Liverpool 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 08/03/08 - post match reaction from page 21

James

That second goal was hopeless. Harper's kick, our player (not sure who) ran AWAY from the ball, there were two Liverpool players waiting to head it back, to Gerrard, to Torres, simple as you like.

I was going to say exactly the same thing, the player who ran away from the ball was Butt. He should be shot for that, that was one of the worst pieces of football I have ever seen inthe top flight.

Guest nufc 4 life

why are people talking as though  we came into this game expecting something?

Howay, all we had to do was keep it tight for 3 minutes and we go in at 0-0.

and you think that flukey goal was because of poor defending?

Does that make it any less disappointing?

i'm not saying ii'm not disappointed, i'mjust pissed off that everytime somethign bad happens in a game certain people say its shambolic e.t.c we aren't a champions league club anymore we are mid-table if that and when people start talking as though we would be able to play against the likes of Liverpool at Anfield and come out with somethig are idiots imo. i'm logging off now thoguh because i cant be bothered with geting into an argument over fans views on us losing againt Liverpool

We were never in a million going to get anything from this game but it would be nice to know that we set up our stall to have a go. Fuking Smith in midfield with an utterly inept Nicky Butt with Duff up front was never going to get anything. Come on KK sort it out!

KK selection policy is as bad as anything i've seen at NUFC.

Agreed. Didn't a wise man once say idiocy is to do the same thing over and over again and expecting different results..?

We were never in a million going to get anything from this game but it would be nice to know that we set up our stall to have a go. Fuking Smith in midfield with an utterly inept Nicky Butt with Duff up front was never going to get anything. Come on KK sort it out!

Agreed. Didn't a wise man once say idiocy is to do the same thing over and over again and expecting different results..?

Einstein defined insanity that way, not idiocy.

Guest Brazilianbob

why are people talking as though  we came into this game expecting something?

There's expecting something, and expecting us to keep the scoreline respectable.  Most of us can only see this going one way, though.

I just don't understand how anyone could conceivably fool themselves into thinking this team could actually keep a scoreline respectable against a quality side like Liverpool.

Just got back in

So Smith started over Oba hey?

Fucking only ourselves to blame, we are going down I can feel it in my waters

Smith started in midfield, Duff up front.

Guest iliketoonarmy

cannot believe enrique cost 6million

cannot believe Smith/Duff>Martins.

Idiot Keegan should keep Martins for next game,in case he will get injured.

When you have players like Martins and you don't put him in 1st 11,you deserve nothing,not even a draw.

But on this earth there will still be people standing out and say Martins is unfit he can't pass the ball bla bla bla....

Guest toonlass

Is the Liverpool Commentator the priest off Father Ted with the "really boring voice"? He sounds dead miserable!

Think we will manage to beat our goals conceeded record the second half.

We offer nothing, the only think we could have possibly hoped for was 0-0.  Enrique is complete tosh. We will never win a game this season playing Smith and Butt.

Damn slow Faye

he could stop the pass if he was a lil f***** quicker

It seems Taylor always play the opposition ON side...Why on earth was he that far back on the right side when every other NUFC player was up front ???

Einstein defined insanity that way, not idiocy.

Insanity it is then.. Not much better is it? ;)

cannot believe enrique cost 6million

Definitely his fault like.

Ignore the consistent onslaught due to our midfield and forward players being unable to pass a football to each other without shitting themselves when they get it.

99 times out of 100, that ball goes out for a goal kick.