
1       On Trgt     4

Looking like one way traffic at the moment. Just hope that Villa beat them.

1-0 Villa - Ashley Young

Just switched on to see the goal.  When he took a touch to control it, I was worried he may miss or a defender get back to block, but he smashed it high in to the net, good strike.

I actually feel sorry for Reading, I want them to stay up, but given how close we are to the relegation spots, we all need them to lose.  

Keep it going Villa!