Barton's replacement for Saturday

TRon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd go for N'Zogbia myself, failing that Geremi -  but I'm pretty sure it'll be Smith. Atleast Martins or Viduka will start if that's the case.

I'm assuming Emre's still out injured btw.

I'd go for N'Zogbia myself, failing that Geremi -  but I'm pretty sure it'll be Smith. Atleast Martins or Viduka will start if that's the case.

N'Zogbia is too cavalier for this particular game and we would get over run. Geremi ain't ideal and a midfield pairing of Geremi and Butt isn't really a KK pairing, but i think it is what is needed this weekend and i will be ecstatic if we get a point.

I don't think we'll see Viduka again either.

Guest float one in

N'Zogbia is too cavalier for this particular game and we would get over run. Geremi ain't ideal and a midfield pairing of Geremi and Butt isn't really a KK pairing, but i think it is what is needed this weekend and i will be ecstatic if we get a point.

I don't think we'll see Viduka again either.

I agree with you that we desperately need points, but the other side of it is we desperately need goals. Especially at Anfield - I can't see us keeping a clean sheet against the likes of Torres, Gerrard, Babel of whoever Benitez hoys in this week, so we've got to score. We've got to pose a goal threat whenever we're in possesion of the ball. Therefore I hope to see Zogs in the middle and I reckon there's a chance KK might think the same way. I'm not Charlie's biggest fan, particularly due to his passing and his Martins-like first touch, but he can cause good defenders problems and scores a canny few goals. If he is leaving us too exposed in there we can sub him for Geremi.

Nicky Butt has looked a bit knackered at times this season, but lets hope he's got enough in the tank for the fight to help keep us up, starting with keeping Gerrard as quiet as possible on Saturday. Wouldn't like to see Geremi in the middle against Gerrard all alone, that could be disasterous.

We really need to play Oba from the off. Liverpool's defence is not quick by any means. They've also looked very shaky at set pieces of late, so hope our crossing is up to scratch. Pity there's no Emre since Duff has perfected hitting the first man.

Midfield, Christ, I'd probably go for Charlie, Butt, Geremi, Milner.

Jesus.

Guest LucaAltieri

From what Keegan has been saying we are in an advanced stage of the Alan Smith cloning process, so it may be Smith up top AND in midfield, possibly right wing as well.. ;)

Hmmm, do we have to pay him twice or just once between the two Smiths?

Guest jcricthon

Whatever we play we CANNOT play Butt!

Maybe....

Owen

Duff                                                  Lua Lua

Zog                    Milner

Geremi

Enrique      Faye      Cacapa            Beye

Guest jcricthon

Whatever we play we CANNOT play Butt!

Maybe....

Martins

Duff                                                  Lua Lua

Zog                    Milner

Geremi

Enrique      Faye      Cacapa            Beye

Amended

I know I'm pessimistic but I can't see us getting anything from this game no matter whom we choose. The only thing we can do is try to stop our goal difference getting too much worse, because that at the end is something that could kill us.

I wouldn't be opposed to playing a team of reserves and kids so as to keep the first team fresh for games that are winnable. Not going to happen though.

We really need to play Oba from the off. Liverpool's defence is not quick by any means. They've also looked very shaky at set pieces of late, so hope our crossing is up to scratch. Pity there's no Emre since Duff has perfected hitting the first man.

Jesus.

You're right Jesus would be good sitting behind them, just in front of the back 4

Jesus.

Is that intentionally ironic?

Jesus.

Is that intentionally ironic?

Emre's by far our best set piece taker. It's not a long list but that's why Beye, Owen and Cacapa have profited this season off the top of my head.