Carroll, Edgar and Kadar your time is now!

KaKa

Kadar is only 17, ffs.

And at that age still better than our current centrebacks(excluding Faye maybe).

I'm prepared to give a chance for players who are just perfoming decent no matter how old they are! Our first team has totally lost it and doesn't seem to be caring anymore at all...

Carroll was decent yesterday but I'm willing to stick with Owen & Martins up front as long as they're getting some service which is definitely not happening at the moment.

Putting in youngsters would be the wrong thing to do in an ideal world but some of the current first-teamers look like they've given up the fight. I wouldn't rule anything out at this stage.

And in an ideal world...we should be a TOP6 side

Putting in youngsters would be the wrong thing to do in an ideal world but some of the current first-teamers look like they've given up the fight. I wouldn't rule anything out at this stage.

I agree, on yesterdays showing it certainly looked as though some members of our first team couldn't give a toss. Be it Martins, Owen, or Carroll we need someone making runs into the box looking to get on to the end of crosses. That said, I'm kidding myself if I think KK will drop Smith, Butt, et all. Come Blackburn next week we'll not be surprised at the line up. Same shit different day

Playing players just because they are young is fooking bonkers.

However I would be tempted to bring players into this first team mix who have bit experince like Edgar & Carroll. If Edgar played it may free up Faye to go into midfield instead of Butt. Carroll is something to aim for in the box but he has never looked that mobile for me.

Guest jcricthon

Kadar is only 17, ffs.

How old is Gareth Bale?

micah richards? michael johnson?

Theo Walcott is only 18 and thats in a championship challenging top of the league team. And lets not forget his contribution to the last world cup.......................

Yes i'd like to see others given a chance. We have to survive first but then its all about next season, keegan working out which players need replacing.

I'd Go:

Given

Beye  Taylor  Edgar  Enrique?

Milner    Faye    Emre  Zoggy

Martins  Duff

Bench: Harper, Geremi, Barton, Owen, Carroll

If Enrique has fucked off to Spain then maybe try Kadar or one of the youngsters there. Similarly if Emre and Barton aren't up to it in midfield try lua lua again.

I didn't see enough from Carroll on Saturday to convince me he should be starting. Good option from the bench though.

I'd agree. He looked as though he could intimidate the defenders purely through his physical attributes, he just wasn't quite sure how best to use them yet.

I didn't see enough from Carroll on Saturday to convince me he should be starting. Good option from the bench though.

I'd agree. He looked as though he could intimidate the defenders purely through his physical attributes, he just wasn't quite sure how best to use them yet.

That's what I saw as well. At least he'd be a threat in the box, but I'd need to see him get a few headers at goal first. Shola is probably as much threat at the moment.

I saw Kadar in one reserve game and I can guarantee that he would be a better left back than Zoggy defensively.

He is an out and out defender for one and despite his young age is a big boy at about 6 foot 2 with a good physical presence.

Sick of Zoggy playing back there.

I saw Kadar in one reserve game and I can guarantee that he would be a better left back than Zoggy defensively.

He is an out and out defender for one and despite his young age is a big boy at about 6 foot 2 with a good physical presence.

Sick of Zoggy playing back there.

Right, you can guarantee it on the back of one reserve match, makes a lot of sense.