So......where is Enrique?

Zero

I reckon Allardyce just bought him because he's tall. You may well laugh...

He isn't massively tall? only 6 foot.  Ramage is taller, so is Edgar.  Beye is also 6 foot.

I'm not saying he's s***. I'm just saying I could imagine it being part of Allardyce's 'logic' in getting him in. I'm not quite sure what point you're making with the other 3 players you mention though as none of them are left-backs.

I never said that you said he was shit.  :icon_scratch:

You suggest that Allardyce bought Enrique cause he is tall, just saying he isn't tall compared to other players who have played full back who are defenders here.

I'm saying I think he wanted a tall left-back because he likes tall defenders. Still not sure what you're saying :lol:

wasn't that rumoured to be why he didn't bid for baines in the summer?

what and then play n'zogbia at left back who is 5'7"?

rumoured...and to suggest it makes no sense suggests you missed allardyce's managerial tenure

Just pointing out that it would foolish for him to suggest Baines shouldn't be here cause he is short, then play someone who is the same height in N'Zogbia.

But he didn't sign N'Zogbia and I doubt he saw him as the long-term LB solution. He was playing N'Zogbia because he likes to ease foreign signings into the side rather than throwing them in at the deep end and he saw N'Zogbia as the best option at left-back in the meantime.

rumoured...and to suggest it makes no sense suggests you missed allardyce's managerial tenure

Just pointing out that it would foolish for him to suggest Baines shouldn't be here cause he is short, then play someone who is the same height in N'Zogbia.

But he didn't sign N'Zogbia and I doubt he saw him as the long-term LB solution. He was playing N'Zogbia because he likes to ease foreign signings into the side rather than throwing them in at the deep end and he saw N'Zogbia as the best option at left-back in the meantime.

then why not sign Baines and keep N'Zogbia on the wing!

Because Baines is too short.

Because he wanted a taller left back.....

Because he wanted a taller left back.....

i remember the talk at the time was about tall full backs...might have just been fuelled by his nicky hunt fascination though!!  anyways he signed beye and enrique in the end both taller than baines

Guest nufc_geordie

Enrique was pretty immense today I thought. Looked more confident than I've ever seen him.

He seems to be settling in at last. No coincidence that this has happened after a sustained run of games i the first team. Looks comfortable on the ball, positional play is sound and seems to be growing stronger and more commanding with games. Certainly like the look of the two full backs nowe, just need two new centre halves to fit in beside them for next season.

I know he missed a few passes, but his general confidence looks much higher and yesterday he didn't look like a startled rabbit for a change. Was definitely one of our better players, especially considering he had no real wide man in front of him.

I'm impressed by him. Him and Beye are solid fullbacks, pretty good defenders and always willing to go forward too. I can see them getting better with a settled team hopefully next season and being very good for us.

The thing that i noticed thought regarding Beye and Enrique as full backs is that Enrique never got/found the same sort of space that Beye did going forward. Cant figure out whether its down to him or whether Birmingham were just turing the screw down the left. Noticed a few times.

The thing that i noticed thought regarding Beye and Enrique as full backs is that Enrique never got/found the same sort of space that Beye did going forward. Cant figure out whether its down to him or whether Birmingham were just turing the screw down the left. Noticed a few times.

maybe it was because he had a winger, a full back and Joey Barton against him

Mainly because Geremi was offering a lot of support to the right but Barton was drifting inside more than sticking out left which is to be expected.

Mainly because Geremi was offering a lot of support to the right but Barton was drifting inside more than sticking out left which is to be expected.

Thing is though that ive noticed it in most games he's played, next time he plays take a look at his attacking side of the game. Beye gets forward a hell of a lot more than Enrique ever does.

He hasn't been excellent like. He's looked decent when he's played. People get so carried away on here.

I think after watching so many absolutely dire performances from so many Newcastle players, decent performances are lauded long and loud out of sheer relief.