Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

Not a chance in hell that Gomis is worth £8m, regardless of the years left of his contract!

Gary Hooper, £4m. Easy.

Four years you've been banging that drum. :lol:

Hooper's better than any of the striker's we've been linked with. I'm banging the drum because I'm right ;-)

Not a chance in hell that Gomis is worth £8m, regardless of the years left of his contract!

Gary Hooper, £4m. Easy.

Hooper's better than any of the striker's we've been linked with. I'm banging the drum because I'm right ;-)

:thup:

Gary Hooper, £4m. Easy.

Gary Hooper has been playing in a league in which Motherwell who we possed last week finished runners up.

Shola would score 40 goals a season in that league man.

Guest bimpy474

Gary Hooper. :lol:

Ahh, so you've hardly seen Gomis play, but laugh at a different suggestion. Go on then, let's hear your expert opinion of Hooper then. Assume you've seen him play a couple of times?

Well Ron ? :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/egkbGEF.png

For those who've seen him more than me, is he worth that?

I'd say £8 million is a fair valuation of his ability but not with his contract situation etc.

He's worth 6-8M in my opinion and I'm basing this off the fact I've followed his career since we first were linked with him when he was at St. Etienne.

6M is probably the true value but due to our current striker situation, I'd be fine paying 2M over that to secure him now and get him going.

That being said, If we could do a deal that involved 8M each for Gomis and Remy that would be fine business in my eyes to get 2 strikers for 16M.

I'd say £8 million is a fair valuation of his ability but not with his contract situation etc.

He's worth 6-8M in my opinion and I'm basing this off the fact I've followed his career since we first were linked with him when he was at St. Etienne.

6M is probably the true value but due to our current striker situation, I'd be fine paying 2M over that to secure him now and get him going.

That being said, If we could do a deal that involved 8M each for Gomis and Remy that would be fine business in my eyes to get 2 strikers for 16M.

Do people honestly do that? Bit weird....

Hooper is crap..... there's a reason championship sides are in for him.

Besides even if he wasn't how is he going to compliment Cisse or less do anything with the long balls?

Which is why its imperative we sign a target man.

Which is why i'm utterly against Bent because he does neither.

You need to think, simply buying strikers isn't going to fix the lack of goals you have to get the right type which suits how the team plays and is set up.

Er...

Guest bimpy474

Besides even if he wasn't how is he going to compliment Cisse or less do anything with the long balls?

You need to think, simply buying strikers isn't going to fix the lack of goals you have to get the right type which suits how the team plays and is set up.

I despair at your post Mole, not because of what it says. It's the fact we are resigned to signing players to suit Pardew's hoofball tactics :(

Guest bimpy474

Er...

I was trying to find a gif :lol:

I despair at your post Mole, not because of what it says. It's the fact we are resigned to signing players to suit Pardew's hoofball tactics :(

Even if we weren't all about the hoof, I'd want someone who can compliment Cisse far better than Gary Hooper or Darren Bent. I don't see the point in having more than 1 of them kids on the pitch.

Guest bimpy474

Even if we weren't all about the hoof, I'd want someone who can compliment Cisse far better than Gary Hooper or Darren Bent. I don't see the point in having more than 1 of them kids on the pitch.

I get that, it's just the primary ability of the striker we need to sign is making something of the hoofs, just makes me sad is all.

I agree Bimpy but at this point we either get someone who can make our game under Pardew effective and achieve some sort of success or we become broken and without direction like last season.

It is sad that with all that technical talent that we have to resort to this but its better than last season served up s*** of hoof and have the ball come back again and again.

There's nowt wrong with getting a targetman, it doesn't automatically make it impossible to play decent football if Pardew's given the heave-ho and currently it's not working so not worth persevering with.  Whether that means 2 up front or whatever I don't know, seems like Cisse's on his way anyway so not necessarily.