Today's other games

Guest kingdawson

The only problem with the magic of the FA Cup is all the 'magic of the FA Cup' bollocks, it does my head in. That's not to say I dislike giant-killings.

Usually it is, the magic of a club getting to the 4th round only to get twatted is not a lot of magic, but this year has been astonishing. Never thought I'd see an FA Cup like this, the way things have been going in football. No team outside the top 4 has won it since 1995, that's how boring it's become. This year has blown that to pieces.

The only problem with the magic of the FA Cup is all the 'magic of the FA Cup' bollocks, it does my head in. That's not to say I dislike giant-killings.

I love the way they're going on endlessly about the magic of the FA Cup being proved this year, when we've had nigh on 20 years of uninterrupted, soul crushing predictability.

im very excited about this years cup final, its going to be great to see.

i cant remember the last time a final didnt contain one of the top 4?

I reckon Arsenal-Wednesday in 1993. 10th vs 7th.

Millwall?

Edit: Ah right, I see what you mean now.  :blush:

Millwall?

Eh?

Millwall?

Eh?

Read my edit Speedy Gonzalez.

Usually it is, the magic of a club getting to the 4th round only to get twatted is not a lot of magic, but this year has been astonishing. Never thought I'd see an FA Cup like this, the way things have been going in football. No team outside the top 4 has won it since 1995, that's how boring it's become. This year has blown that to pieces.

Thing is... even that "No team outside the top 4 since whenever" stuff is misleading. Chelsea won it twice I think when they weren't truly one of the big boys.

West Ham where what 2 minutes away from winning it? That final was magical in itself. So many twists and turns, lucky goals and wonder goals to boot

Guest marky555

Mark Bright is a cock like, most pointless comments ever.

One thing that has really surprised me about the coverage of this game is the fact Ian Holloway is one of the pundits.

His side are having a fucking nightmare down at the wrong end of the table, very possible they could be relegated, fair enough they got a decent result at home to Bristol City yesterday, but I think its wrong on so many levels that he's at that game when his team have a MASSIVE game against fellow strugglers Southampton on Tuesday and he's doin a bit of work for the BBC.

He should be focused and concentrating on that rather than watch his beloved Bristol Rovers, fair enough he might have had them in this morning but still, think its incredibly wrong.

Although Leicester are playing West Brom on Saturday I still think he should be looking at the next game in hand as the West Brom is a no hoper really.

Similar situation yesterday, Wolves had the weekend off and Mick Mcarthy was doing his bit for the BBC when his team are playing away at Preston on Tuesday, surely he should have been watching them play at Charlton yesterday?

Alan Irvine - Preston manager, his team get a crucial away win at Charlton yesterday, and what does he do? Gets them in training at 9am this morning ahead of their big game against Wolves on Tuesday, now thats what Mick and Ian Holloway should be doing not sitting all smiley faced in a fucking BBC gantry.

If we had a 6 pointer on Tuesday night and Keegan was working for the media, I know that I for one would be absolutely disgusted.

Anyone agree?

Millwall?

Edit: Ah right, I see what you mean now.  :blush:

Its like that nickle riddle from Scrubs.

Thing is... even that "No team outside the top 4 since whenever" stuff is misleading. Chelsea won it twice I think when they weren't truly one of the big boys.

West Ham where what 2 minutes away from winning it? That final was magical in itself. So many twists and turns, lucky goals and wonder goals to boot

First part is spot on. The 'big 4' only came into existence with Abramovich, Chelsea were a big side but not consistent top 4 finishers when they won it.