Side & Formation for Birmingham

Tsunami
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rebel_Yell I think I agree with every word of your post. Martins absolutely has to play. When we break forward, Smith either runs backwards, or tries to mark an opposition defender. He has no conviction in the box whatsoever and I fully believe that he will never score a goal for us.

:lol:

Oh. That's not funny, really.

Since you ask....

--------------Harper--------------

Geremi--Beye--Faye--Enrique

Milner--Butt--Emre--N'Zogbia

--------Viduka--Martins---------

It will never happen ofcourse.

As i said in another thread, even though i think hes shit, we should play him, at least he can score now and then unlike smith

Guest Kadafi

Like Steve Harper said, when we concede one goal we will concede a second to. Very sad that it is that way. KK should never got appointed at the time he was. The Arsenal and Manutd games killed us and ruined KK:s confiedence. We need alot of luck against Birmingham, which we lack alot of nowdays

Maybe try:

.........................Harper.....................

Beye......Cacapa........Faye.......Enrique

........................Geremi........................

...............Barton.........Zoggy..............

.............Owen..............Martins............

........................Carroll.........................

Assuming Viduka isn't fit.

Could be a bit narrow but would hopefully stop simple throws from their keeper beating our entire back 4. Pack out the middle a bit and hit them on the break.

Bench: Forster, Taylor, Milner, Duff, Viduka/Smith

I would pick:

Harper

Beye      Diatta          Faye      Enrique

Geremi

Emre*

Milner*                                      N'Zogbia

Viduka*

Martins

* Could someone tell me the fitness situation on Viduka, Emre and Milner?

Milner must be injured if he's having a scan!

I would pick:

Harper

Beye       Diatta          Faye      Enrique

Geremi

Emre*

Milner*                                      N'Zogbia

Viduka*

Martins

* Could someone tell me the fitness situation on Viduka, Emre and Milner?

Milner must be injured if he's having a scan!

Viduka Milner should be ok

Emre out i think

I'd play this:

..........................Harper

Beye.....Cacapa...........Faye.......Enrique

Geremi....Milner........Butt.........N'Zogbia

...............Viduka......Martins

Keegan will play this:

......................Harper

Beye.......Taylor....Faye.......Enrique

Milner......Butt......Barton.....Duff

..............Owen....Smith

I predict a 2-2 draw, with Alan Smith doing absolutely fuck all throughout the game and Nicky Butt surrendering possession to the opposition on at least 10 occasions.

Don't see how this will be any easier than Liverpool.  I suppose the only difference being the players might realise just how important this is - this game is a dreaded 6 pointer.

They turned Spurs over and are a pretty physical side.  I am not sure how our lightweight team will cope with that.  Anyone that thinks Viduka should start or be on the bench ahead of Carroll should think again.  At least the lad actually wants to play for the team and club.

Realisation kicked in when I recently read that we are officially the worst team in all the leagues at the moment  form wise.  That really is fucking shocking.

Guest nufc_geordie

-------------------------------------Harper---------------------------------------------

Beye-------------------Faye--------------------Cacapa----------------------Enrique

Milner------------------Barton-------------------Emre-----------------------N'Zogbia

--------------------------Carroll------------------Martins--------------------------------

Need a total chage around upfront than what we have had. Martins can and will create himself chances if others around him aren';t doing so and Owen can't do that. Carroll is on form, high on confidence and for me has earned a run in the team.

Joey Barton I would play because there were signs in the Blackburn game that although his match fitness is still questionable (he looks slower than he did for Man City still), this has improved game by game and he made at least two goal scoring opportunities from slide rule passes against Blackburn, something we have been missing all season.

Taylor must be dropped, he's been having a nightmare for weeks now and TBH I think he is getting too big for his boots and needs pulled down a peg or two.

Even with this approach I still can't see anything other than a 2-1 Birmingham win.

I don't know why but I've become very positive about this game and think we'll win it 3-1 and we'll not look back after this, then again it's not the first time I've felt we were going to turn the corner.

Still, I'm very confident about this, that will probably all change when I see the team we put out.