Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

What's happened in the 6 months since we signed a load of quality players?

http://news.images.itv.com/image/file/220499/article_1b59cbd7caf94c5e_1371545576_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

I doubt any potential signings will even know who he is and if they are moving from France I'm sure the extra thousands a week would help them get over it :)

For those who've seen him more than me, is he worth that?

No, but considering the alternatives are Shola and Campbell, do we have option?

Pretty sure there are more forwards out there.

Don't get me wrong, if we signed him I would be excited as he sounds better than our other options but I don't like this 'well he is better than we already have!' idea.

Bal 99 ‏@Olimas99 1h

RMC annonce que Newcastle a fait une offre de 10 millions d'euros pour Gomis #OL #TeamOL #NUFC

Retweeted by André Jobé

Expand

In English ffs.

Longer it goes on the more desperate we become the more clubs know this so the greater the fee's will be. Our fkn penny pinching and this obsession about getting a bargain is really starting to come back and bite us.

Even a fair deal does not seem to be good enough for them, if its not us getting the upper hand we walk, its bastard soul destroying.

Bal 99 ‏@Olimas99 1h

RMC annonce que Newcastle a fait une offre de 10 millions d'euros pour Gomis #OL #TeamOL #NUFC

Retweeted by André Jobé

Expand

In English ffs.

RMC announce that Newcastle offered 10 million euros for Gomis? (not knowing a word of French)

No, but considering the alternatives are Shola and Campbell, do we have option?

Pretty sure there are more forwards out there.

Don't get me wrong, if we signed him I would be excited as he sounds better than our other options but I don't like this 'well he is better than we already have!' idea.

I know, but it is Shola.  Shola.  Shola! Shola Ameobi leading the line for the coming season!  Come on man this is fucking ridiculous.

I'd say £8 million is a fair valuation of his ability but not with his contract situation etc.

Yeah that is probably fair, i would imagine we could get them down to below 6m but considering the situation i would say we are in no position to f*ck around.

Especially with Cisse's situation too.

I'd say £8 million is a fair valuation of his ability but not with his contract situation etc.

Yeah that is probably fair, i would imagine we could get them down to below 6m but considering the situation i would say we are in no position to f*ck around.

Especially with Cisse's situation too.

Yeah. He's a good player who I think will be well-suited to the league and can bring some much-needed qualities to our striking pool, if we get him in.