"stop writing shite on message boards" say .com

Happy Face

This really is the time for some responsibility across the piece; for players not to indulge the media by giving them yet more "time for action"  quotes and more pertinently to quash any talk of new contracts.....Steven.

For supporters, just provide support and encouragement - and bums on (or near) seats.

Oh aye - and stop writing shite on message boards and spouting on phone ins about matches you haven't been to. None of our games after City are televised, none of our games are sold out... 

Even if it is just a veneer of unity, we need to display a united front for the next two months.

The recriminations can begin on May 12th but until then it's a case of battening down the hatches and hoping that the next visit to Merseyside that closes our season will be a dead rubber.

We've watched on as we went down before, but the only time it came down to the last game was at Filbert Street in May 1992. Memories of the intolerable pressure of that day and the events on and off the field still provoke an involuntary shudder...

KK saw us through that day, but his current squad are showing little of the fight required. So far.

http://www.nufc.com/2007-08html/2008-03-08liverpool-a.html

Well said chaps

Guest icemanblue

Why is there such a 'them and us' view of the boys at .com on here?

The fact is, there is a hell of a lot of shite written on message boards (this and others) by those who neither attended, nor saw the game in question.

It's a fair point, why can't it be taken as such?

and stop writing shite on websites too

or do they have a special exemption?

I reckon they do.

Anyone that's been to 62 games so far this year has exemption.

plenty of people who religiously follow home and away come on here and can barely string a sentence together never mind give a reasoned analysis of the game. then there are posters like tmonkey or ohmelads who i think go to matches less yet are recognised as the best football posters on here and whose opinion i'd rather hear than nufc.com 9 times out of 10.

nufc.com does a great, great job as a factual resource, tickets, televised games, archives, match reports etc. but the opinion pieces are no more valuable than any given poster on here. going to x number of games doesn't grant you perspicacity. you can go to all games including reserve and academy matches and still be thick as a bell-end and full of shit, likewise you can go to a dozen games a year and still have brilliant insight. there's good and bad on the forums yet .com consistently take the position that they are somehow above that and holier-than-thou, which refreshingly you don't find on here.

I reckon they do.

plenty of people who religiously follow home and away come on here and can barely string a sentence together never mind give a reasoned analysis of the game. then there are posters like tmonkey or ohmelads who i think go to matches less yet are recognised as the best football posters on here and whose opinion i'd rather hear than nufc.com 9 times out of 10.

nufc.com does a great, great job as a factual resource, tickets, televised games, archives, match reports etc. but the opinion pieces are no more valuable than any given poster on here. going to x number of games doesn't grant you perspicacity. you can go to all games including reserve and academy matches and still be thick as a bell-end and full of shit, likewise you can go to a dozen games a year and still have brilliant insight. there's good and bad on the forums yet .com consistently take the position that they are somehow above that and holier-than-thou, which refreshingly you don't find on here.

You do find a lot of shite spouted by people that haven't even been to games though.

i can see the point about phone ins like...they're heard by people who don't necessarily know anything about the club/team/city and get taken as a yardstick of opinion for any club in "crisis"

as johnnypd says some regulars are thick as shit, yet the thick as shit ones seem to be the ones with the irrepressible urge to call up 30 seconds after a defeat and call for the managers head

can't see the same parrallels with writing on MB's...people have to seek it out and those that do are likely to see a more balanced set of opinions

I reckon they do.

Bang on, jpd. :nods:

Great word too.

I reckon they do.

You do find a lot of shite spouted by people that haven't even been to games though.

find a lot of shite spouted by people AT the match. and as dave points out, there are ways of watching basically every game. for instance it's pretty rare for US fans with the cable setup to not be able to see a game.

Alan Oliver has been to every game this season and i am yet to find anyone else who approaches his titanic levels of crapness.

I'm not saying i disagree with them, forums are full of people so there'll be crap said, just as the stadium is full of 52,000 fans and you'll hear an unbelievable amount of shite there too. inevitable. i just find it grating how they harp on about how feeble, nerdy and bollocks message boards are when they're just like any given poster on here, putting their thoughts out over the internet (only it's less pompous on here).

find a lot of shite spouted by people AT the match. and as dave points out, there are ways of watching basically every game. for instance it's pretty rare for US fans with the cable setup to not be able to see a game.

Alan Oliver has been to every game this season and i am yet to find anyone else who approaches his titanic levels of crapness.

I'm not saying i disagree with them, forums are full of people so there'll be crap said, just as the stadium is full of 52,000 fans and you'll hear an unbelievable amount of shite there too. inevitable. i just find it grating how they harp on about how feeble, nerdy and bollocks message boards are when they're just like any given poster on here, putting their thoughts out over the internet (only it's less pompous on here).

I'm sure the .com boys don't have any time for Alan Oliver or people who go to games and boo either.

They aren't saying don't write witty articulate insightful pieces that inspire support and confidence.

They're saying don't write shite.

I'm sure the .com boys don't have any time for Alan Oliver or people who go to games and boo either.

They aren't saying don't write witty articulate insightful pieces that inspire support and confidence.

i know. but so much for all the positive lark. in the same match report they say "Quite frankly though, the knackers yard or glue factory would provide more fitting surroundings for our donkeys than the winner's enclosure." as well as giving two paragraphs over to bashing the fans who sing the "wrong" songs at anfield. had similar been said on here no doubt they'd class it as the kind of crap you read on message boards.

i know. but so much for all the positive lark. in the same match report they say "Quite frankly though, the knackers yard or glue factory would provide more fitting surroundings for our donkeys than the winner's enclosure." as well as giving two paragraphs over to bashing the fans who sing the "wrong" songs at anfield. had similar been said on here no doubt they'd class it as the kind of crap you read on message boards.

Fair point like.

Though I reckon they'd be more concerned by threads like (and I'm making these up without checking) "When will Keegan Walk?", "If Martins doesn't start should Keegan be sacked?" and "Mort and Ashley have really fucked this club over" rather than the merits of individuals on pitch performance..

Fuking hypocritical cunts. Just as bad as anyone, at least those they are having a go at don't preach to people and then do exactly what they are preaching against.

Arseholes.