Newcastle win Northumberland Senior Cup. Woohoo!

Skirge

Rigters hasn't really done as well as I thought he might for Blackburn after his decent U21 performances last year.

yeah we were after him too I recall, glad Blackburn got him! he finished top scorer for U21 but hasn't hit it off with Blackburn.  I heard his scoring record for NEC Breda wasn't exactly great either.

No Shola, no Emre, no Viduka, no Cacapa, no Diatta & no Geremi.

Are these chaps all broke? With the lack of game time the above have been getting atm a run out in stiffs would of been beneficial.

.com says Shola isn't match fit.

Good stuff. I'm not one for saying the reserves should all play as soon as we lose a game or bigging them up after ten minutes, but Carroll can't do much more to earn his chance really. Fair enough if we were scoring goals but we have one of the most impotent strikeforces in the country and it's no risk whatsoever when the alternative is Alan Smith. Shola's fucked or in the huff, I'd play Carroll and Martins. I know that won't happen.

that italian kid is impressing me as well, the reserves have picked up recently since he came

How's that for jumping to conclusions!

Can't say i've seen a jot of the reserve games, but Ngo Baheng certainly seems to have got a boost as the season's progresses. He hadn't played for half a year (i think he said something about that) before he came, and his fitness was low, but two in two and...

Oh NO, not another confidence player. ;)

Lovley. Why can KK not see that this should play!

:jesuswept:

Surley when you have a side thats winning every game week in/week out you should at least try to play SOME of there players in a side that is losing week in/week out?

Also well done Andy Carroll,  7 in 6 now is it?

People should go and watch the reserves now that they are back at St James' and it's easier to get to.  It's £3 max' to get in and nothing for season ticket holders, we play Man U reserves at the end of this month.

Good to see Caroll doing well, surprised he didnt do too well at Preston although (like us) they were a shit team at the time anyway. From what ive seen though he holds the ball up really well, would like to see him play more, think he could be just the player to keep possession in the final third.

slugsy & skirge.

the point of the reserves is to give the players a step up. the list of players who look good at that level but fail the step up is endless (especially at NUFC). the good manager will see through this and promote those who can cut it.

first team football in the championship is a better guide than reserve team football and by all accounts (I only saw one preston game) carroll couldn't cut it there.

maybe his time has come,maybe he needs more time,maybe he'll not cut it regardless. i'm pretty sure the people who watch him day in and out have a better idea.

It's a big ask to pitch a teenager into a relegation battle. Nevertheless, Carroll looks like he would relish it. I wouldn't start him yet, first we need to see Martins and Owen given a crack, but if it isn't working, get him off the bench and alongside Oba.

:lol: I know the point of the reserves but I still feel that Carroll deserves a shot in the 1st team, we could do with his height upfront too 6'4", okay he maybe should not be starting games but he  could get 20 mins or so to show his stuff.

Also great news on Jonny Godsmark getting his pro contract. :D

Guest vanilia27

Where was Kadar? Playing against Brum...

With Hungary U17 squad.

:weep:

Is he missing from the team??? Last I saw in Hungary to play for ZTE, I don't know how he is performing in Newcastle.

Some absolute guff about reserve team it is only in recent weeks they have started winning regularly .Carroll returning from his loan at PNE has had a massive positive impact on the team but he was nowt special when playing for PNE against experienced centre backs.

When they came up against a Sunderland team that had a lot of experience in it they got rinsed very easily. Fair play to Mick if he has saw them in recent weeks & reckons some of them are good enough, I dont.