Would we be in the same situation had Allardyce still been here?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which home games would we have won given the performances against Liverpool, Derby and  Man City?

Which away games wouldn't we have got hammered in considering the performances/results against Man City, Blackburn, Derby, Sunderland, Reading and Wigan?

Allardyce had a fixture list which should have produced a lot more points. Keegan has had a fixture list which should have had possibly a couple more points but has been blighted by lack of confidence.

Nah.

I think you would've have fared better under Allardyce, especially if he was backed with a couple of signings in the Jan window.

However, even he had to work with what he already had I think he would have made you at least a more solid looking outfit that could grind out results when necessary. There is also the plus point of it being a squad he had started moulding for his own tactics which is something Keegan doesn't have the benefit of.

In short, it looks like it might be touch and go as to whether you stay up under Keegan but I think under  Allardyce we would have seen a finish around the 11th/12th mark.

I said at the time that you should have just stuck with him until the summer at the very least.

Finally, someone without their head up Keegans arse!

Form the outside its different, my housemates all feel similar to the above (arsenal, Blackbuurn and Tramemre :lol: fans).

And they don't watch us, so what has they think got to do with anything? I've been at every home game, I was at Wigan and Fulham. I know exactly how s*** we were under Allardyce. Don't really give a toss what casual outsiders think (no offence intended, 1878, or indeed you, SpinS. I'm not trying to play the soopafan card or anything.)

I agree, SA football was shit, but we were more solid and probably wouldn't be in this mess.

Casual outsider I may be, but a bit of realism sometimes hurts.

No, not a chance, he would've defintly bought players in January, and at least the team will have a certin systam/style that they got used to, at least with him he has the guts to take out s*** players when they mess up.

What the fuck?  ???

Which home games would we have won given the performances against Liverpool, Derby and  Man City?

Which away games wouldn't we have got hammered in considering the performances/results against Man City, Blackburn, Derby, Sunderland, Reading and Wigan?

Allardyce had a fixture list which should have produced a lot more points. Keegan has had a fixture list which should have had possibly a couple more points but has been blighted by lack of confidence.

Sums it up nicely

No, Allardyce would have reversed his trend while here and brought in some good players, he would have also finally got the players fit enough to last 90 minutes (argue with Duff, not me) and he would have given players the confidence they didn't have under him before he was sacked.

On top of that he would have actually reversed his previous decisions and tried to win games.

Nah.

I think you would've have fared better under Allardyce, especially if he was backed with a couple of signings in the Jan window.

However, even he had to work with what he already had I think he would have made you at least a more solid looking outfit that could grind out results when necessary. There is also the plus point of it being a squad he had started moulding for his own tactics which is something Keegan doesn't have the benefit of.

In short, it looks like it might be touch and go as to whether you stay up under Keegan but I think under  Allardyce we would have seen a finish around the 11th/12th mark.

I said at the time that you should have just stuck with him until the summer at the very least.

Form the outside its different, my housemates all feel similar to the above (arsenal, Blackbuurn and Tramemre :lol: fans).

And they don't watch us, so what has they think got to do with anything? I've been at every home game, I was at Wigan and Fulham. I know exactly how s*** we were under Allardyce. Don't really give a toss what casual outsiders think (no offence intended, 1878, or indeed you, SpinS. I'm not trying to play the soopafan card or anything.)

I agree, SA football was shit, but we were more solid and probably wouldn't be in this mess.

I dont know what that means ?

Nah.

We were not more solid, sorry. We just hadn't played that calibre of team as much. Didn't mean you as the casual outsider btw.

Nah.

I agree, SA football was s***, but we were more solid and probably wouldn't be in this mess.

I am giving up on the football section for now. This speculating about things we can't change is pointless :lol:

Nah.

Presumably it means the poorer teams we played under Allardyce weren't doing us by as many goals as the better teams are now.

Dont agree that we even ground out 0-0s under Allardyce so little difference if not a little worse off.

If the board knew that they wouldnt want to back him in January window should have made the decision to get rid of sooner but thet hesitated would have been difficult for any one bringing playeers in during that window and unless we added to squad it  always gonna be difficult 2nd half of season.

My anus not exactly contracting like John Leslies at a swedish book launch yet but gotta get the monkey off our back and get a resut from somewhere

Nah.

Of course its different from the outside, the difference is lack of knowledge and understanding of the situation from people who don't know much of anything about Newcastle United.

I agree, SA football was s***, but we were more solid and probably wouldn't be in this mess.

More solid,  :lol:.

We would have got more points, not many but we wouldn't have been going gung ho in the last minute against blackburn under allardyce for example. 

Let's face facts, its been a tough run but we are absolutely dreadful at present and Keegan hasn't got a single result.  Right now we don't need fancy football or entertainment, right now we need results.

More solid,  :lol:.

:lol:

POSTING SMILIES IZ COOL LYKE

We'd be in a very similar position, we had some very easy games under Allardyce and we were shit, now we've had to play some of the harder games it's no surprise we're doing even worse.

We'd be in a very similar position, we had some very easy games under Allardyce and we were shit, now we've had to play some of the harder games it's no surprise we're doing even worse.

I remember some of the easy games we had, notably against the mackems and Reading, where if the opposition could finish, it could easily have been three or four.

Difficult to say but I think we'd be a couple of points better off under Allardyce, just a couple mind. His style of football, rubbish as it is, is more suited to a relegation battle than Keegan's and I think we'd have ground out a point against Blackburn and perhaps beaten Boro.

of corse we would be, Allardyce got lucky in his last few games take away late goals at fulham and v birmingham and he would have left us in a worse mess

I think we'd be a few points better off, to be honest, and a few goals better off too, but that certainly doesn't tell the whole story.

Allardyce had apparently lost the players, he had most certainly lost the fans and the fact is that he quite probably never "had" the board (behind him) either. He was a man on bided time and he had to go. I'm not sure if I'd swap a few points extra to go back in time and keep Allardyce, honestly. But of course I will be if we go down.

The only way that decision can really be justified is if we avoid relegation. What difference does a place or two in the rest of the bottom half of the table make? Really? There are a few ways to look at things, but if you're being optimistic about things and you expect us to stay up - which I do - then you have to look at the fact that Keegan will have been in the job six months come the summer as a major plus point.

He will have had time to evaluate the current squad and make plans, he will have had time to bring in his own backroom staff and get them working efficiently and he'll have had time to settle back into management - he'll hopefully have got through the worst part of his potential 3.5 years too.

If we stay up, then we should be in a far better position come the summer than we would be if we sacked Allardyce at the end of the season, where we'd again be looking at another rush-job of a summer where everything is new to the players and the boss. As long as we finish 17th or upwards, then hopefully the decision will be justified, but if we do go down then the board probably do want stringing up.

Basically, I'm still looking longterm. To say you want Allardyce to have stayed just so we could have an extra few points at this point in time is madness.

We would have got more points, not many but we wouldn't have been going gung ho in the last minute against blackburn under allardyce for example. 

Let's face facts, its been a tough run but we are absolutely dreadful at present and Keegan hasn't got a single result.  Right now we don't need fancy football or entertainment, right now we need results.

We wouldnt have gone gung ho at any minute under Sam and would still have lost as they would have come at us a ton more than we allowed them to

Nah.

No offence  taken mate. Just giving my view from the outside looking in, I was expecting it to be taken with a pinch of salt by the rest of you.

I cant belive people think we would have done better with him, do people not remember Derby home/away, wigan away, a game where we created far less chances than we did today at anfield. Theres no way we would have picked points up at Anfield,Villa,Arsenal or at home to Man utd with him, quite possible boro would have beat us and maybe a simmerler result v bolton, add to that the dire perfomances and id say no deal in going back and changing things, we will pick up wins in the next few games iam sure we are creating chances which is something we were not doing at all under big sam.

Disclaimer: Casual outsider opinion follows, not seen as much as you etc etc ...

I don't think you'd be in this situation with SA still in charge. Had he been kept on and backed in the January window, things may have been better, but it is hard to see how they could have been any worse. One thing is clear, though - regardless of the manager being sacked and regardless of who his replacement is, changing manager halfway through the January window is madness, absolute madness.

I struggle to recall seeing a side whose heads go down so terribly after conceding a goal as Newcastle do, and if i had to go one way or the other, I'd rate SA's ability to not lose games over KK's.

I don't think you're going to do down, but that is mainly because you've got enough points in the bank already to avoid it happening, points - ironically - won by Allardyce.

*dons tin hat*