Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

It's dead surprising the stuff got into the media when it came from a journalist.

Are you going to waste time with me Dave or not? mackems.gif

I didn't get it off him anyway, PM him and ask him if you like but I'm guessing you won't because you will have to admit I got it from somewhere else.

Hmm, broken record Baggio isn't as fun to argue with :nope:

I've lost interest now..  Think I'll go out with some friends instead.

Lost interest? :lol:

More like you can't continue because you know I'm right.

i'm pretty sure its not down to the speed we've moved like, we've been linked with him for what, a month? if we've thought about moving for 1 MONTH and not done anything about it, then thats pretty damn slow. maybe, just maybe, there are other reasons we've not signed him, or lyon and bolton haven't signed him (remember they were linked too and must be just as slow as we are).

but why should the truth get in the way of you baggio, its just an unneccicary obsticle to you, that gets in way.

We haven't signed him because Keegan's being a t*** and dragging his feet so he can get the experienced Premiership players he wants instead.

He's better than Crouch already but if he goes on to be a top player over the next few years and we're left with Crouch doing the f***ing robot then Keegan can f*** off.

Am I reading this right?

You want the club to sign players the manager doesn't want?

I'd rather the club went with Vetere's opinion rather than signing wank like Crouch, Kapo and Riise yes.

Same here. Keegan isn't bad in the transfer market but he's never going to do what Wenger does - he's usually wanting established stars and that's a limitation in many ways.

By going for 27 year olds you're getting yourself into a position where you will always have to buy players because others will be on the way down, with a bright young squad there will be times when you won't be desperate to strengthen so you can go out and spend all of the transfer budget on one position if you wish, instead of signing a few £6 million players to cover several positions as you're desperate to replace others.

It's a case of getting the balance right. One or two established players in key positions is fine, but a young squad with legs and their best years ahead of them is the right way to go. My concern is that Keegan isn't one for knowing the worldwide market and he should be using the expertise of Vetere who knows that job better.

I think the main problem is Keegan see's himself being here for 3 more years and that's it, I don't think he gives a shit if he leaves us with a bunch of past it players.

Keegan's never been one to build for the future which is understandable from his point of view. But we'll still be here in 3 years time so I'm with the long term vision of Ashley/Vetere on this one. I hope KK sees sense.

Maybe we have been busy going after someone else?

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=720764

Wow! That is a huge offer! I can't believe they turned it down. Don't really think we ought to offer more than that. It is a very fair offer.

Thats a real shame they turned it down as he would be a great option to replace Viduka. Very good, young and talented target man striker is Cardozo.

i'm pretty sure its not down to the speed we've moved like, we've been linked with him for what, a month? if we've thought about moving for 1 MONTH and not done anything about it, then thats pretty damn slow. maybe, just maybe, there are other reasons we've not signed him, or lyon and bolton haven't signed him (remember they were linked too and must be just as slow as we are).

but why should the truth get in the way of you baggio, its just an unneccicary obsticle to you, that gets in way.

We haven't signed him because Keegan's being a t*** and dragging his feet so he can get the experienced Premiership players he wants instead.

He's better than Crouch already but if he goes on to be a top player over the next few years and we're left with Crouch doing the f***ing robot then Keegan can f*** off.

Am I reading this right?

I'd rather the club went with Vetere's opinion rather than signing w*** like Crouch, Kapo and Riise yes.

Same here. Keegan isn't bad in the transfer market but he's never going to do what Wenger does - he's usually wanting established stars and that's a limitation in many ways.

:idiot2: No way should the club be buying players the manager doesn't want. It's just madness.

Unless you have a really pliable manager who's willing to have his team chosen for him it's just not going to work. The manager wont pick the player, the player will get pissed off, and we'll just end up having to sell him off on the cheap after paying his wages for doing nothing. Either that or get a new manager every year.

Am I reading this right?

I'd rather the club went with Vetere's opinion rather than signing w*** like Crouch, Kapo and Riise yes.

:idiot2: No way should the club be buying players the manager doesn't want. It's just madness.

Unless you have a really pliable manager who's willing to have his team chosen for him it's just not going to work. The manager wont pick the player, the player will get pissed off, and we'll just end up having to sell him off on the cheap after paying his wages for doing nothing. Either that or get a new manager every year.

It depends whose money is going to be spent on older, established stars who will be worth nowt in 3 years time. Keegan will collect his final pay cheque and wave goodbye, the club/Ashley will have to foot the bill to buy replacements. So unless KK wants to stump up £50m himself, I don't think he can complain if the club wants to buy up and coming players who will hold their value. To spend recklessly with a "who cares, I'm only here for 3 years " attitude would be madness.  :idiot2:

Am I reading this right?

It depends whose money is going to be spent on older, established stars who will be worth nowt in 3 years time. Keegan will collect his final pay cheque and wave goodbye, the club/Ashley will have to foot the bill to buy replacements. So unless KK wants to stump up £50m himself, I don't think he can complain if the club wants to buy up and coming players who will hold their value. To spend recklessly with a "who cares, I'm only here for 3 years " attitude would be madness.  :idiot2:

how can this still be under discussion at this stage?  this is how i see it;

a) KK was told about the clubs transfer intentions and chose to come back

b) KK wasn't told about the clubs transfer intentions and came back

if it was a) and he's now decided he's not happy with it then he needs to get to fuck as someone not being on board will only hold the club back

if it was b) then it depends on his reaction to the news now - one leads to the same conclusion as a) the other doesn't

there's nothing else to discuss - if as has been rumoured KK and the transfer team are at odds over the types of players we should be bringing in then it needs resolving, end of story

and Tron, that's a very mature and balanced way of looking at it, and i think you'll find it's more than likely exactly the methodology behind the new owners thinking

if KK can't work in that environment he'll have to go (i don't want him to before anyone starts)

Guest optimistic nit

Am I reading this right?

I'd rather the club went with Vetere's opinion rather than signing wank like Crouch, Kapo and Riise yes.

By going for 27 year olds you're getting yourself into a position where you will always have to buy players because others will be on the way down, with a bright young squad there will be times when you won't be desperate to strengthen so you can go out and spend all of the transfer budget on one position if you wish, instead of signing a few £6 million players to cover several positions as you're desperate to replace others.

It's a case of getting the balance right. One or two established players in key positions is fine, but a young squad with legs and their best years ahead of them is the right way to go. My concern is that Keegan isn't one for knowing the worldwide market and he should be using the expertise of Vetere who knows that job better.

I think the main problem is Keegan see's himself being here for 3 more years and that's it, I don't think he gives a shit if he leaves us with a bunch of past it players.

actually i think that fits in with keegan's reputation as being a mercenary only in the game for the money and a very selfish manager.

oh wait..

If it was (b) then we're f***ed. If Ashley's going to lie to or mislead the manager then we're never going to be able to get a decent manager to stay for any length of time, and I don't care how many promising young talented players we manage to sign, if we stick with that policy only we're always going to be a mid table side at best acting as a feeder club to those with ambition*.

Edit: * That's the ambition to win things, not just the ambition to make a tidy profit.

If it was (b) then we're f***ed. If Ashley's going to lie to or mislead the manager then we're never going to be able to get a decent manager to stay for any length of time, and I don't care how many promising young talented players we manage to sign, if we stick with that policy only we're always going to be a mid table side at best acting as a feeder club to those with ambition*.

Edit: * That's the ambition to win things, not just the ambition to make a tidy profit.

can't say i disagree - keegan needs to be allowed to sign at least SOME of his own targets but i understand, as Tron says, if the board are saying you're not paying 10m+ for a 30 year old

we need a balance between the two - SWP for instance or Dunne would be reasonable targets for us to move for, that calibre of player for decent fees

that sort of thing, plus some kids for the unknown factor would be the ideal balance...arsenal have the best youngsters around but they couldn't beat the nouse that man u and chelski's more experienced players had

saying to KK you're not getting anyone above 'XX' years old regardless of price would be suicide

look at spurs - if i were them at the moment i'd be shitting myself about their midfield as they've no experience coming in just kids, what experience they do have basically isn't that good

At the end of the day, whoever is paying the money for these players has every right to want players who'll hold their value. If it was my money I'd want that. Even though I have backed Keegan when many here didn't, I don't see how we can tell someone how to spend their money. The money will come from Ashley unless KK is planning on buying shares so there's only one person who can decide how it's spent.

can't say i disagree - keegan needs to be allowed to sign at least SOME of his own targets but i understand, as Tron says, if the board are saying you're not paying 10m+ for a 30 year old

we need a balance between the two - SWP for instance or Dunne would be reasonable targets for us to move for, that calibre of player for decent fees

that sort of thing, plus some kids for the unknown factor would be the ideal balance...arsenal have the best youngsters around but they couldn't beat the nouse that man u and chelski's more experienced players had

saying to KK you're not getting anyone above 'XX' years old regardless of price would be suicide

look at spurs - if i were them at the moment i'd be shitting myself about their midfield as they've no experience coming in just kids, what experience they do have basically isn't that good

Seriously man I think you are underestimating KK.

If they want him, but have stalled until he's played for France, scored for France, signed a new deal for his current club and is on the verge of playing in the European Championships, something is seriously wrong. :undecided:

See that Toon's Taylor? :razz:

If they want him, but have stalled until he's played for France, scored for France, signed a new deal for his current club and is on the verge of playing in the European Championships, something is seriously wrong. :undecided:

mackems.gif

only way it could make sense is if Gomis has told us he would sign for us

If he's told us that, then he's screwed us on behalf of St. Etienne.

The story is probably bollocks.

If he's told us that, then he's screwed us on behalf of St. Etienne.

The story is probably bollocks.

in all seriousness 10m... is quite lots of money... no way st etienne could not be tempted. maybe we'll lose if top 4 splash in cash