***The Ultimate Away Day Thread***

Heron

This is NOT about the scores or games as such, it is more about the funny, dangerous, brilliant or just plain wierd experiences you have had on the road supporting the toon. I will add my own later on, which includes tales of garlic octopus and the dressing up of greek statues.....

Add your own and share the joy so to speak....

Guest the_guv_nor

Went on the coach to Old Trafford when we drew 0-0, was in a bar just out side of Manchester and there was i guy working there who was collecting the glasses, he was about 40 years old and about 4ft tall wearing a Man U top, about 250+ geordies all started singing "he's a dwarf a dwarf...." and ruffling his hair and pulling his cheeks as he walked past!

Guest louiseville_lip

Athletic Bilbao away 1994.  Couldn't buy a drink, they were honestly the best people you could ever meet, I didn't know what half of them were saying but they were dead smiley, shame women weren't like that!  No they were brilliant people.  It was a basque holiday when we played and the whole city was on the piss, we couldn't have went on a better day, and I didn't see one toon fan buy a drink.

When we got in to the ground it was electric, big steep stands full of character, it was such a class day the disappointment of losing 1-0 and going out didn't seem so bad.

Down at Villa a few seasons ago, after the final whistle.

Was walking to the end of my row, and as i was walking, there was this lass who was about 14.

I was flicking the V's, you wankerr, you know. ( This is all while walking to the end of my row )  :lol:

The next minute, i've tripped over a seat, not looking where i was going ( daft lass distracting me ) and everyone behind me just starting falling over.

After i got up, i thaught it was hilarious, we had just won 2-1 and there were drunken blokes lying on the floor  :smitten:

Then my day was spoiled by some little cunts getting arrested and our bus had to wait outside the police station for god knows how long.

Down at Villa a few seasons ago, after the final whistle.

Was walking to the end of my row, and as i was walking, there was this lass who was about 14.

I was flicking the V's, you wankerr, you know. ( This is all while walking to the end of my row )  :lol:

The next minute, i've tripped over a seat, not looking where i was going ( daft lass distracting me ) and everyone behind me just starting falling over.

After i got up, i thaught it was hilarious, we had just won 2-1 and there were drunken blokes lying on the floor :smitten:

Then my day was spoiled by some little cunts getting arrested and our bus had to wait outside the police station for god knows how long.

You big hom.

When we beat Southampton away in the cup 2003 IIRC the one where Robert scored and Dyer scored 2.

This lad who was standing next to us ran on the pitch when we scored and then got chucked out.  Anyways, hours and many pints later we saw him sitting alone in the Southampton KFC munching on a family Bucket.  When he saw us when we walked in he stood up and at the top of his voice sang "If you're proud to be a Geordie be a tree!" (followed be striking a tree pose!) provoking bemused looks from the locals!

:lol:

Athletic Bilbao away 1994.  Couldn't buy a drink, they were honestly the best people you could ever meet, I didn't know what half of them were saying but they were dead smiley, shame women weren't like that!  No they were brilliant people.  It was a basque holiday when we played and the whole city was on the piss, we couldn't have went on a better day, and I didn't see one toon fan buy a drink.

When we got in to the ground it was electric, big steep stands full of character, it was such a class day the disappointment of losing 1-0 and going out didn't seem so bad.

Speak to any Villa fan who went to see us play Bilbao in 1998, and they'll say exactly the same thing, that it was the best away trip ever, and that the people are the friendliest you'll meet, anywhere.

Lots of friendships formed that day which endure still.

Guest RodrigoPalacio

I got beat up in Birmingham once by a fat 35 year old brummie cunt.  Who in their right mind would hit a 14 year old kid?

Also had chips thrown at me in the MacDonalds near Leeds by some fucking local charver lasses.

I got beat up in Birmingham once by a fat 35 year old brummie c***.  Who in their right mind would hit a 14 year old kid?

Also had chips thrown at me in the MacDonalds near Leeds by some f****** local charver lasses.

once saw a fat horrid mag punch a kid (15?) in grimsby,one of the boxing day games (early 80's),then another mag grabbed him,told him he was out of order,cleaned him out with 2 punches.

Some bloke at the Arsenal away game this season just pissing on the wall when he was actually IN THE BATHROOM. We were lining up and he only had to wait for one guy to finish up but nope, he just whipped it out and splashed the piss all over the wall. Absolutely disgusting :lol:

Once missed the Toon Travel bus and had to spend the night in Newark. We were on our way home from West Ham and stopped off for a drink.

Got split up from the others and had drunkenly lost my bearings. It was mid January and fkn freezing. I just wanted my bed and was so desperate that i would have paid whatever to taxi it home. Taxi driver disuaded me and suggested staying in the local travelodge and returning the following day. I took his advice but it still cost me £90 for accomodation/train.