Today's other games

Guest kingdawson

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Jimmy Bullard free kick goal for Fulham in the 89th.

They are getting a point from Blackburn, to be sure.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7285393.stm

Ferguson furious after Cup exit

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson pointed an accusing finger at referee Martin Atkinson after the FA Cup quarter-final defeat by Portsmouth.

Ferguson felt United had a penalty turned down when Sylvain Distin blocked Cristiano Ronaldo, before Sulley Muntari's late winner from the spot.

He told MUTV: "It's absolutely ridiculous. I cannot explain it.

"Managers get sacked because of things like that and he's going to referee a game next week."

United had substitute keeper Tomasz Kuszczak, on at half-time for injured Edwin van Der Sar, sent off for a foul on Milan Baros that led to Muntari's 78th minute spot-kick.

Ferguson added: "Keith Hackett (general manager of the Professional Game Match Officials Board) has got a lot to answer for in this country. He's not doing his job properly.

"He should be assessed like everyone else is assessed. I'm assessed as a manager, the players are assessed, referees are assessed. Martin Atkinson will referee next week, no problem. But his performance today should not be accepted in our game.

"I agree with Sepp Blatter, the standards in our game as opposed to the Continent, the tolerance level, is behind Europe. I think it's a big problem."

Ferguson said after his side's hopes of repeating their 1999 treble were extinguished: "The game was decided by the decision not to give us a penalty. They had great confidence to hang on knowing the referee was on their side.

"Lassana Diarra had eight or nine fouls in the match. It's incredible. I've got to agree with Arsene Wenger. Someone is going to get a serious injury in our game. He's had one himself with Eduardo.

"It's not a nice thing to talk about but, the treatment Ronaldo is getting, I'm worried about him.

"Keith Hackett is in a nice, comfortable position and does nothing really. I don't think he makes a contribution to the referees' performances in our country.

"That should be addressed. He's not doing his job properly. That guy will go and referee next week no problem. You see his favourites always get the games and that's disappointing."

Don't see him moaning about the refs when they get away with as much as they do.

Load of shite. We're on our holidays. Unfortunately for you I think we're turning into one of them teams that everyone wants to play at the end of the season cos they can't really be arsed with it. And we still have to go to Bolton, Birmingham, Sunderland and Middlesbrough. I can't say I'd be confident of winning any of them atm. Current team was barely working with Petrov in it, not working at all without him. We need a rethink but really were playing for next season. :doh:

Load of shite. We're on our holidays. Unfortunately for you I think we're turning into one of them teams that everyone wants to play at the end of the season cos they can't really be arsed with it. And we still have to go to Bolton, Birmingham, Sunderland and Middlesbrough. I can't say I'd be confident of winning any of them atm. Current team was barely working with Petrov in it, not working at all without him. We need a rethink but really were playing for next season. :doh:

That's been my worry for a while when looking at other team's fixtures. You were there for the taking at our place and we put in a shambolic effort. People seem to be forgetting results and performances like that while tripping over themselves to have a go at KK.