Today's other games

Guest kingdawson

Incidentally, Boro brought about 200 tonight.

Remarkable.

200 more than they deserved after Sunday TBH

I'm still annoyed. They do what they did on Sunday then go and put in a great shift last night and should have won? fkn con artists.

Guest kingdawson

Naturally disappointed but Spurs lost it at WHL with an abject performance but I look at it as building blocks for the future, there are positives to take out of it. 

PSV are no mugs, regular performers in the CL and they beat Arsenal last season without the need of having a penalty shoot out.  Spurs will be better for the experience in the Uefa Cup next season, new signings coming in, Bale will be fit, Hutton will be eligible and Chimbonda will be gone.  It would be rather ironical if Chimbo winds up at SJP for next season.  It does seem to be quite likely.

consider your season if you'd not won the milk cup!! 

an utter travesty basically given the amount of cash you've been spending of late and number of players bought...still, you did, so i'll shut up

Been a good season since Ramos took over in October.  In the bottom 3 in the Premier League, looked doubtful we would progress from the Uefa Cup group stage after the defeat by Getafe, it's been good since then.  True, we've spent a lot of money and will spend a lot more in the summer, but Ramos hasn't  had a lot of time to shape the team as he wants it. 

granted, granted....was just saying how different your (the fans) outlook would have been had you not won the cup, six points above us is not a good season!

I can think of some fans who would change the manager each time we lose, let alone not winning a Cup!

Personally, all I want each season is progression on what went on the season before and to walk out of WHL after a match thinking 'good game, good performance, looking forward to the next one'.   I wasn't thinking that this season before Ramos arrived. 

For me, silverware in a bonus, not an necessity, so I'm disappointed for sure, but gutted or devestated like most on the Spurs' forums?  Not really, maybe I don't set my sights as high as others.

Actually hardly anyone on the spurs board is gutted tbh. Just the usual, blame pascal chimbonda rubbish but nothing major.  For some strange reason, i didnt even feel as bad as i thought i would.

Naturally disappointed but Spurs lost it at WHL with an abject performance but I look at it as building blocks for the future, there are positives to take out of it. 

PSV are no mugs, regular performers in the CL and they beat Arsenal last season without the need of having a penalty shoot out.  Spurs will be better for the experience in the Uefa Cup next season, new signings coming in, Bale will be fit, Hutton will be eligible and Chimbonda will be gone.  It would be rather ironical if Chimbo winds up at SJP for next season.  It does seem to be quite likely.

consider your season if you'd not won the milk cup!! 

an utter travesty basically given the amount of cash you've been spending of late and number of players bought...still, you did, so i'll shut up

Been a good season since Ramos took over in October.  In the bottom 3 in the Premier League, looked doubtful we would progress from the Uefa Cup group stage after the defeat by Getafe, it's been good since then.  True, we've spent a lot of money and will spend a lot more in the summer, but Ramos hasn't  had a lot of time to shape the team as he wants it. 

granted, granted....was just saying how different your (the fans) outlook would have been had you not won the cup, six points above us is not a good season!

I can think of some fans who would change the manager each time we lose, let alone not winning a Cup!

Personally, all I want each season is progression on what went on the season before and to walk out of WHL after a match thinking 'good game, good performance, looking forward to the next one'.   I wasn't thinking that this season before Ramos arrived. 

For me, silverware in a bonus, not an necessity, so I'm disappointed for sure, but gutted or devestated like most on the Spurs' forums?  Not really, maybe I don't set my sights as high as others.

Actually hardly anyone on the spurs board is gutted tbh. Just the usual, blame pascal chimbonda rubbish but nothing major.  For some strange reason, i didnt even feel as bad as i thought i would.

One thread titled 'No heart, no desire, awful performance' has been rightly slated.  I'm amazed to see comments like Ramos was tactically inept, we won the match ffs.  Ramos can hardly be blamed because Gomes saved one penalty and Chimbonda can't hit a barn door!

Guest kingdawson

I see you're taking the blame chimbonda route too. The guy set up Berbs for the winner on the night and was generally sound defensivly. He also had the guts to take a pen when more natural pen takers (steed and lennon to name 2) bottled it.

i thought Chimbonda would've scored tbh, he has that arrogant streak that couldn't give a fuck about pressure or expectation. was an awful shot though. i agree with KD really, he'd had a good game and you can't criticise him when he's offered to take a pen over some of the more obvious names.

I hope he does sign for us, we need a fullback that gets up and down like he does.

an excellent right-back, though i would prefer someone younger (we've already gone down the route of buying players on their way down).

I hope he does sign for us, we need a fullback that gets up and down like he does.

oh jesus, honestly?  i mean honestly? (i watched the 9/11 south park episode recently so excuse the repititions)

honestly?

honestly?

honestly?

repeat til fade

I'm not sure I've ever seen us dominate a game so much as against Fiorentina last night. I think they had one attack, we should have scored about 5 goals in the 90mins and barely gave them a kick.

Knew we'd go out when it came to pens though. Everton never win on penalties. It's the law.

Strange mix of being gutted and proud walking out of Goodison. Ah well.

I'm not sure I've ever seen us dominate a game so much as against Fiorentina last night. I think they had one attack, we should have scored about 5 goals in the 90mins and barely gave them a kick.

Knew we'd go out when it came to pens though. Everton never win on penalties. It's the law.

You beat us on pens a few years back, FA Cup I think, even Shearer missed.

League Cup I think it was.. when Rooney first started appearing for them

League Cup I think it was.. when Rooney first started appearing for them

was that not the chopra vs rooney match (2-2?) under robson that we lost?  rooney started and ruled the game, chopra didn't and well you know the story

Was dissapionted to see you go out have enjoyed watching everton in europe, mind it was a nightmare flicking between 5 and ITV4 when the shootout was on.

We really could do with Bolton somehow getting through tonite, the more games/distractions from the league they have the better.

Was dissapionted to see you go out have enjoyed watching everton in europe, mind it was a nightmare flicking between 5 and ITV4 when the shootout was on.

We really could do with Bolton somehow getting through tonite, the more games/distractions from the league they have the better.

first sentence is a joke, right?

Certainly provided some fair entertainment in their last two home games.

I think they've been good to watch tbh, and i think they're an excellent team nowadays. I'm getting a soft spot for them, which is sad. :(

Have not seen much of Everton in the League but have enjoyed all the games ive seen them play in europe, stacks of goals and plenty of action.

Have not seen much of Everton in the League but have enjoyed all the games ive seen them play in europe, stacks of goals and plenty of action.

and you're still missing it