Newcastle 0 - 1 Blackburn Rovers - 01/03/08 - Post match reaction from page 20

James

Reading back through the match thread, some of you need to hang your head in shame.

We played well and were unlucky. End of story.

There was NO ONE to blame for the defeat today.

Kevin Keegan?

What did Keegan do wrong like?

Picked Barton, Smith and Duff.

Who should have played instead of Barton? (Butt was the weaker of the two today for a start)

He wasn't like. I'm no fan of Nicky Butt but apart from those two admittedly super passes for Owen (Butt put one in too), Barton was diabolical. Looks totally incapable of keeping possession whenever he gets it.

Butt was dreadful man, particularly in the first half.  Never with 5 yards of the man with the ball, unless it was one of our players in our half.  Said it earlier on, he's playing the "anonymous Jenas" role in our midfield.  Doesn't cut anything out

Reading back through the match thread, some of you need to hang your head in shame.

Kevin Keegan?

Who should have played instead of Barton? (Butt was the weaker of the two today for a start)

Geremi

Geremi hasn't strung two good games together since the preseason friendlies.

Barton's yet to manage one though.

I'd agree but according to Liam O he made two good passes today so he's much better than Nicky Butt.

So you'd play Butt and Geremi in midfield?  I'll get my map for Colchester out now then for August.  If Owen had stuck those two chances away Barton wouldn't be getting half the stick he is on here.

Kevin Keegan?

He wasn't like. I'm no fan of Nicky Butt but apart from those two admittedly super passes for Owen (Butt put one in too), Barton was diabolical. Looks totally incapable of keeping possession whenever he gets it.

Butt was dreadful man, particularly in the first half.  Never with 5 yards of the man with the ball, unless it was one of our players in our half.  Said it earlier on, he's playing the "anonymous Jenas" role in our midfield.  Doesn't cut anything out

Oh I agree he's absolute shit, but so is Barton.

Have you seen that X-Files where the Navajo Indians bring Mulder back from the dead? I'm going to go round Emre's with that DVD and see what I can do.

Guest Erich von Manstein

Kevin Keegan?

Geremi

I'd agree but according to Liam O he made two good passes today so he's much better than Nicky Butt.

So you'd play Butt and Geremi in midfield?  I'll get my map for Colchester out now then for August.  If Owen had stuck those two chances away Barton wouldn't be getting half the stick he is on here.

He probably would, based on the fact he is fucking shite.

Kevin Keegan?

Geremi

you looked at the championship table recently?

Kevin Keegan?

Geremi

He probably would, based on the fact he is fucking shite.

Good argument.  You win.

you looked at the championship table recently?

Clearly not :lol: Doncaster it is then

SHIT !! I know that was a joke but think about it... it could happen. I went cold.

Or Leeds

Press would love that fixture wouldnt they ?

I've only just mustered up the heart to log back on.

I've just read the last few pages and I'm happy someone agrees with me that if Zoggy and Martins had started we would have won this game no problem.

Keegan isn't helping himself if he is relying on Duff and Owen. Like I said in another thread, apart from just not getting the job done, they are two of the most dissapointingly weak and frail individuals ever. They fall over and get pushed around all game, and it just sets the tone for our attack being largely toothless.

The energy and drive of both Martins and Zoggy would make a huge improvement not just productively but psychologically too.They will do things that lift the crowd and their fellow players just by being more physical and aggressive in general.

I don't understand why people can't see this.

Guest NUFCGator

Had work all day, just finished watching this. I really think god hates us all. It's the only explanation I have left for what I go through each weekend.

I've just read the last few pages and I'm happy someone agrees with me that if Zoggy and Martins had started we would have won this game no problem.

Keegan isn't helping himself if he is relying on Duff and Owen. Like I said in another thread, apart from just not getting the job done, they are two of the most dissapointingly weak and frail individuals ever. They fall over and get pushed around all game, and it just sets the tone for our attack being largely toothless.

The energy and drive of both Martins and Zoggy would make a huge improvement not just productively but psychologically too.They will do things that lift the crowd and their fellow players just by being more physical and aggressive in general.

Because you're talking a load of fucking bullshit once again. What you're doing is thinking of the chances Owen missed, putting Martins in that situation without realising that he'd recieve the pass alright but it'd be 5 yards behind where Owen was and he'd be at walking pace. I was as fucked off as anyone with Owen when he missed those two clear cut chances but you're kidding yourself if you think we'd have won the game no problem if Martins was upfront. When was the last time you saw Martins latching onto passes like the ones Barton put through for Owen?  mackems.gif We do need Martins back in the side but it's for his reputation more than anything, it's the comparison with Owen that got me. He never uses his pace effectively for fuck sake, I've got a hell of a lot more time for Owen than Martins because he uses what he's got to the best of his ability. Martins doesn't. He reacts after the ball has gone, someone plays it THEN he'll run, that's Martins. One step behind most of the time.

And yes, because Oba and N'Zogbia are such towers of strength, bullying defenders left right and centre.  :rolleyes: Owen puts himself about just as much as Martins. 

in all my years of watching the toon I have never seen anyone get caught in possesion as much as Barton.

I had high hopes for the lad but he's been gash. 2 through balls don't excuse the other 89 mins of complete ineptitude.

He just can't cut it in top flight football and needs to be taken out of the side.

Barton was awful but did put Owen through. We didn't win 'cos Owen missed a host of chances & his finishing on the ground has been abysmal all season. Don't blame anyone else for this defeat. 17M should get you a player who is able to take at least 1 chance in 5.

Guest Brazilianbob

The only reason why we would go down is the bunch of headless chicken fans running around screaming RELEGATION RELEGATION!!

I'm still fully behind King Kev and everyone in their right mind should be.

Got a feeling we'll nick 3 points at anfield. Now that would shut every f****** kneejerktastic fan up

You are only eight years old aren't you?  Only a child would think we are not in dire trouble!

Guest iliketoonarmy

Because you're talking a load of f****** bullshit once again. What you're doing is thinking of the chances Owen missed, putting Martins in that situation without realising that he'd recieve the pass alright but it'd be 5 yards behind where Owen was and he'd be at walking pace. I was as f***** off as anyone with Owen when he missed those two clear cut chances but you're kidding yourself if you think we'd have won the game no problem if Martins was upfront. When was the last time you saw Martins latching onto passes like the ones Barton put through for Owen?  mackems.gif We do need Martins back in the side but it's for his reputation more than anything, it's the comparison with Owen that got me. He never uses his pace effectively for f*** sake, I've got a hell of a lot more time for Owen than Martins because he uses what he's got to the best of his ability. Martins doesn't. He reacts after the ball has gone, someone plays it THEN he'll run, that's Martins. One step behind most of the time.

And yes, because Oba and N'Zogbia are such towers of strength, bullying defenders left right and centre.  :rolleyes: Owen puts himself about just as much as Martins. 

Obviously you were not watching most games when Martins played.In fact he has made a lot of passes like the ones Barton put through for Owen.Do not ask me what matches because if you are a fan,go and search for them!

And when was the last time you see Bartons passed those ball through to Owen?OMG yesterday and that was the only match he played well since he joined the toon.People tend to be forgetful so I am not surprise they forget how Martins saved us from relegation last season.

in all my years of watching the toon I have never seen anyone get caught in possesion as much as Barton.

I had high hopes for the lad but he's been gash. 2 through balls don't excuse the other 89 mins of complete ineptitude.

He just can't cut it in top flight football and needs to be taken out of the side.

Can't be bothered reading through 31 pages so apologies if said before. Look on the bright side Barton can't play against Liverpool next week so at least that's him out of the team. Now, any ideas how to get Smith out.... answers on a postcard to a Mr K

i think this will knock the confidence more than the recent twattings we've taken.

we can't do much more than we did today, and to come away defeated will f****** kill them

True. I've no idea how Keegan will lift them now. We've done everything but win today.

Very easily, he's say "you played very well today and were incredbly unlucky, keep playing like that and you have to start winning".

The majority of the posts here make me absolutely sick, its just a testement to the reactionary nature of so many Newcastle fans.  One minute they say we're playing really well, the next we concede a sucker punch goal and all of a sudden we're hopeless, s*** and have no desire to win.  How did we create so many chances with no f****** desire to win?  There are actually some people here asking for Keegan to be sacked because Owen and co missed numerous good chances and a slip up late on caused us to concede a goal.. bizarre.  Had we converted one of the plethora of chances we had in the game the same people would be happy with Keegan... its as if some people think Keegan personally controls everything every one of our players does on the field..

i thnk some people are losing sight of the fact that we were all over blackburn yesterday. for gods sake it was a million times better than the previous weeks when we couldnt create a chance if our lives depended on it.

saying that if confidence is this low then i think we are in real trouble, i would have ha my mortgage on mickey o putting those chances away like

The player ratings in today's NOTW man, Jesus wept. You have to wonder if people who write these even watch us at times. Beye, Faye and Enrique all got 5s were as Taylor managed to get a 7. Owen got a 7 also despite him missing 4 chances, in the words of the paper.  :idiot2: