Side & Formation for Birmingham

Tsunami
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's not like Milner ever gets past the full back either, he always ends up crossing from deep as well. The big difference is Milner could get up and down the flank quicker, so defensively it might be an issue.

Really? I always thought Milner's good at beating his man even if his final ball isn't always great. He ripped Sagna to shreds at SJP against Arsenal.

Going literally with this, people want to see a 4-4-2 consisting of:

Harper

Beye    Faye    Taylor    Enrique

Milner    Barton    Emre    N'Zogbia

Owen    Martins

With Emre injured though, Cacapa has the next amount of votes and so would come in alongside Taylor, pushing Faye in alongside Barton.

Funnily enough, I have to say both of those selections would sit very nicely with me. This forum isn't as daft as it's made out to be, sometimes :pow:

It's not like Milner ever gets past the full back either, he always ends up crossing from deep as well. The big difference is Milner could get up and down the flank quicker, so defensively it might be an issue.

Really? I always thought Milner's good at beating his man even if his final ball isn't always great. He ripped Sagna to shreds at SJP against Arsenal.

For me it's the other way round. Milner never beats his man, he usuall does a step over or three by which time the defence has regrouped, so despite the final ball being a good one it's ineffective because everyone's marked or stationary by then.

Harper

Beye     Faye     Taylor     Enrique

Milner     Barton     Emre     N'Zogbia

Owen     Martins

With Emre injured though, Cacapa has the next amount of votes and so would come in alongside Taylor, pushing Faye in alongside Barton.

Funnily enough, I have to say both of those selections would sit very nicely with me. This forum isn't as daft as it's made out to be, sometimes :pow:

:thup: :thup:

Really want to see this.

Geremi's movement is horrible, can't beat a man and struggles to create space. was easier at ACN as he was crossing from deep and was never man-marked whereas on the wing he'll have two defenders hovering around him. I'd play him in the centre, personally, you still get the benefit of his passing range but there is less need to try and take players on.

Agree with this.

With Milner out injured for the coming weeks I think giving Damien Duff a run in the team playing off of the right could be a positive change for the team he is far more likely to penetrate the space in behind then Milner or Geremi he can attack on the outside or the inside which gives us a different sort of threat, this also opens up N'Zogbia to be given a uninterrupted run in his best position Left-Wing which will be important if we are to see any sort of return to his form.

My biggest concern with the team at the moment is Alan Smith who has to be ousted he spends 95 per cent of his time facing his own goal and for a striker thats no good the big shame is Viduka has not been able to get himself free of injury having Owen or Martins playing off his link up play would certainly bring more goals.

Harper

Beye     Taylor     Faye      Enrique

Butt             

Barton

Duff                                      N'Zogbia

Viduka

Martins

Subs- Owen, Emre, Geremi, Diatta, Given

Geremi's movement is horrible, can't beat a man and struggles to create space. was easier at ACN as he was crossing from deep and was never man-marked whereas on the wing he'll have two defenders hovering around him. I'd play him in the centre, personally, you still get the benefit of his passing range but there is less need to try and take players on.

Agree with this.

With Milner out injured for the coming weeks I think giving Damien Duff a run in the team playing off of the right could be a positive change for the team he is far more likely to penetrate the space in behind then Milner or Geremi he can attack on the outside or the inside which gives us a different sort of threat, this also opens up N'Zogbia to be given a uninterrupted run in his best position Left-Wing which will be important if we are to see any sort of return to his form.

Right, I'm off to bed. G'night everybody.

Agree with this.

Right, I'm off to bed. G'night everybody.

:thup:

Harper

Beye    Faye    Taylor    Enrique

Milner    Barton    Emre    N'Zogbia

Owen    Martins

Milners injured though so swap Duff with Milner and that would be my team

i could see the emre-barton partnership being over ran too easy

I could see any CM partnership that doesn't include Faye being ran over too easy. :razz:

and you'll see i put faye in midfield :razz:*2

Smith will play I think there's no question about that, it wouldn't surprise me if we see him out on the right.

God no, that hadn't occurred to me. Sure as night follows day, it will happen.

Martins has to play, his pace and ability to pressurise defenders is extremely valuable away from home, while he also gets more space and greater chance to counter-attack. play him with viduka and with 30 mins to go put him out wide and bring on Owen who can take advantage of mental fatigue in the brum defence.

Martins has to play, his pace and ability to pressurise defenders is extremely valuable away from home, while he also gets more space and greater chance to counter-attack. play him with viduka and with 30 mins to go put him out wide and bring on Owen who can take advantage of mental fatigue in the brum defence.

If Viduka is fit I'd start him with Martins as well, with Zog on the left, and Geremi or Duff wide right. I doubt we'll see it though.

If Viduka is fit I'd start him with Martins as well, with Zog on the left, and Geremi or Duff wide right. I doubt we'll see it though.

agreed :pow:

i'm dreading a front line devoid of pace, duff on the left and smith on the right, with nicky butt keeping his place.