"stop writing shite on message boards" say .com

Happy Face

Fuking hypocritical cunts. Just as bad as anyone, at least those they are having a go at don't preach to people and then do exactly what they are preaching against.

Arseholes.

They haven't done any articles on when Keegan should be sacked or when he'll walk out to be fair.

Grow up. Anyone who doesn't see that there is so rubbish written about the club, here, there and everwhere, in particular in the national press, has clearly drowned in all the S***.

i can see the point about phone ins like...they're heard by people who don't necessarily know anything about the club/team/city and get taken as a yardstick of opinion for any club in "crisis"

as johnnypd says some regulars are thick as shit, yet the thick as shit ones seem to be the ones with the irrepressible urge to call up 30 seconds after a defeat and call for the managers head

can't see the same parrallels with writing on MB's...people have to seek it out and those that do are likely to see a more balanced set of opinions

Many on Boards such as this spout off about the club without even havig seen the games, never mind GOING. Is that ok?

Fuking hypocritical cunts. Just as bad as anyone, at least those they are having a go at don't preach to people and then do exactly what they are preaching against.

Arseholes.

They haven't done any articles on when Keegan should be sacked or when he'll walk out to be fair.

:lol:

Fair enough but its a message board, people are venting or talking about another defeat, another humiliating display or getting very nervy about the R word. This doesn't need brining to anyones attention tbh, they help nobody by having a pop at those who are at their wits end. Those who are responsible are not those making shite threads, its those making shite decisions at board room level and those being paid millions on the pitch. Deflecting attention from the real reason were in trouble, that in itself helps no one and its just another hypocritical piece from dot comical as they are blaming people who are not responsible, just like those threads they are complaining about.

Total joke imo.

plenty of people who religiously follow home and away come on here and can barely string a sentence together never mind give a reasoned analysis of the game. then there are posters like tmonkey or ohmelads who i think go to matches less yet are recognised as the best football posters on here and whose opinion i'd rather hear than nufc.com 9 times out of 10.

nufc.com does a great, great job as a factual resource, tickets, televised games, archives, match reports etc. but the opinion pieces are no more valuable than any given poster on here. going to x number of games doesn't grant you perspicacity. you can go to all games including reserve and academy matches and still be thick as a bell-end and full of shit, likewise you can go to a dozen games a year and still have brilliant insight. there's good and bad on the forums yet .com consistently take the position that they are somehow above that and holier-than-thou, which refreshingly you don't find on here.

Ain't seen him for a while. Be nice to hear his views on our current pickle.

The .com boys are entitled to their opinion*.

But thats all it is THEIR OPINION. The same as what people post on MBs are putting forard their opinions.

Having a web site doesn't make those opinions any more valid than a MB poster, and maybe they, and those who for some stupid reason jump to attack them, fail to grasp that.

* Apart from the opinions of those who think that the radio/tv/no coverage is enough to pontificate on performances, they can fuck off.

But thats all it is THEIR OPINION. The same as what people post on MBs are putting forard their opinions.

Having a web site doesn't make those opinions any more valid than a MB poster, and maybe they, and those who for some stupid reason jump to attack them, fail to grasp that.

* Apart from the opinions of those who think that the radio/tv/no coverage is enough to pontificate on performances, they can fuck off.

Are people who miss the game allowed to comment on certain things they see on TV though?

Speaking of self-important cunts :razz:

Guest icemanblue

Why is there such a 'them and us' view of the boys at .com on here?

The fact is, there is a hell of a lot of shite written on message boards (this and others) by those who neither attended, nor saw the game in question.

It's a fair point, why can't it be taken as such?

I'll repeat then.  Seems as if it's mostly the 'old guard' who have the problems.

Guest metal fingers

So far it appears that everyone is missing their point.

What they are trying to say is all Newcastle fans stay silent when it comes to the negative (themselves included).

It's Bunker Mentality time.

Once the season is over and our fate has been decided it's then a free for all.  Until then stop twisting, especially on things like Ashley/Mort are failures, Keegan walk away again, don't play Owen cause he loves Liverpool (he's ours for the next 4 months at least)...

i can see the point about phone ins like...they're heard by people who don't necessarily know anything about the club/team/city and get taken as a yardstick of opinion for any club in "crisis"

as johnnypd says some regulars are thick as s***, yet the thick as s*** ones seem to be the ones with the irrepressible urge to call up 30 seconds after a defeat and call for the managers head

can't see the same parrallels with writing on MB's...people have to seek it out and those that do are likely to see a more balanced set of opinions

Many on Boards such as this spout off about the club without even havig seen the games, never mind GOING. Is that ok?

read my post, you'll see my point - as metal fingers says it's about bunker mentality...if negative stuff (regardless of being at the game or not) is getting broadcast about on the radio/tv it's going to make it much easier for the media etc...to build up the crisis talk

writing on message boards is unlikely to contribute to that anywhere near as much, is what i was saying

personally i'd not comment on a match i'd not seen in some way shape or form 'cause it's fucken stupid to do so

if negative stuff (regardless of being at the game or not) is getting broadcast about on the radio/tv it's going to make it much easier for the media etc...to build up the crisis talk

writing on message boards is unlikely to contribute to that anywhere near as much, is what i was saying

I reckon hacks scour boards like this for a whiff of discontentment then make up "club source" stories that cater to them.

if negative stuff (regardless of being at the game or not) is getting broadcast about on the radio/tv it's going to make it much easier for the media etc...to build up the crisis talk

I reckon hacks scour boards like this for a whiff of discontentment then make up "club source" stories that cater to them.

maybe so...i'd personally argue people calling national football phone ins and voicing discontent would spread a negative view of the club far easier

that's all i'm saying

maybe so...i'd personally argue people calling national football phone ins and voicing discontent would spread a negative view of the club far easier

that's all i'm saying

I guess that's why they had a pop at those too.

When they say "stop writing shite on message boards" the context has clearly been misunderstood on here.

They clearly mean "stop writing 'shite' on message boards" - clearly a message aimed at Northern Monkey.

Guest icemanblue

They've never liked this place tbh.

Really? Why is that?

I just don't understand it. I mean, surely we're all following the same cause?

So far it appears that everyone is missing their point.

What they are trying to say is all Newcastle fans stay silent when it comes to the negative (themselves included).

It's Bunker Mentality time.

Once the season is over and our fate has been decided it's then a free for all.  Until then stop twisting, especially on things like Ashley/Mort are failures, Keegan walk away again, don't play Owen cause he loves Liverpool (he's ours for the next 4 months at least)...

Must admit, these threads wind me up as well. Constructive criticism fair enough, but you have to wonder if people who write stuff like this actually want us to fail, just so they can be proven right.

that's all i'm saying

I guess that's why they had a pop at those too.

repeats self - at the start i said i could see the picking at phone ins but not so much message boards, my opinion

you read any of their match reports recently?  very subjective and negative as the defeats mount...as one of the most well known fan sites about they're hardly helping are they if websites have such an effect?

They've never liked this place tbh.

Really? Why is that?

I just don't understand it. I mean, surely we're all following the same cause?

Well before forums became popular, it was very much a case of 'their way or the highway' when it came to independent internet coverage of events at SJP.