Today's other games

Guest kingdawson

I hope he does sign for us, we need a fullback that gets up and down like he does.

Do you rate Beye? Not being arsey, just wondering. Would you have him at centre-back?

(Is he actually good there, btw? ??? Only seen him against Blackburn i think it was)

I hope he does sign for us, we need a fullback that gets up and down like he does.

Do you rate Beye? Not being arsey, just wondering. Would you have him at centre-back?

(Is he actually good there, btw? ??? Only seen him against Blackburn i think it was)

Beye's alright, not that good going forward but he's prepared to have a go, I think he'd be better off as a centre back as his attributes would suit that role better.

Beye's alright, not that good going forward but he's prepared to have a go, I think he'd be better off as a centre back as his attributes would suit that role better.

I don't think it's worth it imo (buying Chimbonda and moving Beye). Especially when we don't know how good Beye is at centre-back, he might not be that great.

I think he's a very good full-back in all honesty, and if we were going to spend £8-10m on a defender, i'd rather we went for a centre-back...

But that's just my take on things. :D

Watching Bremen Rangers. Diego's looking semi decent, Naldo again stands out as a good defender and big danger from set pieces.

Woah f****** class goal from Diego, really nice.

:lol: Aye started fairly quiet but has got better as the game went on. Bremen have had 35 shots in this game ffs. Rangers lucky again. Cuellar is a class, class defender btw.

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

Feel bad for Everton tbh. Dominating a game so comprehensively and then losing is a shame. Still, two of the favourites out now. Got to be Bayern for the trophy imo.

Feel bad for Everton tbh. Dominating a game so comprehensively and then losing is a shame. Still, two of the favourites out now. Got to be Bayern for the trophy imo.

Everton and Bremen? :iamatwat:

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

:lol:Before I get accused of being a delusional self-loving tart, I was merely relaying what the bookies were saying. Throughout the competition, we have been 2nd favourites to 6th favourites (according to the bookies you looked at), while Everton were pretty similar.

:lol:Before I get accused of being a delusional self-loving tart, I was merely relaying what the bookies were saying. Throughout the competition, we have been 2nd favourites to 6th favourites (according to the bookies you looked at), while Everton were pretty similar.

I know mate, just being silly.

I would like to personally thank Jermaine Jenas for restoring my faith in football as the beautiful game though.

I see you're taking the blame chimbonda route too. The guy set up Berbs for the winner on the night and was generally sound defensivly. He also had the guts to take a pen when more natural pen takers (steed and lennon to name 2) bottled it.

Just seen your post.  I'm critical of Chimbonda for not getting the ball on target, not for missing his penalty, I'm certainly not blaming him for us going out.  Without knowing why others didn't step forward I wouldn't criticise those for not taking a penalty either, though I do understand the point you're making.