So......where is Enrique?

Zero

looks like one who enjoys going forward just as much as staying back. Still a lot of niggly deficiencies in his game that need to be worked out. But he's strong, pretty fast, and looking loaded with potential.

Look forward to seeing him develop.

looks like one who enjoys going forward just as much as staying back. Still a lot of niggly deficiencies in his game that need to be worked out. But he's strong, pretty fast, and looking loaded with potential.

Look forward to seeing him develop.

I think that's the key. Foreign players are generally slow to adapt to the Premier, Spaniards especially.

Frustrated with him in the first half, there was a period when he didn't even seem to look for a black and white shirt and just hoofed it as long as possible.

Did much better in the second half, looked much calmer and confident. More of the that, please!

Unless he improves his attacking side of the game and learns to find more space down the wing i cant actually see him being here long term, defensively i think he's absolutley excellent, theres part of me that think he might be effective in the centre as his judgement and strength is very good as is his composure.

However Keegan will surely be looking to utilise the attacking potential of our full backs and unless Enrique does learn that side fo his game i cant see keegan sticking with him for too long as it leaves the side a little ubalnanced.

Unless he improves his attacking side of the game and learns to find more space down the wing i cant actually see him being here long term, defensively i think he's absolutley excellent, theres part of me that think he might be effective in the centre as his judgement and strength is very good as is his composure.

However Keegan will surely be looking to utilise the attacking potential of our full backs and unless Enrique does learn that side fo his game i cant see keegan sticking with him for too long as it leaves the side a little ubalnanced.

his attacking side may flourish when he has confidence in those around him not to leave him exposed if he does go forward.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/03/24/sturdy-performance-gets-enrique-talking-72703-20666056/

Sturdy performance gets Enrique talking

Mar 24 2008 By Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

JOSE ENRIQUE today revealed his delight after Newcastle United finally ended their torrid run of poor form with a victory over Fulham.

The Spaniard and former La Liga star played out of his skin for the black-and-whites at St James’s Park and put in his best performance so far for the club since joining last summer from Villarreal.

Like the majority of United’s players this season, Enrique has suffered during Newcastle’s bad run, but the defender also had to master the English language after arriving in the Premier League with communication difficulties.

And with the player now on top of his early issues since his switch from El Madrigal, he emerged from the dressing room a happy man after the

2-0 win over the Cottagers.

He told the Chronicle: “It was a good win. We played like a team of winners against Fulham.

“It is good for our confidence now that we have won a game.

“For me it is very good that we won and it is also good for the whole team.

“We looked relaxed at 2-0 and we played like a team that was compact at the back.

“When it is 1-0 it can be difficult, but we got the second goal.

“Everybody was happy afterwards. It’s the same team of players who went 13 games with no win.

“The finishing line is in sight for us and everybody in the dressing room was very happy.

“As you would expect we are happy after not winning for so long.”

Enrique played for a Villarreal side who won their last eight fixtures last term in La Liga.

And while that task would be a steep one for Newcastle, the Valencia-born defender says settling into the team at least gives United a fighting chance of finishing on a high.

He added: “I feel I am getting better.

“For me it has been difficult at times.

“Having one game in the team and one game out is hard.

“To have a run of games is much better.

“It brings me a lot of confidence and little by little things are getting much better.

“For me the first thing you need to do is communicate and that’s hard for people to understand.

“Now I am learning English things are much better.”

Enrique was spraying the ball around with confidence on Saturday and showed why he was nicknamed ‘the Bull’ in La Liga.

His fine form also benefited Toon striker Oba Martins, who almost scored from a fine curling pass by Enrique.

He added: “Me and Oba have a perfect understanding. He is very quick. If I see him I can pick him up.”

Newcastle’s next fixture sees the Spaniard go face to face with another big personality from La Liga, Juande Ramos, as Newcastle travel to Tottenham on Sunday.

He said: “Spurs will be a difficult game for us because they have a very good manager.

“It’s a team that are playing with confidence and are doing much better now.”

Guest salva

Average, not a KK type full-back.

You think? For me is the best defender in our team, he is quickly, strong and his technical ir very good. The long pass and his distribution is the best in our team.

You know? For me is the best defender in our team, he is quickly, strong and his technical ir very good. The long pass and his distribution is the best in our team.

Beye for me like..

Guest salva

You know? For me is the best defender in our team, he is quickly, strong and his technical ir very good. The long pass and his distribution is the best in our team.

Beye for me like..

Beye is good for me too but his technical is no better than enrique and Beye is less strong than enrique. For me in mix Jose is better than Beye and Jose is only 22.

Jose imho will become a cracking player for us given the chance and with Chris Houghton there for guidance i think he will come on leaps and bounds,has good offensive and defensive abilities and tactical awareness and above all strength.

His technique when striking a football with his left can sometimes be staggering. The amount of times I've seen full backs who attempt to clear the ball as it runs out, slice it out means I almost consider it a given - it very rarely happens with Enrique. He really can hit a ball. He needs a lot of work mentally, but some aspects of his game do mean he's a player I would love to see get a proper run and some proper coaching to see what can be made of him.

Guest Stephen927

Starting to put together a couple of solid performances, with Fulham being his best game yet imo.

Perfect full-back for a 4-3-3. Solid defensively, knows how to put a decent ball in the box, and some of his passes over the top for Oba Martins were terrific.

Would be a shame for him not to do well here. Great potential and I hope he does well and cements that left back position as his own.

:clap:

I think Enrique is better than average. Take all first choice left backs in the league, and put them in order of who you would like most to be here at Newcastle, then I bet Enrique would be on 4th-6th place on most peoples lists. Im happy with that, as we arn't in a situation where we can attract players of Evra, Clichy and Cole's calibre. Best of all, he is still young and can develope even further.

Keep him, play him.

Guest Knightrider

I was probably being harsh with my average comment, he's technically very good but I don't think he's the type of player that KK will want to have in full-back positions as he's pretty slow and takes too many risks on the ball. He needs to speeden up his thought process, feet and the way he runs for my money.