Newcastle win Northumberland Senior Cup. Woohoo!

Skirge

Zamblera amongst the subs tonight..

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1255877,00.html

Starting 11; Fraser Forster, David Edgar, Darren Lough, Mark Doninger, Ben Tozer, Tamas Kadar, Jonny Godsmark, James Troisi, Andy Carroll, Wesley Ngo Baheng, Kazenga LuaLua

Subs: Fabio Zamblera, Ole Soderberg, Ryan Donaldson, Alex Francis, James Marwood

Kick-off is at 7pm and the East Stand will be open to spectators. Season ticket holders and official NUFC Members get FREE entry to the game - otherwise admission is £3 (adults) and £1.50 (concessions).

Everton players of note: Jack Rodwell & Dan Gosling.

They've been playing in centre midfield together recently but Rodwell is a Rio Ferdinand-style centre back. Gosling is a utility player. Keiran Agard is probably the other one to keep an eye on, young pacey striker.

Anthony Gardner is making his debut.

Keiran Agard is probably the other one to keep an eye on, young pacey striker

Never heard of him but had a quick look at his Everton profile & see you got him off Arsenal, any info on how that come about?

I remember when I was youngster going to watch Everton V Newcastle many years ago & the tip off we got for greatness was John Ebbrell.

He is up there with with Darren Caskey & Shaun Murray as chaps who never made the greatness that was expected of them for me.

Call me crazy but are there any rules against playing the first team in the reserves?

They could do with the practice, it would be a competitive run out and it may boost the confidence if they win a game or two.

Our first team will probably lose every one of those games..

Shaun Murray - now there is a name I haven't heard for a long time! He was tipped for greatness as a schoolkid (on Spurs' books), but I think he only got as far as playing for Bradford City old 2nd division.

He was on our books. Spurs bought his old man a car & give him some £££'s (a big deal in the 1980s) so he never signed pro with us. Harry Redknapp says in his book  that Shaun Murrays treatment at Spurs is one of the reason Jamie did not sign for them as kid. Played for Portsmouth, Scarborough & Bradford (like you said). Maybe the odd other club after that.

Keiran Agard is probably the other one to keep an eye on, young pacey striker

Never heard of him but had a quick look at his Everton profile & see you got him off Arsenal, any info on how that come about?

I remember when I was youngster going to watch Everton V Newcastle many years ago & the tip off we got for greatness was John Ebbrell.

He is up there with with Darren Caskey & Shaun Murray as chaps who never made the greatness that was expected of them for me.

John Ebrell :lol: I remember him well from my early days watching footy. You're right he never hit the heights he was supposed to but he wasn't too bad a player either. Tony "Grantona" Grant was worse on that score.

As for Agard, this is what I read from an "ITK" on a forum.

Apparently he was released by Arsenal, Liam Brady ultimately, but some of the other coaches thought it wasn't the right decision so they wouldn't let him go to another London club. We have a good relationship with them at youth level so he was offered to us. Same happened with Moses Barnett but he's still playing for the youth team  rather than reserves.

:thup: That's ace.

Just out of curiosity, would anyone be able to make an educated guess as to how the average Premiership reserve side would compare to the average Championship side?

Carroll couldn't get a game for Preston but he looks like he's completely ripping apart the reserve league.