Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

Will this be one of Keegas chosen targets or a Wise targets he's gone to see?

It's too early to tell yet, if he becomes a good player for us it'll be Keegan's player but if he turns out shite it will be Wise, Mort and Ashley's player.

Isn't he valued at about £20m? Think we will need to wait a couple of seasons before we have squad players like that :D

Hehe, no Gejon, not even near that kind of money i cant imagine atm anyway. A while ago he played really well for his club in france and also for the national team and there were rumours that Toulouse wanted silly money for him. Then there was many clubs interested in him so i guess they put a high price on him. But if a club put in a bid of like around £8m for him now i think that club would get the offer accepted..

Fair enough, £8m is still a bit steep at the moment. Give it a season :D

hehe yeah i agree, i meant more like, for that kind of money i would rather add some more and get a even better player for the first team.

I've got a sneaky feeling that he will sign for us next week. This is not ITK or anything, just a gut-feeling I've got :razz:

Are you sure you don't just need to drop a deuce?

Guest LondonMag

Just been named in the provisional French squad for the Euros! Few interesting selections, no Clichy or Trezeguet!

Will raise his price tag in couple of millions

Just been named in the provisional French squad for the Euros! Few interesting selections, no Clichy or Trezeguet!

Will raise his price tag in couple of millions

He was already meant to be at £13 million

Quote from the St-Etienne owner this afternoon.

"He's not for sale. Even if Marseille arrived with three lorries full of notes, he won't be going. He's ready to stay here a little bit longer before he goes to England."

http://www.equipe.fr/Football/breves2008/20080520_124639_gomis-et-feindouno-restent_Dev.html

It doesn't really mean anything, how many times have you heard someone is not for sale until the money is dangled in front of their face.

Quote from the St-Etienne owner this afternoon.

"He's not for sale. Even if Marseille arrived with three lorries full of notes, he won't be going. He's ready to stay here a little bit longer before he goes to England."

http://www.equipe.fr/Football/breves2008/20080520_124639_gomis-et-feindouno-restent_Dev.html

It doesn't really mean anything, how many times have you heard someone is not for sale until the money is dangled in front of their face.

Sounds like he just doesn't want to sell to Marseille but would prefer to sell Gomis abroad instead.

Could be hoping he'll get a chance to make an impact in the Euros. What's the French pecking order like? I assume Anelka and Benzema would be ahead of him anyway. Who else?

Most likely they just don't want to sell him to a rival so they're looking to wait until an English club comes in with an offer.

Could be hoping he'll get a chance to make an impact in the Euros. What's the French pecking order like? I assume Anelka and Benzema would be ahead of him anyway. Who else?

Most likely they just don't want to sell him to a rival so they're looking to wait until an English club comes in with an offer.

Terry Henry