Today's other games

Guest kingdawson

We were beyond awful tonight. Just dreadful.

On the bright side, 6th and a shade under 40k against a nothing team who had over 2,000 empty seats in the away end on a Wednesday night makes me look back to the Ellis / O'Leary years and think how much has changed so quickly.

Incidentally, Boro were really quite good at times. If they'd had a decent striker rather than that fat knacker Mido playing, they'd have sewn it up by half time.

Guest kingdawson

thought Zokora would miss tbh.

Anyway we played well and were by far the better team but PSV had luck on there side.

Better penalty takers  :thup:

nah, more a case of luck tbh.

Anyway we played well and were by far the better team but PSV had luck on there side.

So O'Hara's pen wasn't lucky?

Guest kingdawson

So O'Hara's pen wasn't lucky?

You call that luck just because gomes got a hand to it?? it wasnt as if it was a shite pen and it just rolled under gomes' legs.

Robbo made 1 save the whole 120 minutes of football and that was a half chance. They beat us fair and square in the 1st leg but they were beyond shite tonight (i guarantee we'd have lost by 5 if Robbo made the mistakes Gomes did tonight)

That said, i had absolutly no confidence in the pen shoot out and having Robinson in goal for penalties is like having no goalie wotsoever (yes im aware he saved a pen).

That said, i had absolutly no confidence in the pen shoot out and having Robinson in goal for penalties is like having no goalie wotsoever (yes im aware he saved a pen).

:iamatwat:

Rather contradictory then?

I think it was a matter of PSV having better Penalty takers, Zokora's penalty almost like he did it on purpose it was so bad!

werent you asking for thick to be removed  ???? LOL

I think it was a matter of PSV having better Penalty takers, Zokora's penalty almost like he did it on purpose it was so bad

Didn't Zakora put his in the top corner?

Guest kingdawson

I think it was a matter of PSV having better Penalty takers, Zokora's penalty almost like he did it on purpose it was so bad

The guy supports Arsenal, what do you expect...

I expect you're being pedantic (or just plain awkward), and that he quite clearly meant Chimbonda, rather than Zakora. But you knew that, anyway.

Guest kingdawson

I expect you're being pedantic (or just plain awkward), and that he quite clearly meant Chimbonda, rather than Zakora. But you knew that, anyway.

Couldnt that be directed at the poster who quoted him then?

Naturally disappointed but Spurs lost it at WHL with an abject performance but I look at it as building blocks for the future, there are positives to take out of it. 

PSV are no mugs, regular performers in the CL and they beat Arsenal last season without the need of having a penalty shoot out.  Spurs will be better for the experience in the Uefa Cup next season, new signings coming in, Bale will be fit, Hutton will be eligible and Chimbonda will be gone.  It would be rather ironical if Chimbo winds up at SJP for next season.  It does seem to be quite likely.

Naturally disappointed but Spurs lost it at WHL with an abject performance but I look at it as building blocks for the future, there are positives to take out of it. 

PSV are no mugs, regular performers in the CL and they beat Arsenal last season without the need of having a penalty shoot out.   Spurs will be better for the experience in the Uefa Cup next season, new signings coming in, Bale will be fit, Hutton will be eligible and Chimbonda will be gone.  It would be rather ironical if Chimbo winds up at SJP for next season.  It does seem to be quite likely.

:lol:

PSV are no mugs, regular performers in the CL and they beat Arsenal last season without the need of having a penalty shoot out.  Spurs will be better for the experience in the Uefa Cup next season, new signings coming in, Bale will be fit, Hutton will be eligible and Chimbonda will be gone.  It would be rather ironical if Chimbo winds up at SJP for next season.  It does seem to be quite likely.

consider your season if you'd not won the milk cup!! 

an utter travesty basically given the amount of cash you've been spending of late and number of players bought...still, you did, so i'll shut up

How was it lost at WHL, it was 1-0 man!

The performance was bad.  If we had played up to anything like a normal home performance for this season it would have been a win, not a defeat, But it was 0-1 and it was going to be a big ask to get 2 goals in Eindhoven.  Penalties are a lottery, some you win, some you lose.  The only bad penalty was Chimbonda's, you can't score if you can't get it on target.

an utter travesty basically given the amount of cash you've been spending of late and number of players bought...still, you did, so i'll shut up

Been a good season since Ramos took over in October.  In the bottom 3 in the Premier League, looked doubtful we would progress from the Uefa Cup group stage after the defeat by Getafe, it's been good since then.  True, we've spent a lot of money and will spend a lot more in the summer, but Ramos hasn't  had a lot of time to shape the team as he wants it. 

Been a good season since Ramos took over in October.  In the bottom 3 in the Premier League, looked doubtful we would progress from the Uefa Cup group stage after the defeat by Getafe, it's been good since then.  True, we've spent a lot of money and will spend a lot more in the summer, but Ramos hasn't  had a lot of time to shape the team as he wants it. 

granted, granted....was just saying how different your (the fans) outlook would have been had you not won the cup, six points above us is not a good season!

I was watching Ramsey last night, forgot all about the football cos its usually a Thursday. Anway flicked over just at the end of extra time, got shouted at by the wife, so stuck a video in, and had the pleasure of watching those penalties by Jenas and Chimbonda over and over again!

granted, granted....was just saying how different your (the fans) outlook would have been had you not won the cup, six points above us is not a good season!

I can think of some fans who would change the manager each time we lose, let alone not winning a Cup!

Personally, all I want each season is progression on what went on the season before and to walk out of WHL after a match thinking 'good game, good performance, looking forward to the next one'.  I wasn't thinking that this season before Ramos arrived. 

For me, silverware in a bonus, not an necessity, so I'm disappointed for sure, but gutted or devestated like most on the Spurs' forums?  Not really, maybe I don't set my sights as high as others.