Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

I thought we had already made a bid for him and at more than £10mill? see how much shite gets printed, but if Wenger is sniffing around him then we will have no hope not to mention the fact that Gomis would prefer to move to an Italian club.

Fingers crossed anyway, we can hope.

Guest f***thepress

Hate to be cynical but is it coincidence that season renewals dropped on peoples mats this morning?

Hate to be cynical but is it coincidence that season renewals dropped on peoples mats this morning?

Maybe not. Though Oliver doesn't have the contacts within the club that he used to, so I can't really see us approaching him for a favour.

Putting in low bids knowing that they will be rejected to try and look like were doing something. Did this in the winter window with Barnes as well, doesn't fool me.

no doubt everyone will get excited when we bid 50p for C. Ronaldo.

Eh?  Thought this lad signed a new deal with SE?

It has been known for players to sign a contract out of loyalty to their club so that the seller can make more money (plus the player gets a signing on fee bonus).

heres your answer

It could be that we bid £10m for him 4 weeks ago when our interest was first reported and that our offer remains on the table.

St Etienne will then do everything possible to try and up his value eg. sign him to a new long term deal, wait until the end or the Euros when his value might have increased.

Teams would be daft to accept any offer before the tournament for a player who could potentially make a name for himself on such a big stage - Gomis, Veloso, Turan, Derdiyok etc.

It could be possible that Anal does know people within the club and that we have actually bid 10m for him...........

naaaa.

I'm sorry but to suggest that a Jorno who's sole job has been to report on NUFC for the past 20 something years, doesn't have contacts within the club, is just plain stupid.

Of course he does but unlike under the previous ownership where he was being spoon fed stories, his supply line to the really important people within the club has dried up. That's not to say he's not still hearing the odd snipet. This one may have been 'leaked' by the club in order to get the fans on side, they probably can sense a little anxiousness amongst us. It could also be a smoke screen, to divert attention from another target.

NUFC's use of the press is not as predictable as it once was. Ashley doesn't have too many friends in the media so it's dificult to determine what tactics he's using, if any.

Guest michaelfoster

It could be possible that Anal does know people within the club and that we have actually bid 10m for him...........

Alan's having an affair with the tea lady iirc

What annoys me is that people are saying the fans are getting anxious, which is utter bollocks.

It's just some of the forum users and transfer whores who make a drama every day about not having signed someone. I haven't spoke to one person outside this forum who is in anyway worried about our "lack" of transfer activity.

It's all bollocks and the sensible ones amongst us know that.

Guest mobiius

naaaa.

I'm sorry but to suggest that a Jorno who's sole job has been to report on NUFC for the past 20 something years, doesn't have contacts within the club, is just plain stupid.

Of course he does but unlike under the previous ownership where he was being spoon fed stories, his supply line to the really important people within the club has dried up. That's not to say he's not still hearing the odd snipet. This one may have been 'leaked' by the club in order to get the fans on side, they probably can sense a little anxiousness amongst us. It could also be a smoke screen, to divert attention from another target.

NUFC's use of the press is not as predictable as it once was. Ashley doesn't have too many friends in the media so it's dificult to determine what tactics he's using, if any.

I think that anyone found giving Anal oliverSION any little snippets will find themselves in a bit of bother with the club it was after all iirc anal who leaked the fact to all and sundry we were after modric. Did pedro and co not refer to Anal as a cunt of the highest order at a recent talk in.i personally think that regardless of his years reporting on the toon and numerous exclusives his contact situation is now on a purely ntk basis and nothing more. But having said that i think there might be a bit of smoke screen if the club has intentionally leaked the story. i did note that the Scumderland echo (shite shite shite shite)hadput thestory out before the Chronic was printed.