Relegation - will we or won't we? *NO FIXTURE LISTS PLEASE*

ChrisJbarnes
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

seems its becoming more and more of a possibility. i do however think anyone who genuinely thinks we will be relegated needs to have a look at the other teams. we might well lose our next 2 games moving us perilously close, but im pretty sure we'll stay up.

Fair comment - but in looking at the other teams, one notices they are actually scoring more than us (not by much, admittedly) and not conceding as many.

And the most notable differences being that they are not collapsing like a tower of cards when they concede, (like we do) and are showing 10 times more backbone than our overpaid planks are - and we are in freefall, with no sign WHATSOVER of any turn around. Also our much-trumpeted "saviour" continues with players who are responsible to a large extent for the mess we are in.

Guest Knightrider

We can't defend, we can't score, we can't win, home or away. We are in a right mess and it will be very very close. I'm not confident at all.

seems its becoming more and more of a possibility. i do however think anyone who genuinely thinks we will be relegated needs to have a look at the other teams. we might well lose our next 2 games moving us perilously close, but im pretty sure we'll stay up.

Fair comment - but in looking at the other teams, one notices they are actually scoring more than us (not by much, admittedly) and not conceding as many.

And the most notable differences being that they are not collapsing like a tower of cards when they concede, (like we do) and are showing 10 times more backbone than our overpaid planks are - and we are in freefall, with no sign WHATSOVER of any turn around. Also our much-trumpeted "saviour" continues with players who are responsible to a large extent for the mess we are in.

its a bit like england thinking "oh no its fine, well beat croatia and get into euros no problem". the players (and a fair few fans) thank were too great to go down. watching us,  we havent earned the right to stay in the league, as you say we collapse like a pack of cards. whereas fulham are getting bad results but losing 1-0 in the last 5 mins. i reckon, itll get worse and soon itll hit them as a real possibility. well have to pull a few performances out the bag towards the end, but i dont think a ferguson-mourinho combo would be getting much out of these players to be honest. lets hope keegan FINALLY ditches alan "god" smith and butt and barton

Derby:  Down.

Fulham:  Down.

Can anyone honestly see all of Reading, Birmingham, Wigan, Bolton, Sunderland and Middlesbrough (if we're in a relegation battle then so are they)  finishing above us?  Look at the current form table - we've only taken two from the last six games.  But then you have Reading who are six points below us and have taken 0 points from the last six.  Birmingham may have got a point yesterday, but they're still only 3 points from six games.

And if you look at our last six games, we've had Man Utd twice, Arsenal away and Villa away.  All tough games, which most of the teams below us would lose too.

There is no way we'll go down.

everytime our lot step onto the pitch they get totally humiliated by the opposition. that will have destroyed belief and confidence and then the "winnable" games seem much more challenging.

people talk about the easy games coming up and how they will be our salvation. But before Boro and Bolton everyone was saying, there's a nailed on 6 points, that'll get us back in the mixer.

And look what happened. 2 points. No wins. 

Thats what is making my arse twitch.

And I think this is the worst Newcastle side to have existed since Ardiles was in charge. Which is an absolute disgrace given the transfer fees and wages lavished on our current crop of wastrels.

Blackburn match will tell us a lot, but ultimately the Fulham and Reading games are our route to safety.

We lost to Reading when we weren't under pressure, and were lucky as hell against Fulham. I wouldn't take wins against either as nailed on given our total lack of heart.

of course i want us to stay up, but i dont know why but part of me thinks we'll only be a good team again after going down. wed have a completely fresh start and hopefully all the deadwood would fuck off and keegan could build his own team. lets hope we stay up and they fuck off

Blackburn is absolutely crucial. Up until now, i think it's the most crucial game of the season. Boro was quite crucial but it didn't really tip us one way or the other; whereas i really think this one could do.

If we win this one, and play well, we'll go into the Liverpool one with confidence and although still probably lose, we'll be in better shape going into Reading/Fulham games. Also, practically, it's three vital points; and takes us away from the drop-zone, irrelevant of the mental situation.

If we lose, we'll lose to Liverpool aswell and the confidence will continue to depreciate and Fulham/Reading will be smacking their lips together, and they'll go into each games as slight favourites, potentially. It's another big fat zero and a further drop down the table, too. Leaving us perilously close. And we won't get results off the next ones, it'll be impossible.

If we draw, it still hangs in the balance but it's pretty pants.

Nail-biting. God we so desperately have to win.

Blackburn match will tell us a lot, but ultimately the Fulham and Reading games are our route to safety.

We lost to Reading when we weren't under pressure, and were lucky as hell against Fulham. I wouldn't take wins against either as nailed on given our total lack of heart.

No we weren't under pressure in those games, we were just completely playing into Readings hands with absolutely mental "tactics" instead, plus we were away from home.

of course i want us to stay up, but i dont know why but part of me thinks we'll only be a good team again after going down. wed have a completely fresh start and hopefully all the deadwood would fuck off and keegan could build his own team. lets hope we stay up and they fuck off

Getting relegated would finish us.

of course i want us to stay up, but i dont know why but part of me thinks we'll only be a good team again after going down. wed have a completely fresh start and hopefully all the deadwood would f*** off and keegan could build his own team. lets hope we stay up and they f*** off

Getting relegated would finish us.

Worked for Blackburn.

Yeah i agree 100%, we arent nailed on to win any games for the remainder of the season, our results so far this season show that.

Like most people have said, we are lucky there are a few worse teams than us this season. That is all that will save us. I think it will get very uncomfortable but we will just stay up by the skin of our teeth. God bless Reading, Derby and Fulham!

It is very worrying that Keegan keeps playing Smith up front and N'Zogbia at left back. Carroll was much more effective up front compared to Smith (although to be fair to Smith, he actually had a shot on goal that required saving for once). Get well soon Martins.