Today's other games

Guest kingdawson

See also April 27th, Everton v Villa.

I'm going to be punching redial the day those tickets go on sale. Although, in fairness, a lot of football to play between now and then.

I'll be quite happy to see a gap develop between us and the teams behind us rather than worry about Everton or Liverpool ahead of us (and, to be honest, i still think your neighbours will take 4th). At least there is something worth watching in the PL this season.

:rolleyes:

Try ring back, its easier.

What is this ringback thing of which you speak, Mick?

What telephone company do you use?

You can normally press a button on your phone if you ring an engaged number and it rings you both as soon as the line is free.

See also April 27th, Everton v Villa.

I'm going to be punching redial the day those tickets go on sale. Although, in fairness, a lot of football to play between now and then.

I'll be quite happy to see a gap develop between us and the teams behind us rather than worry about Everton or Liverpool ahead of us (and, to be honest, i still think your neighbours will take 4th). At least there is something worth watching in the PL this season.

:rolleyes:

Try ring back, its easier.

What is this ringback thing of which you speak, Mick?

What telephone company do you use?

You can normally press a button on your phone if you ring an engaged number and it rings you both as soon as the line is free.

BT.

Never heard of that. Or "corn rows". Must be getting old.

Moyes' record in the transfer market is spot on.

Howard, Yobo, Jagielka, Lescott, Cahill, Arteta, Baines all brought in for modest fees. He's also brought on a few young lads through the youth system. He's got a nice blend of grafters and flair. Youth and experience. Solid, well organised and full of running.

Genuinely hope they get 4th to break the monotony.

everton are a very very good team now.

remind me of us under bobby

We were much, much more entertaining under SBR.

Aye. They are what i hoped we could be under SA.

mackems.gif Is that you in your signature?

I don't really see what's so funny about that comment. ???

Defensive winning football, same type of formation, same kind of ethics, very similar styles imo, i was hoping of a Moyes type revival for SA here, but it didn't work.

Again i can't see why you are being a smary arse about it tbh.

We're not playing defensive football. Definitely nothing like any Allardyce team I've seen, we're not playing percentage football. Some of the interplay between Cahill, Pienaar and Yakubu was absolutely fantastic today  and we've been playing positive football all season.

The only thing that is similar is the formation, the personnel used in the formation is very different. Allardyce used to have a much more solid, defensive minded midfield set up.

The negative style under Moyes used to be my gripe with him but that ship has sailed now. I'm staggered at the amount of people I see on forums who say we play a physical or defensive game. It's ridiculous.

I can only assume they don't actually watch much football outside their own team and rely on tabloid stereotypes for their opinions.

You are one of the most defensive minded boring teams in the league, its not a criticism like Bolton, but something to admire, because you do it with some style.

Today's match, for two teams fighting for 5th, was a bore fest. Terrible football, boring game. HT was the highlight for me.

Hope you get 4th like 95% of England, but fuk me i've not seen an entertaining game from Everton for a long time.

You were going to sing the roof off and do what Spurs did the the League Cup, it turned out to be a funeral.

NUFC fan is a fine one to talk  :lol: but, you are winning, and whatever kind of winning you can defend against, in truth i don't find it that appealing, but its better than losing.

Give my right arm to be Everton right now.

everton are a very very good team now.

remind me of us under bobby

Nothing alike.

i'm not so much talking about style of play, more the way they are going on, havnt signed any superstars, just good steady players, with a good mixture of youth and experience, pace and a bit of flair, and are rattling up the league, shocking a few people, and sweeping good sides around them aside

not too different if you ask me.

i'll await your view though

Glen Johnson having a great game.

Really done well since joining Pompy.

Remember a lot of people on here calling him all sorts, always thought he had a talent, regular football in a competitive side is sorting out the niggles within him.

You are one of the most defensive minded boring teams in the league

I gave up reading there. Absolute nonsense.

earlier in the season you were moaning about moyes and the state everton were in, weren't you? ;D

wish we'd signed Diarra, could've been in our midfield for the next 10 years.

Hes been awesome today. Reads things well, quick to the ball, very strong, good ball control, doesnt waste possession. Looks like he'll be an excellent bargain at £5m, considering Hargreaves and Mascherano will have cost £17m each.